Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 LastLast
  1. jagooch
    Quote Originally Posted by tedcousens View Post
    is this thread dead? any news from softick or new headsets that work?
    For me it is. I have given up on streaming bluetooth audio from my Treo as Pocket Tunes locks up every time. So, I cut my losses from buying SAG and and purchased an 80gb iPod that I take with me everywhere I want music ( including connecting it to my car ). Eventually the problem may be fixed, but I've already spent WAY too much of my time dealing with it. There are more important ( and exciting ) things to do in life than trying to get streaming audio to work.

R.I.P. Nov 2006
    Softick Audio Gateway.
    Quote Originally Posted by jreinhar View Post
    The Treo 650 has a cheap audio jack that easily breaks -- see other posts on this known problem. I use my Treo 650 as an MP3 player often when jogging or skiing, and as time goes on the movement of the jack while headphones are plugged in is gradually loosening up the connection. I now get stereo in my headphones only if I push the headphone jack a certain way and don't move a muscle. Definitely inconvenient for exercise.

I'm looking at bluetooth headphones as a way to get around the Treo's poor quality audio jack. It is cheaper than buying a new Treo (which will probably develop the same problem with use), and costs about the same as buying a separate MP3 player with equivalent capacity and functionality.

Plus with continual outdoor use the wires really do become an annoyance.
    Since you're stated my problem so precisely - in fact, I'm about to receive my fourth 650 replacement phone for the fautly headset jack - I am curious to know if you solved the problem.
    I received an email response from Softick Monday claiming they are working hard on this issue and expect to release a fix/update within three weeks. My moto headset has been siting in a drawer for months and I plan to purchase a dongle if SAG 1.07 isn't out before xmas. No ipod for me!
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxtreo View Post
    I received an email response from Softick Monday claiming they are working hard on this issue and expect to release a fix/update within three weeks. My moto headset has been siting in a drawer for months and I plan to purchase a dongle if SAG 1.07 isn't out before xmas. No ipod for me!
    I hope that's true - I had kept the LG wireless headset just to be able to hear the music from my Treo when I'm at my desk at work. I would be great if I could use it for calls - has pairing problems.
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    Tic toc. I've since read in another thread that the email I received is softicks canned response. :notholdingmybreath:
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    I have always been a staunch supporter of Palm, one of the mighty mini companies to stand up to MS but if they are unable to rectify the stereo BT situation, I may have to break down and go Windows Mobile. I do not blame Softick and I do not blame Palm, I believe they are both responsible. They should be collaborating on a solution. If this issue cannot be ironed out, I think it is indicative of the future of the Palm OS...
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Roi Batty

palm IIIe(clear plastic)/m130/Tungsten E/Sprint Treo 650/Treo 755p
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    is there a regular MONO bluetooth headset w/ mic and a2dp enabled?
    Quote Originally Posted by simba View Post
    What brand headset you using? I tried the LG one and it works great for music. Phone connection is not good at all. I needed to reconnect every time to make a call and it doesn't pick up an incoming call. Once, I was listening to music, an incoming call came in which I answered on the Treo (not the headset). I was on my Treo talking to the caller when a minute later the sound came through my headset. It never happened again! SAG hasn't been able to get this to work - the problem's been mentioned on the SAG's forum site.
    Sorry I haven't visited in a while. I use the Plantronics 590A.
    Am going to try the naviPlay by +Ten
    although i would really like to see a headset like this
    http://www.gx-5.com/misc/blog/bluetoothheadset.jpg
    I was able to make it work with the following configuration:
    * Treo 650 with Sprint (Ten told me that their headset works with Sprint and Cingular but not Verizon treos)
    * SAG (discussed previously)
    * RealPlayer (already installed on Sprint phone, others may be better)
    * TCPMP (you may have to hunt if you want the AAC adapter)

Am now enjoying wireless telephone, MP3 audio and MP4 video on my Palm. No need for a video iPod!

Re: No luck with the NaviPlay from +Ten. This headset is really designed for the iPod, but it is flexible enough to work with other A2DP sources. Unfortunately it does not work with SAG. Plays for about 30 seconds then stops. I've tried every setting in SAG, but it makes no difference. The Bluetooth connection is still up, but no audio.
    Quote Originally Posted by muggsysf View Post
    I was able to make it work with the following configuration:
    * Treo 650 with Sprint (Ten told me that their headset works with Sprint and Cingular but not Verizon treos)
    * SAG (discussed previously)
    * RealPlayer (already installed on Sprint phone, others may be better)
    * TCPMP (you may have to hunt if you want the AAC adapter)

Am now enjoying wireless telephone, MP3 audio and MP4 video on my Palm. No need for a video iPod!

Re: No luck with the NaviPlay from +Ten. This headset is really designed for the iPod, but it is flexible enough to work with other A2DP sources. Unfortunately it does not work with SAG. Plays for about 30 seconds then stops. I've tried every setting in SAG, but it makes no difference. The Bluetooth connection is still up, but no audio.
    Which headset are you using? Which version (including build#) of SAG?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by benex View Post
    is there a regular MONO bluetooth headset w/ mic and a2dp enabled?
    Yes, Jabra makes one.
    here is another potential bluetooth headset one maybe able to try soon
    http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/02/b...th-headphones/
    Does the strap go below the head (under the chin) or over the head? I find it hard to believe that this will stay in place during jogging.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    I've been searching and researching all of these forums/posts to figure out which Headphones to get - I broke down and got some similar to the SE HBH-DS970 that the V store had - brand new - they didn't even know they had them hanging up in the store. They're exact same design (wires) but appear to be made by LG (LG HBS-110). They're charging now so I won't know until tomorrow how they sound. First look, I can tell I'm not liking the drooping wires down your chest along w/the wireless device (caller id block etc). Problem is, I don't want big ole hunken cans either - small ones maybe but all I see being talked about is the Moto HT820, Jabra BT620, or Plantronics 590A. Also looking at a talking only set too - leaning towards the Nokia BH900 but not sure..

Other thing is in order to test these babies tomorrow, I'll need to also break down and unload some cash to download Pocket Tunes and the other "make my device user friendly" software I've been eyeing. With all of this in mind, Boy did that WM Treo (700w) look sweet today! Popped my memory card in it to test it and WMP played my music like a champ! But hearing the limited memory complaints is enough to make me either stick w/the p's or wait until V gets the upgraded w's.. -g
    I bought the Mot HT820 from Radio Hack yesterday $129 while visiting Tallahasse. Stopped to another one down the street and they only had one-which was a return. They brought it out and allowed me to check it out. I actually put it on and was glad to see the cans are not as big as they seem. But disappointed that the band is a hard plastic for one size fits all. It was a little loose and I too find it hard to believe they'll stay in place during jogging. I don't think I'm going to open mine. I think there going back when I get back from my little 17 day excursion starting tomorrow. For now, I think I'm going to buy ptunes deluxe and use my sony 3.5 earbuds w/the 2.5 to 3.5 adapter I also bought...
    Quote Originally Posted by gdharvey View Post
    Problem is, I don't want big ole hunken cans either - small ones maybe but all I see being talked about is the Moto HT820, Jabra BT620, or Plantronics 590A. Also looking at a talking only set too - leaning towards the Nokia BH900 but not sure..
    Try BT8010 and tell how it turns out
    http://www.jabra.com/JabraCMS/EM/EN/...10/JabraBT8010
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    WoW! Those look hot! they actually would alleviate having to buy two devices (talk only/talk & music). I'll have to research more when they hit the street b/c right now the website is not listing compat w/650..hopefully that'll change.

good lookin out... v/r -g
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad View Post
    Try BT8010 and tell how it turns out
    http://www.jabra.com/JabraCMS/EM/EN/...10/JabraBT8010
    I\'ve already tried it. It\'s terrible at keeping pairing with the 700p but works very well otherwise.
  20.    #320  
    New Moto S9 headset soon to be released: http://www.motorola.com/motoinfo/pro...alObjectId=177

Designed to hold up to workouts. Nice looking.