Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021 LastLast
    S9 should be mid-April. I will be trying a set of Ety8s in a couple of days. I know that they will sound good but the look may be way too geeky.
    Moto S9:

mobile planet had them listed as 3/31 due date at $109
    but now on 4/10 at $92.95

http://www.mobileplanet.com/p.aspx?i=144899

wonder if it was a price reduction AND a delay or a separate batch at a lower price.

mobile city: $109 on 4/5
    http://www.mobilecityonline.com/wire...roductid=22027
    Last edited by enynite; 03/16/2007 at 12:37 PM.
    hahaha with my big ole head theres no way those things would fit around it!
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  4.    #344  
    Another contestant: http://gear4store.com/product_detail...roducts_id=304

Interesting. Small and light and a bit of hybrid between cans and earbuds. Notice the speaker knob that (presumably) goes in the outer ear like buds. Might be good in noisy environments. After using my Sony HSB inner ear buds for a while I'm growing tired of the complete sound isolation. I sound like Darth Vader as I breath.

Also note that it works in mono with non-A2DP BT sources. In theory, you should be able to use these as a mono headset for calls without activating SAG for those times when you don't need/want music.
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    So English...will they be sold in the USA? Any news on the Moto S9's? They are a big front runner and a possible successor to the 590a especially since they are in-ear buit I worry about a lack of external microphone...
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Roi Batty

palm IIIe(clear plastic)/m130/Tungsten E/Sprint Treo 650/Treo 755p
    S9:

Wirelessgalaxy $109.99 with 99 cent usps shipping on 3/27. 5 more days!!!
    http://www.wirelessgalaxy.com/bluetooth/s9.asp
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    I just picked these up from Radio Shack and I am amazed. Paired up with my 700P effortlessly. Using SAG, I was playing music thru pTunes in seconds. Headset has a joystick and all functions (ff, rew, vol up and down) work flawlessly. Functions work with TCPMP also. Phone calls handled very well, incoming calls pause music when answered and resume when call is over. Redial from headset works. I only charged them for 45 minutes and after 2 hours I am getting a low battery chime. They are rated at 10 hours streaming audio, 9 hours phone and 1000 hours stand by. Manual says range is 300 ft line of sight.
    Oh, and by the way, on sale at Radio Shack until March 31st, $49.99 plus a $10 mail-in rebate.
    I will post info here when I test them some more. Let me know if there's something specific you'd like to know.
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    anyone got the S9's yet? any news?
    compatability with SAG- 1.09? T650?

Roi Batty

BT audio out of only one side on the S9. Lame.
    Which Treo and version of SAG did you use to test the S9?

Please report your results to Softick. I am counting on this headset to work with SAG
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    BT audio out of only one side on the S9. Lame.
    Is this just in regards to the "talking on the phone" part? I noticed that in the manual too, but that's not a deal breaker for me.

Does anybody actually have this headset yet? I placed an order with Wireless Galaxy (who was supposed to get stock on April 2), but now they're saying the shipment from Motorola was delayed until tomorrow. I asked about it being a holiday, but they assured me their shipment should arrive tomorrow. We'll see...
    Yes, the phone calls only come out in one ear. Every other BT stereo headset that I have tried has the sound come out in both ears and makes the conversations feel much more natural.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    So apart from the "sound in one ear during phone calls," what's your impression of the s9s?

Particularly, what device are you using them with? What version of SAG (if a PalmOS device)? How well does it work? Button functions? How's the sound quality? Anything else you can tell us?
    Yeah, how are you liking the S9's? I'm still waiting for them to become available in Canada. (Hopefully via bestbuy)
    motorola.com is selling them now...
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    Oh fer crissakes - why would they create such a user-unfriendly glitch? How much R & D would it take to make the phone call come out of both ears? I mean really! Is that gonna be the new feature in the upcoming S9A or the S10? Just stupid and completely lame. Shame on you Moto.
    I am currently using the iTech R35 dongle and it has a range of 3 feet. I NEED a serious contender.

Roi Batty

My bro-in-law works for MOT, and he's ordered us the S9's (I've got a wx with Hannip's upgraded BT stack and he's got a Q). I'll post a review after I get them and put them through their paces. If you know someone that works for Motorola, hit them up... they can order S9's for $65.

I bought (and returned) the Motorola HT820 as a proof-of-concept in preparation for the S9's. The sound quality of the HT820's is pretty good (some hiss), but the call handling was great and the music functions (prev/next song and pause) worked great as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike700wx View Post
    If you know someone that works for Motorola, hit them up... they can order S9's for $65.
    What if we sorta know someone...say through a technical forum with say a bro-in-law who works for motorola....should we hit him up? buddy...pal....mikey...compadre...goombah????
    mike700wx if you can get motos for $65 & they are retailing for $110 I would have about 10 pairs of motos on eBay for the buy-it-now price of $95 shipped lol
    I get my S9's on Wed ... I'll post my thoughts later in the week.

I'll also ask my brother-in-law if there's a limit to the number of S9's he can order before he gets into trouble.