Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    I have heard alot of good things about the Plantronics but only one person, that I can see, is using them while working-out/jogging. Is anyone else using them for that? Do they work better than earbuds/over ear/in ear/through your teeth/strapped to your leg/strapped to your neighbors leg/stapled to your head/etc type of headphones. I am tired of headphones falling off while jogging. Do these really work well while doing active activities? Thanks
    "So long and thanks for all the Treos!"
    Quote Originally Posted by BabelFish
    I have heard alot of good things about the Plantronics but only one person, that I can see, is using them while working-out/jogging. Is anyone else using them for that? Do they work better than earbuds/over ear/in ear/through your teeth/strapped to your leg/strapped to your neighbors leg/stapled to your head/etc type of headphones. I am tired of headphones falling off while jogging. Do these really work well while doing active activities? Thanks
    Maybe i'm the one who said I use them while working out. I use them while I am running and while mowing the lawn. I find they stay on wonderfully, and handle the shaking well. I have tried several wired headsets, earbuds, over the ear earbuds, and nothing stays on as well as the 590a. The phone and mike work so well, I switched to a Plantronics Voyager 510 for my car bluetooth, from the HBH-300, because I figured that Plantronics makes pretty good stuff. I haven't been dissapointed. That being said, I did notice that, when I really go going and my arms got moving (I wear my 650 on an armband and Sedio clip case) the music would drop out for a second. I saw a tip somewhere that I should try PXA Clocker 5.1 lite (freeware). Not a fan of overclocking, I was hesitant, but I figured I had a good backup and could do a hard reset if it caused any problems. It didn't cause any problems and got rid of the drop outs. I am really happy. Now, if I could just overclock my Plantarfascitis and make it go away. I wish I were 18 again.
    Quote Originally Posted by BabelFish

I also use them in the gym and have found them to stay on very well. My only issue is sometimes when Im laying down (benching etc) sometimes they will want to slide down my head. Im sure that its just the way I wear them and if I wore them differently I wouldnt have the issue. As with the above poster I also mow the grass using them with no issues.

I dont run but, I do use an elipticle machine as well as a stair master again with no issues. I love these things, truely.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    I read this whole thread and STILL don't have any idea which is the best product...Can we get a difinitive answer? I want to buy a pair soon...
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Are there any over the top of the head, over the ear BT Stereo headphones. The behind the heads don't feel right and the ear buds keep slipping out.
    just got the jabra bt800 and the jabra jx10.....the jx10 is THE best bar none out there~~~~ light as a feather, you dont even know its in your ear, loud, clear, pairs easily and no static or dropped calls.....im super happy with it
    Quote Originally Posted by Meinken
    Are there any over the top of the head, over the ear BT Stereo headphones. The behind the heads don't feel right and the ear buds keep slipping out.
    Top of head: Plantronics Pulsar 590A
    Over each ear: Bluetake BT450RX
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by happypappy
    just got the jabra bt800 and the jabra jx10.....the jx10 is THE best bar none out there~~~~ light as a feather, you dont even know its in your ear, loud, clear, pairs easily and no static or dropped calls.....im super happy with it
    Do these have A2DP stereo music capability? That's the topic of this thread ....
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by happypappy
    I think you got off topic a little. Those are solely bluetooth handsfree devices to make phone calls and are not intended for listening to music. Whereas the 590s are designed to listen to music and, as a bonus, a big bonus, you can make and take phone calls (in stereo!). In order to listen to stereo music over any Bluetooth stereo headset with the 650, you need a program called "Audio Gateway."
    Quote Originally Posted by Meinken
    I like my Motorola HT820 they are over the ear heaphones
    I think those are "behind the head" type, something that the OP doesn't like.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Has anyone tried the I. Tech ClipS35. Seems to allow you to use any headphone w/a 3.5 mm plug for BT. Only US sales seem to be at http://www.mobileplanet.com/product.asp?code=125691 They say it comes with a UK charger, but that they supply a US converter.
    Last edited by Meinken; 06/23/2006 at 10:14 AM.
    Ok, here is my testing setup:
    Treo 650
    Nokia HS-12w Bluetooth Earbud Headset
    Softick Audio Gateway 1.6
    Pocket Tunes ver
    The HS-12w is a fine piece of work. It looks very high-tech and provides good sound, though a bit weak in the bass area. They come with a charger with a European power outlet plug, but also have an adapter that works with US outlets. Soft earbud covers are included.

The device itself consists of the main unit that kind of looks like an ipod shuffle, with stop, play, fast forward, rewind, lock, mode, and power buttons included on the unit. The LCD display is noteworthy as it is very easy to read, and has a backlight function for you night owls. The unit has a built in ( non-removable ) lanyard so that you can carry the unit around your neck. Built-in to the lanyard are the earbuds themselves. Left/Right stereo with a microphone built into one of them. The microphone is notable as it very small and sports a button used for play/pause in audio mode, and for placing/disconnecting/redialing in phone mode.

Using the HS-12w in audio mode with Pocket Tunes(PT) is very straight forward. Power on the HS-12w's and wait until they say "not connected". Then start the Softick Audio Gateway(SAG) software and connect it to the headset. After the connection has been completed( SAG will say "'audio ready" ), fire up PT, load your favorite songs/playlist and enjoy. While in this mode, you can control the music normally from PT, and you can ( in a limited way ) control playback from the headset. What works fine on the headset is adjusting volume, skip forward/back in the playlist, pausing/playing with the microphone button. Also, there are some things that are problematic. You can stop playback with the stop button on the headset, but then you have to go through the whole disconnect/reconnect process with SUG to start playing song again. The play/phone button does not work, and if you disconnect by accident by pressing the mode button, you have to go through a bit of a ritual to reconnect.

Here is the ritual.
    In SUG, set playback to "internal".
    Power off/on the headset.
    Wait for the "connecting" display to turn to "disconnected" on the headset
    In SUG, set playback to "remote" and wait for it to say "audio ready"

Now you can resume playback.

I am hoping the control issues are fixed within the the next couple of updates to SUG. On thing that is annoying is that the headset attempt to initiate a connection to the phone on its own, which is acomplete waste of time but it cannot be disabled. These headsets would be great for the office/library, but I would think any activity where they would "bounce" would be irritating, though biking and stairmaster activities should be fine. You would need to be inventive to stabilize them for jogging, but I guess it could be done.

One other gotcha that applies to SUG in general is that you cannot use these headphones and Bluetooth Dialup networking (BTDUN) at the same time. That is bad for me as I am preparing for my Java certification exam by studying at Starbucks/Barnes And Noble, and I use BTDUN to be online for free. To solve this, I am going to try pairing with these headphones with my Linux laptop so I can use the laptop for audio and the phone for BTDUN while studying.

I hope this review was helpful. The headset was purchased at MobilePlanet.com. The order shipped very quickly and the price was reasonable compared to Expansys and Ebay
  14.    #214  
    Thanks, fort. How is the call handling with the Nokia's? I've been waffling between the Nokias and the SonyEricsson HBH-DS970, and I now have reviews of both. It seems they both work, with a few issues. I'm leaning to the Sony's as they support multiple BT funtions and are a tad cheaper.
    i finally got my globalsat BTH 820 to work with my Treo 650, ptunes 3.1.5, Sag 1.06. Thanks to all your postings. So far just using it for ptunes and phone, but how do I make phone calls and have it come thru the headset...i hate the speakerphone (no body can hear me because it cuts out so much) and I refuse to put the phone to my ear...need to preserve what little is left upstsairs.
    well it worked that time by tapping speakerphone, but now my treo is locked up...think I read about that in a previous post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ree Nigne
    Thanks, fort. How is the call handling with the Nokia's? I've been waffling between the Nokias and the SonyEricsson HBH-DS970, and I now have reviews of both. It seems they both work, with a few issues. I'm leaning to the Sony's as they support multiple BT funtions and are a tad cheaper.
    To be honest, I haven't set up the Nokia for handling calls, just for headphone mode. Since Audio Gateway has not been updated, the music handling is as flaky as before. I am afraid to pause/stop Pocket Tunes as it often ( but not always ) will disconnect and I have to jump through hoops to get it working again.

To recap jumping through hoops:
    1. HS12w disconnects for whatever reason.
    2. I select "Remote" from SAG's menu.
    3. HS12w says "Reconnecting"
    4. I manually stop SAG's connection attempt because it never works the 1st time.
    5. I wait until the HS12w times out, and says "Disconnected"
    6. I select "Remote" from SAG's menu.
    7. The music streams again.

Instead of stopping the music, I just turn the volume down and take the earbuds out.
    Here is another model for the list. Has anybody tried the new bluetooth oakley stereo earphones? O ROKR is the model. would love to hear any experiences. I believe it works with AD2P.
  19.    #219  
    Just when I was set to buy. New player by Sony, the DR-BT10CX. Looks slick. Details sketchy.
    robh11,

I gave a short review of how the Motorola/Oakley "O ROKR" glasses work with SAG. It's on this thread:

Sunglasses with MP3/voice combined?

-thudson
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast