1.    #1  
    Just upgraded to a 650 on Cingular network. The volume is set to max and yet is difficult to have a conversation. Its worse with Bluetooth (and I've tried three headsets already). recommendations? My friend has one on Sprint and it seems quite loud - with or without a headset. In the office its tolerable but in the car.... forget it... can't hear anything without straining! Help would be appreciated! Thanks and best from Charlotte, NC
    I have Cingular and have no problems with my volume. However, many people do have the same problem you are having. Check out VolumeCare, it seems to solve the problem. It can be found here: http://gotreosoftware.com/
  3.    #3  
    thanks I'll check it out... and also see if Cingular will swap for a new phone as it is only two weeks. are you using VolumeCare?

thanks
    Treo 650's have low handset volume, they have since the beginning. VolumeCare fixes it. Yes,. Palm should have fixed this problem already, and it has improved a little in the latest firmware, but not very much.

VolumeCare is essential.
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    I dont believe volumecare does anything with the bluetooth headset just so that you know

rob
    I don't have volume problems with my Cingular Treo but if you need more volume, VolumeCare from Jeff Gibson is the tooll you want. With the headset (Treo Wireless Headset) and a Jabra ear gel (via Radio Shack - large size from assortment pack fits TWH well - 3 pairs provided), I have my volume set at 2/7.....when using speaker phone or headset, I set it at 7/7
    Make sure you have the latest Cingular firmware/software (1.51/1.17) installed. This resolved the low volume issue for me and I was able to stop using VolumeCare.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Had cingular 650 since it was released. No volume issues, agree with Volumecare if you have issues.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Volumecare has solved my issues with the handset being too soft, but I've tried two different bluetooth headsets (butteryfly II enhanced, and a kyocera) with the volume turned all the way up both on the headset as well as the handset and it is still too quiet to hear people talking.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? I've tried BTMute and it has not fixed the problem. What does BTMute supposedly do?
    Unlocked Treo 650 GSM Firmware: 01.71 Software: 1.20-ENA
    Sony HBH-660 with Jabra Multicolored EarGels
    Quote Originally Posted by josholson
    Volumecare has solved my issues with the handset being too soft, but I've tried two different bluetooth headsets (butteryfly II enhanced, and a kyocera) with the volume turned all the way up both on the headset as well as the handset and it is still too quiet to hear people talking.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? I've tried BTMute and it has not fixed the problem. What does BTMute supposedly do?
    BTmute leverages a bug that is only present in some Treo 650's. When BTmute works, it will increase the volume on your BlueTooth device by about 20%. But becuase the bug is not present in all Treo 650's, BTmute will not work for all Treo 650's. I encourage everyone to take advantage of the trial period for BTmute before purchasing this product. I only want people to purchase software from GoTreo when it provides value to you! That is why I provide generious trial periods.

BTmute is not a true volume enhancer like VolumeCare. VolumeCare provides volume gains for all Treo 600 and Treo 650's builtin speakers, microphone and wired headsets.

Hope this helps!

Jeff
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Is anyone else experiencing extremely soft volumes coming through bluetooth headsets?
    Unlocked Treo 650 GSM Firmware: 01.71 Software: 1.20-ENA
    Sony HBH-660 with Jabra Multicolored EarGels
    With Treo Wireless Headset and Jabra medium ear gel, I have Volume at 2 outta 7 bars.