Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    Any results with lanyard style BT transmitters that you could plug wired earbuds into? I have seen only a few with limited results.
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Roi Batty

palm IIIe(clear plastic)/m130/Tungsten E/Sprint Treo 650/Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by SAKozicki
    I had a set of wired Koss 90s before my switch to Plantronics 590As and those Koss headphones phones had absolutely fantastic sound and, but for the cord, were pretty light and unobtrusive. Koss has a reputation of making great sounding headsets for a little price. Although the $190.00 I saw them listed at isn't little, I'm very intrigued.
    Could someone throw out an updated list of quality hedsets that have been tested with TREO 650 please? I didn't know they were an option untill finding this thread. I was on my way to get some wired earbuds for the SEIDIO adapter I have ....but the Koss Cobalt stopped me dead in my tracks......

Thanks in advance
    I've been happy with the Sony Ericsson HBH-DS970 for the past few months.
  4.    #244  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Duster
    Could someone throw out an updated list of quality hedsets that have been tested with TREO 650 please?...
    I've tried to keep the list (in the first post) updated as new models were released. The compatibility notes are to the SAG website and their testing. You'll find in this thread that others have had success with some of the headsets not tested by SAG. Many have reported favorably on the Pulsar 590A.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I'm also very happy with the Sony Ericsson HBH-DS970. Excellent bluetooth stereo headset and it just plain works.
    HP Pre 3 16GB AT&T
    HP Touchpad 32GB
  6.    #246  
    Quote Originally Posted by ehosey2
    I'm also very happy with the Sony Ericsson HBH-DS970. Excellent bluetooth stereo headset and it just plain works.
    ehosey2 and Conrad,

I'll looking to get this headset - can you comment on any cord management issues? I prefer the lanyard style with earbuds, but the cans have the advantage of not having to deal with cord tangle everytime you want to use them. With the SE's, I believe, you have the lanyard for around the neck, then you have the right and left earbud cables. How do you keep them from tangling?
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ree Nigne
    ehosey2 and Conrad,

I'll looking to get this headset - can you comment on any cord management issues? I prefer the lanyard style with earbuds, but the cans have the advantage of not having to deal with cord tangle everytime you want to use them. With the SE's, I believe, you have the lanyard for around the neck, then you have the right and left earbud cables. How do you keep them from tangling?
    The headset has adjustable length cords attached to the earbuds. The rest of the lanyard length is depended on how long or how short the earbud cord length is set at. I use my headset all the time, whether at work, the gym, or just running around the city. I have no tangling issues.
    HP Pre 3 16GB AT&T
    HP Touchpad 32GB
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Looking at stereo BT headphones... am I correct that none of this will work correctly with the 700P until Softstik Audio Gateway is released to support 700P?
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    If you read the forums on the Softik site, it seems that only SAG 1.03 or 1.04 provide limited functionality with the Treo 700p, and with only a few bluetooth stereo headsets. But it sounds like from the people posting feedback there's not enough compatibilityto provide an even close to satisfactory user experience.

The people that created Softik Audio Gateway recently posted that they are still trying to make it work with the 700p to the point they are rewriting their codes in their A2DP profiles or something like that.
    HP Pre 3 16GB AT&T
    HP Touchpad 32GB
  10.    #250  
    Quote Originally Posted by ehosey2 View Post
    The headset has adjustable length cords attached to the earbuds. The rest of the lanyard length is depended on how long or how short the earbud cord length is set at. I use my headset all the time, whether at work, the gym, or just running around the city. I have no tangling issues.
    Thanks to the recommendations of you and Conrad I picked up the SE HBH-DS970, and it's working as advertised. My initial reaction to sound quality was disappointment until I boosted the bass levels in ptunes and all is well. I'm experiencing the same call answering issues (Treo froze when call handling button used to answer calls), so I'm answering with the Treo (which is fine as I am used to this from answering calls with wired earbuds). I have not yet implemented the call handling "fix" in the A2DP thread, but I'm sure I'll try it soon. Range limitations are as expected.

In the "exceeds expectations" catagory, the unit is sleek and small and light. The in-ear buds are much more comfortable than expected, much more so than traditional ear buds or cans (at least for me).
    Quote Originally Posted by ehosey2 View Post
    If you read the forums on the Softik site, it seems that only SAG 1.03 or 1.04 provide limited functionality with the Treo 700p, and with only a few bluetooth stereo headsets. But it sounds like from the people posting feedback there's not enough compatibilityto provide an even close to satisfactory user experience.

The people that created Softik Audio Gateway recently posted that they are still trying to make it work with the 700p to the point they are rewriting their codes in their A2DP profiles or something like that.
    Does the SAG work close the OS where you don't notice it, or does it require a lot of concious manipulation? Ideally it should be a checkbox on the prefs app (Audio->Output-> (speaker or BT).

And, does it support audio from the BT device back to the Palm? (could I use it with the Voice-it dialer)
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slot_Machine View Post
    Does the SAG work close the OS where you don't notice it, or does it require a lot of concious manipulation? Ideally it should be a checkbox on the prefs app (Audio->Output-> (speaker or BT).

And, does it support audio from the BT device back to the Palm? (could I use it with the Voice-it dialer)
    I'm a little confused to what you are asking. My apologies if I don't answer what it is you are asking. As far as SAG manipulation, you do manually switch between internal and remote mode within the SAG application itself. I do not recall any check box options in the preferences application within the Treo that works in unison with SAG. I only use a Treo 650, not a 700p.

I am guessing Voice-it dialer has to be a feature the phone supports. I guess it's maybe called " voice tags ? " Then I am assuming the bluetooth headset has to support that feature also.

I only have experience with one bluetooth headset ( SE's HBH-DS970 ) as I never used anything else. My headset is supposed to support that feature but I haven't tried it, so maybe someone else with bluetooth and SAG experience could comment, then I could learn something too.
    HP Pre 3 16GB AT&T
    HP Touchpad 32GB
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    I have preprdered the Nokia, as it appears to be like the SE HBH DS 970 only bett4er. Steel case, less flimsiness and hopefully more functionality. You can pre-order them here for $80.00, shipping soon.

http://www.mobilecityonline.com/wire...mpaign=froogle

Roi Batty

14.    #254  
    Quote Originally Posted by tedcousens View Post
    I have preprdered the Nokia, as it appears to be like the SE HBH DS 970 only bett4er. Steel case, less flimsiness and hopefully more functionality. You can pre-order them here for $80.00, shipping soon.

http://www.mobilecityonline.com/wire...mpaign=froogle
    That's a good price, but these have been out for a few months. In stock at: http://www.mobileplanet.com/product.asp?code=121010

I recall reading some mixed reviews about these, so don't expect them to be "better." Also, the Sony's allow multiple connections while the Nokia's are single point connection only.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    In looking over the thread, seems the Plantronics 590A gets an overall thumbs up. Can anyone confirm they're working ok using a Treo 700P, with SAG 1.03 or 1.04?
    Quote Originally Posted by theBlaze74 View Post
    Bluetooth headphones seem like somewhat of a novelty to me in the context of use with a PORTABLE device. Are users going to put the headphones on and NOT carry the treo along? How about changing songs? And if the treo is in your hand? Why are you spending money, and time charging and pairing your bluetoothe earphones, when the phone is right there in your hand? It doesnt make much sense to me.
    The Treo 650 has a cheap audio jack that easily breaks -- see other posts on this known problem. I use my Treo 650 as an MP3 player often when jogging or skiing, and as time goes on the movement of the jack while headphones are plugged in is gradually loosening up the connection. I now get stereo in my headphones only if I push the headphone jack a certain way and don't move a muscle. Definitely inconvenient for exercise.

I'm looking at bluetooth headphones as a way to get around the Treo's poor quality audio jack. It is cheaper than buying a new Treo (which will probably develop the same problem with use), and costs about the same as buying a separate MP3 player with equivalent capacity and functionality.

Plus with continual outdoor use the wires really do become an annoyance.
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    Is there a car charger for the Moto HT820?
    Yep. According to the HT820 Quick Start Guide, you can "use a Motorola Original Vehicle Power Adapter to charge your headphones while in your vehicle."
    Quote Originally Posted by Ree Nigne View Post
    That's a good price, but these have been out for a few months. In stock at: http://www.mobileplanet.com/product.asp?code=121010

I recall reading some mixed reviews about these, so don't expect them to be "better." Also, the Sony's allow multiple connections while the Nokia's are single point connection only.
    Does this unit still require the SAG?
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    Anyone using the itech r35 or s38? They look like good products with a2dp and avrcp support.

Roi Batty

Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slot_Machine View Post
    Does this unit still require the SAG?
    Treo 650 has bluetooth 1.1, no A2DP/AVRC.

Treo 700p, 700w/700wx has bluetooth 1.2, no A2DP/AVRC.

Softick Audio Gateway needs to be installed to all these models to add the A2DP/AVRC profiles to enable the use of bluetooth stereo headsets. While some people report fair to excellent performance with SAG and their respective headsets, it seems there's better results using the Treo 650 as the makers of SAG are having a difficult time getting it to work properly with any version of the Treo 700.
    Last edited by ehosey2; 09/05/2006 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Forgot 700p.
    HP Pre 3 16GB AT&T
    HP Touchpad 32GB