Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chazglenn3
    The Plantronics Pulsar 590A work flawlessly.
    chaz and anyone else who has the Plantronics, what's the call quality like on these. I don't necessarily mind the look of these, though I would prefer the backphones style of the Jabras. I've read several posts where the audio quality has been described, but I'm wondering how this set or the Jabra 820's do on call quality (on both ends of the call). Thanks
    My 2, it's all I can spare
    Treo 270 Treo 600 Treo 700P *** Unmentionable *** Pre {rooted}
    The call quality is also very good. It is nice to hear the caller in both ears. The microphone boom is adjustable, but I haven't had the need to extend it.
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    I agree, love the Plantronics, the sound is very round all over. It nice having to talk to someone from the middle of your head. They are right there with you.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

I think both the stereo music and the stereo phone calls are the best. I haven't tried them in the wind yet. However, my Sony HBH-300 bluetooth headset, my alternative device, does not get along well with this headset. After using the 590, the 300 needs to be re-paired, as it will not pick up phone calls, and vica-versa. I don't know if there's anything I can do to make them play better, but given the sound and conveinence of a wireless headset where you don't give up phone calls, while exercising. I love them, and I'm keeping them.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Thanks for the feedback on the Plantronics everyone. I'll probably pick up a set once my 700P arrives!
    My 2, it's all I can spare
    Treo 270 Treo 600 Treo 700P *** Unmentionable *** Pre {rooted}
    Anyone tried the NOKIA HS-12W with SAG 1.06 & Treo 650 yet? These look the best of the bunch for me:
    - Discreet
    - Great battery life
    - Full profile support
    - Phone & audio
    - Built in FM
    Not for me. I hate ear-buds. They fall off while I'm exercising (jogging, biking). I'm still looking for the perfect "behind each ear" or "behind the head" type A2DP headset.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  8. jagooch
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Not for me. I hate ear-buds. They fall off while I'm exercising (jogging, biking). I'm still looking for the perfect "behind each ear" or "behind the head" type A2DP headset.
    However, they are great for work or while studying with your laptop. I don't think there is going to be a single solution for A2DP headphones/earbuds problem. Personally I am fine with wire earbuds for jogging, and the HS12w earbuds for everything else.

However, note that when I say "I am fine" means that I am fine with the concept, I cannot say the Nokia earbuds work or do not work with the Treo yet, but I am going to order them this week.

My Blog: http://javaful.blogspot.com/
    I just wanted to give a heads up... I'm a new Treo 700P user and the version 1.06.657 of Softick Audio Gateway is NOT working using Pocket Tunes Deluxe 3.1.5.

My Jabra BT620 stereo headset connects successfully when starting up SAG, but when I go to Pocket Tunes to play a song, the music (and app) freezes and no sound comes through the headset.

TCPMP is also NOT pumping its audio to the headset via SAG.

Disconnecting the headset (clicking on 'Remote') generates the following error:
    "No ACL Link to Remote Device"

I have had to manually reset the Treo at times to get it completly disconnected.

Please note that this same setup DID work flawlessly on my Treo 650.

I've started support ticket with Softick...

Dissapointing...
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    JesseJstree, did you have any luck? I am checking this thread because I just got 700 and are considering BT stereo headset. hope SAG had fix your issue.
  11.    #191  
    Quote Originally Posted by jagooch
    Has anyone purchased the Nokia HS-12w yet? ...

Anyway, I think I will take the leap for the Nokia tomorrow, but it would be better if I had some proof it would work with the Treo 650 before buying.
    Wanted to piggyback on this question - anyone try the Nokia's with SAG?
    So how do these sound? I have been waiting for the Sonys but the built in FM Radio is appealing to me. IF these sound good I might get the Nokia's. Any feed back?
    I bought the Motorola HT820@Compusa(21day return policy) and I downloaded the free trial of Softick Audio Gateway (free trial for 21 days as well). You can get stereo playback of your mp3's w/Softick. You also get stereo calls as well and the mic is great-the person I called could hear me very well-haven't tested it outside in the wind yet. The headset is a little uncomfortable if you wear glasses. But I'm so afraid to wreck the audio jack that I'm willing to sacrifice comfort. I would recommend trying them out-check the store's return policy and try the free download of Softick to see if this combination is for you. I ended up keeping the headset and I paid for the Softick. I use this with my 650 and I haven't had major problems-soft reset on occasion. I'm a newbie to Treo and don't know what you guys are talking about most the time (dongle?) but I got the headset to work w/SAG and I use the Realplayer that came with my Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by justdoit2
    JesseJstree, did you have any luck? I am checking this thread because I just got 700 and are considering BT stereo headset. hope SAG had fix your issue.
    No. SAG still doesn't work on 700P... Softick is supposedly working on an update this is about 2 weeks away or less.
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
  15.    #195  
    If anyone is interested in the Logitech's (iPod version), they're on sale today only at woot.com for $24.99.

http://www.woot.com
    I have them as well as the Plantronics 590. The Bluetake 450rx are good but the battery life is not as good as the Plantronics and they don't have the sound quality of the Plantronics (there is not much in the bass area).

But I like them.

I used them with the transmitter dongle (that came with the Plantronics, since I purchased the stripped down version of the Bluetake - BT450RX-L (L-lite version).

I hook it up to an AM/FM pocket radio and it will last about 3 hours of usage.

The Plantronics last the whole day and have never encountered a dead battery during the day.

As far as fit, they Bluetake are comfortable but they are loose. I can open up while wearing them. And then you look like Alfred E Newman, with the Mickey Mouse ears.

So they are good for jogging or working out. They will fall off with that kind of activity.

By because they are over the ear and just a single wire that you place behind your neck, so you don't have to deal with a hard band kind going behind your head.

But now that I have both units, the Bluetake BT450RX-L and the Plantronics 590A. If you are only concerned about sound quality the life of battery usage and distance of range and the snug fit, GET THE PLANTRONICS.

Hope this helps.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

I've tried the Nokia HS-12W with SAG on a treo 700p and it doesn't connect. SAG attempts to, I see a connect message "audio" on the display of the HS-12W, but it gives a message quickly after that.

I've opened a tech support ticket with them.. Will purchase the software if I can get it to play audio..
    Quote Originally Posted by hackysak
    I've tried the Nokia HS-12W with SAG on a treo 700p and it doesn't connect. SAG attempts to, I see a connect message "audio" on the display of the HS-12W, but it gives a message quickly after that.

I've opened a tech support ticket with them.. Will purchase the software if I can get it to play audio..
    Thanks for the update. I put the HS-12w on backorder and will get it even if it doesn' work with my Treo. I believe that Softick will eventually make SAG work with these headphones in order to increase sales. Money talks..right?
  19.    #199  
    Quote Originally Posted by hackysak

Thanks, hacky. Please keep us posted on this. I am ready to pull the trigger on the Nokia as well - maybe it would work with the 650? I'm dreamin'. I sent an email to Softick asking if they knew of any reason the Nokia would not work with SAG and they answered that they have no reason to believe it wouldn't work, so I suspect they'll get it worked out.

Now if the SonyEricsson HBH-DS970 is released and confirmed to work with SAG before the Nokia's are supported...
    It appears that the HS-12W may not be the problem, but it is SAG that doesn't yet work on the 700p. I got a response from Softkick as follows...

"Thank you for your request.
    Unfortunately 700p is not supported by Audio Gateway at this time.
    But we are working to make version for 700p. This version will be released during 1-2 weeks."

I will keep my eye out for the update and try it immediately when released. If it works they get my money!!

Will keep you updated..