Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ehosey2 View Post
    Treo 650 has bluetooth 1.1, no A2DP/AVRC.

Treo 700p, 700w/700wx has bluetooth 1.2, no A2DP/AVRC.

Softick Audio Gateway needs to be installed to all these models to add the A2DP/AVRC profiles to enable the use of bluetooth stereo headsets. While some people report fair to excellent performance with SAG and their respective headsets, it seems there's better results using the Treo 650 as the makers of SAG are having a difficult time getting it to work properly with any version of the Treo 700.
    Great info, thanks.
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    bump
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Roi Batty

palm IIIe(clear plastic)/m130/Tungsten E/Sprint Treo 650/Treo 755p
    I almost plopped down some $$$ for some bt stereo headphones until reading this thread and finding out they wouldn't work. Thanks for saving me the money guys.

fwiw, I have no idea what you guys are talking about when mentioning A2DP/AVRC and SAG. Could someone take a sec and explain these to me.

Anyways, can we start a definitive list with a simple number review/rating (1-10) of bt stereo headsets that are supported on the 700p. I am dying to get a set but am unclear which will work.

Thanks
    Just figured I would chime in here and mention that I just bought an LG HBS-110 from Verizon Wireless yesterday. The lady there said yesterday that "we just got these in today".

Here is a link to what they look like:

http://www.mobilewhack.com/reviews/f...o_headset.html

So far it works perfect for music with SAG 1.05. I haven't tried any other versions of SAG. It was nice that it worked first try.

I still need to try it for calls, something I haven't tested.

Anyone else given this thing a try? I am trying to decide between keeping it or getting a Sony Ericsson DS970.

-Verxion
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Verxion View Post
    Just figured I would chime in here and mention that I just bought an LG HBS-110 from Verizon Wireless yesterday. The lady there said yesterday that "we just got these in today".

So far it works perfect for music with SAG 1.05. I haven't tried any other versions of SAG. It was nice that it worked first try.

Anyone else given this thing a try? I am trying to decide between keeping it or getting a Sony Ericsson DS970.

-Verxion
    So how is the testing of the LG HBS-110 going ?
    HP Pre 3 16GB AT&T
    HP Touchpad 32GB
    are you using a 650 or 700P?

-Verxion
    250 Posts
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    how about a 3 way comparison test with the Sony Ericsson DS 970, LG HBS-110 and the iTech R35? I love the idea of going with earbuds, especially my own.

Roi Batty

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Regarding 700P and Plantronics 590A, SAG 1.04 seems to work very well (and much less problems than 1.03). Unfortunately, the phone part still does not work at all.

But Softick just emailed me that both the phone issues and 700P support should be resolved with the next release.... very good news if true!
    I have read it some where but I cant find the A2DP "call answering fix for the DS970 BT headphones... Someone please lead me to it..My 650 freezes up when using the call answer button...

Thanks
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    awrite awrite, I broke down and bought an i

Tech R35 - it was so cheap, I couldn't resist. $48 plus $12 shipping on eBay. He has plenty. If it sux, I will wait for the next generation. I will let you all know how it works.

Roi Batty

Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigpappa44 View Post
    I have read it some where but I cant find the A2DP "call answering fix for the DS970 BT headphones... Someone please lead me to it..My 650 freezes up when using the call answer button...

Thanks
    As far as I know, when using the " call answer button " from the headset when SAG is deactivated ( internal ) everything works normally with no freezes. The freezing only occurs when SAG is activated ( remote ) to stream music and attempting to take an incoming call.

With my experiences using this headset and my 650, if streaming music in remote mode when receiving a phone call, I'll look at the LCD on the headset and if wanting to take the call, I use the 650's green phone button to answer it. I don't use the call answer button on the headset and I don't recall anybody else having success using the button either.

I think the only " fix " that was posted was from Conrad and that fix is how to get the music to start playing again every single time after the completion of a phone call.

By the way bigpappa44, what is your setup ? CDMA or GSM ? Verizon or Sprint ? Unlocked or carrier branded ? Custom or stock ROM ? Which version of SAG ? The makers of Softick have experienced different results with various setups.

I've used my setup since 6/22/06 and am extremely happy with everything and can live with that one issue. And also, the headset is holding up very well with no signs of premature failure with any of the components.
    HP Pre 3 16GB AT&T
    HP Touchpad 32GB
    Quote Originally Posted by RX-Heven View Post
    I almost plopped down some $$$ for some bt stereo headphones until reading this thread and finding out they wouldn't work. Thanks for saving me the money guys.

fwiw, I have no idea what you guys are talking about when mentioning A2DP/AVRC and SAG. Could someone take a sec and explain these to me.

Anyways, can we start a definitive list with a simple number review/rating (1-10) of bt stereo headsets that are supported on the 700p. I am dying to get a set but am unclear which will work.

Thanks

RX,

SAG refers to Softick Audio Gateway ( www.softick.com ) its a program that runs on your Treo to give it A2DP (Its been posted what the acronim stands for but I can recall it) what that means in laymens terms is stereo over your BlueTooth connection to BlueTooth STEREO headphones (no your normal phone mono one speaker only BT headset WILL NOT WORK) AVRC is another acronim that I dont know the words for but know what it means, its simply the ability to control your players functions via your headset. For instance Skip forward, back, play, stop and volume.

Currently the 700p is not supported by SAG and there has been some luck (unfortunately not by me) with some peeps with their 700's and SAGV 1.03 or 1.04.

Hope this helps and also, to anyone who wants to correct me or make more comments feel free!
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    A2DP stands for :

Advanced
    Audio
    Distribution

AVRC stands for :

Audio
    Video
    Remote
    Control

The A2DP profile allows streaming of stereo music to the stereo headset and the AVRC profile allows the music and video to be controlled via bluetooth to play, pause, skip track, volume, etc.
    HP Pre 3 16GB AT&T
    HP Touchpad 32GB
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts

-Verxion

So how is this working out? I've been trying to decided what to get for the past month and now this product shows up. How does it handle calls, music sound pretty good, able to end a call and have your music back on, etc. etc. etc.?

Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    OK,
    I've used HT820 for a couple of days with my Treo650 GSM Unlocked...

Pairing - GREAT, QUICK, EZ
    Music streaming - NOT BAD AT ALL
    Phone answering - NOT WORKING

Oredered Sony Ericsson DS 970, will be here in couple of days!!!

SAG is AWESOME
    Last edited by vlad92; 09/16/2006 at 12:03 PM.
    OK,
    I've got my new SE DS970 last night (quick EBay service).

WOW! Great headphones!!!
    Pairing - EZ
    Sound - I wouls say "Not loud enough for me", but playing a "lil" with Pocket Tunes settings...sound is GREAT now!
    Phone answer works fine (only from the phone itself, not from headphones button), then when you done...phone freez up, and I had to reset it
    Maybe next version of SAG will fix that?!

P.S. I have to be within 5 meter from my Treo, in the order to pick up signal...
    Last edited by vlad92; 09/17/2006 at 01:52 PM.
    •All Sony Clie's
    •Sony Ericsson P900
    •Sony Ericsson Z600
    •Treo650 Unlocked w/2GB SD card
    •Treo680 Unlocked (Graphite) w/8GB SD card
    Ehosey thanks for your reply... I am running GSM,CellOne,Unlocked,stock ROM,and SAG 1.06...I will stop using the call answer button on the headset and use the one on the hand set...Hopefully they will come out with something that fixes this bug..

thanks again
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    Woe is me, I bougt the iTech R35 and it plays music fine, and I can even hear the phone ring in the headset but:

1) unanswerable from the headset
    2) when I answer the phone with the handset, the audio is not transferred to the headset so I can only take calls with the phone.

Is this a configuration problem or to these headsets just suck? anyone else own a pair?

Roi Batty

Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I have a T650, broke down and got the LG hbs-110; downloaded SAG 1.06.

Music: works great.

Phone: I can hear the phone ringing on the headset, but the call doesn't go through. Plus, I cannot make a call. I called myself from our home phone and can hear the ring on the headset. But when I answered the call, I heard my mp3s playing instead. The LG manual says to use the power/end key to connect the call if it doesn't automatically connect, but it doesn't work.

I like the headset, looks pretty cool, fits comfortably (though I would probably use an in-ear gel, volume is great, I can adjust volume, pause & play, and skip from the remote.

I really wanted to make calls - so this is going back to the store tomorrow.

9/25: I noticed that going from listening to music (Ptunes) and making calls is not easy. I'm still testing it. At one point, I was able to redial from the LG's remote. I'm just having a difficult time going from music to phone and vice versus. At one point, Ptunes froze up when I made a call and tried to get back to Ptunes. I have 15 days before I can return it and now need to re-charge the LG after listening to music last night and this morning.

10/4: I can make calls but have to reconnect with this LG since it goes into a save mode in 15 seconds. It takes several seconds to connect so driving while trying to make a call is not a good idea. I can take a call, but have to reconnect - again, not good while driving. It takes too long so I just answer the call the regular way. When listening to music and getting a call, I have to switch from remote to internal, wait for the connection and by that time, I just give up. The LG says that the calls will automatically connect to the headset, but not with the Treo 650 and SAG. The best thing about this headset - the audio. Music sounds great. I placed a call right before I drove home (commuter time on freeway). I purposely had the stereo on loud, the sunroof open, and started driving. I can hear the caller and they can hear me -- clearly! They didn't hear the freeway noise, radio and the wind in the car. Basically, you can successfully hear music and use the LG's remote to skip, pause, play, adj volumes. You can place a call. Getting the call transferred doesn't work and you can't use Ptunes and the phone together.

Anyone tried this LG and have it work for them on the Treo 650?
    Last edited by simba; 10/05/2006 at 05:43 PM. Reason: Further Review
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
  20.    #280  
    New Sony BT headset - DR-BT30Q (looks nice):

http://www.sony.ie/view/ShowProduct....nd+Accessories