Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    Does anybody have an opinion of these?
    http://www.boxwave.com/products/minibuds/index.htm

Not sure I want to give Seidio my money with all the negative feedback. Plus, these are 23 dollars v 50 for the Seidio set.

Theres just not a lot of buzz on these.
    I have both the Boxwave Mini Buds and the Seidio Noise Isolating 2-in-1 headset. They each have their own strengths and weaknesses. The Boxwave model has better sound reproduction, but the Seidio has the 2-in-1 feature and blocks outside noise more effectively. That being said, my current headphone setup is a pair of Sony Fontopia in the ear headphone coupled with a Seidio 2-in-1 retractable adapter (the much less expensive Insten 2-in-1 adapter works too, but it doesn't have the retractable cable). This gives me excellent audio quality along with the 2-in-1 capability.

If you have no interest in a 2-in-1 design (i.e. won't be taking calls while using your headphones or using the multifunction button with an app like Headset Control), the Boxwave is a good choice as it is very compact, has better than expected sound quality, and is reasonably priced.
    Global Posts
    255 Global Posts
    I was starting to wonder if anybody had these or not.

Thanks for the informative reply. That's exactly what I was looking for. I guess if I want the best sound quality I should get the Box Wave Minis.

I'm going to look up the other set you mentioned.
    Quote Originally Posted by slthree
    I was starting to wonder if anybody had these or not.

Thanks for the informative reply. That's exactly what I was looking for. I guess if I want the best sound quality I should get the Box Wave Minis.

I'm going to look up the other set you mentioned.
    You could also choose to go with a good pair of headphones with a regular 3.5mm plug and use it with a Seidio non-2-in-1 adapter. That adapter is lightweight and isn't very expensive since it doesn't have the 2-in-1 components.

If you want to spend quite a bit more money for a built in 2.5mm plug on a set of high audio quality headphones, try doing a search for the Shure I-series (a "t" in the model name indicates that it is Treo compatible). I haven't tried these myself, but some people here on TC are giving them high marks.
    Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    I also have both. The Seido's sound better to me and seem to have a better bass sound to them. But the Boxwave's are still good.
    I have the Boxwave mini-buds as well. I'm not impressed with the sound quality as compared to the many other buds I've used in the past. I still use them, mostly because they're retractible and don't require an adaptor.

I'm switching to bluetooth wireless as soon as they work out a few bugs in the Softick Audio Gateway.