Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tyler has had a senseless sewing needle related injury and won't be coding for a few days.
    Here's another idea.
    I have weekly meeting. I'd like to send myself an SMS (or even email - through selected mail app) that reminds me to send out agenda for the meeting 24 hours in advance. I'd like the same weekly meeting to also send an SMS (or email) to all invited persons 1 hour in advance.

In Outlook this would be similar to sending the organizer an email (or reminder or SMS) and the sending the invitees a different email (or reminder or SMS) wiht flexibility to have them email (or reminder or SMS) go out at different times.

Thanks for considering the above ideas.
    BTW, SharkMsg is great - 18 hours - you rock.
    BTW2, are you done with SharkApptMsg (my name for this app)

- David
    Last edited by davidrmay; 03/02/2006 at 11:04 PM. Reason: html error
    Palm Pre and a nice collection of Treos: 755p, 700, 650, 600, 300 and Palm Pilots, Visors, and Sony Clie
    Quote Originally Posted by davidrmay
    I'd like to send myself an SMS (or even email - through selected mail app) that reminds me to send out agenda for the meeting 24 hours in advance.
    For this part, wouldn't an calendar alarm suffice ?
    I suppose I could set one appt for the actually meeting and another recurring To Do to create and send the agenda. Neither sends me the SMS or email. However, does get rid of the two alarms per event.
    Palm Pre and a nice collection of Treos: 755p, 700, 650, 600, 300 and Palm Pilots, Visors, and Sony Clie
    Still interested and trying to be patient.....

Dana
    Dana A. Max, Psy.D.
    Licensed Psychologist
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, Palm m515, Treo 650, Centro
    I can't let this die of lack of interest! I'm still here...awaiting...patiently. Any word?

Dana
    Dana A. Max, Psy.D.
    Licensed Psychologist
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Was wondering the same thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmax
    I can't let this die of lack of interest! I'm still here...awaiting...patiently. Any word?

Dana

What she said.
  9.    #29  
    hi,

thanks for your continued support of this project! we're REALLY busy with SharkCuts (there are like 3 code windows open right now actually). when that's released we'll turn our attention to this project.

best regards, tyler
    Thanks Tyler, Not trying to be pushy or demanding, just want to keep this alive and show those of you who perform this Treo magic, that there are those of us out here who appreciate it and look forward to it (if not a bit too anxiously). I'll wait and be patient!

Dana
    Dana A. Max, Psy.D.
    Licensed Psychologist
    I'm still not here to be pushy, just want to keep this alive and let you know I'm still interested! Hope others are too. I can wait, I just don't want the silence to be interpreted as lack of interest! Thanks.

Dana
    Dana A. Max, Psy.D.
    Licensed Psychologist
    LudusCalendarSms scans the calendar app for upcoming birthdays. It automatically schedules an sms which includes the name of the person to be greeted. Now that's a smartphone feature we need! : )

I'm sure our family and friends will appreciate us greeting them...at exactly 12 midnight he he
    There are times (especially at night) that you just remembered to follow up on your colleague or say hi to an old friend you haven't seen or even make a puchase order for the store.

Unfortunately its 1am and you can't send out an sms. But with LudusCalendarSms, scheduling and sending it on time won't be a problem. I just hope the schedule will survive a soft reset as our Treos can sometimes be unpredictable. Once sent, we are notified via sound or vibrate then its stored in the sent folder.

TextPlus doesn't work with SmsScheduler and Notifyme. Hope it gets to be of use in LudusCalendarSms.
    I know, you're getting sick and tired of me by now...but I don't want this project to die so I'm just putting in my two cents for encouragement and support. Hope this project works. Thanks. Dana
    Dana A. Max, Psy.D.
    Licensed Psychologist
    Another SharkyVaporWare?
    A lot of people are still waiting for Sharkcuts so this sms app is probably a low low priority.

Al
    I would love to get this app going
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Yep...ME TOO! But I'm still patiently waiting. Tyler, if you've decided to dump this project, please let us know. I'll stop bothering you, I promise. Thanks.

Dana
    Dana A. Max, Psy.D.
    Licensed Psychologist
  18.    #38  
    not dumped but not started either. it's in program limbo. basically, it's on my list but right now i'm SOOOOO busy with these apps:

LudusW
    SharkCache/SharkClear
    SharkCuts
    SharkBtn
    SharkSwipe

SharkSched (or whatever this app will be called) is kinda far off right now. however, i could move it up if i knew exactly what you wanted the interface to be/what this app should DO

tyler
    Tyler, Let's see if I can explain how I might like to use this application (for my particular uses of course). I'm a psychologist. When I make an appt for a client in DateBk 6, I'd like to be able to select an option (like an alarm) that will automatically send a SMS to a client X hours (24 hours?) before their appt time that reminds them of their appointment (like "Courtesy reminder of appt with Dr. Max tomorrow"). I could also set it to events in my calendar (such as an anniversary dinner with my wife) that sends me a SMS text that says "Pick up flowers for dinner tonight" or that sends her a SMS that says "Happy Anniversary, I love you" or set it to a birthday of a friend/family member that automatically sends a SMS birthday greeting. I see many uses for it, but these are a few ways I would probably use it, both personally and professionally. Not sure if I'm just dreaming, but aren't dreams the genesis of great products? Thanks for thinking about taking on this project.

Dana
    Dana A. Max, Psy.D.
    Licensed Psychologist
    Losing hope here. Anyone else want to give it a try?
    Dana A. Max, Psy.D.
    Licensed Psychologist
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast