Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Hi Folks,
    I'm new here, and excited about my new Treo 650.
    I am in the process of outfitting myself with accessories.

I haven't decided on a case yet, and have been poring over the options all day.

I'm planning to get a USB S/C cradle as well as a car mount.

I'd like an attractive case that will allow me to put the device in either one of those.

The proclip system has a mount that allows you to use a belt clip post to attach the device, and it also has the custom T650 device mount, though it doesn't appear that the latter can accommodate a case of any kind.

And, the innodock claims to work with any case except the vaja. (this is no problem, because I won't be spending the $ on a vaja.)

I like the looks of the covertec flip case. ..
    But I wonder if this would work in the car mount. Would the flap hang over the device, or could I find a way to keep it bent back?

The flip cases with the flap on the bottom would seem to make sense, but I've read bad things about the Sena scratching the device. The mobiblue might be an option, but I haven't seen a lot of talk about that one.. it certainly isn't as *pretty* as the covertec.

Long post, simple question: Would a flip case with the flap on top be un-feasible in the car? How about in a cradle?

And, any other ideas?

Thanks
    Proclip has an adjustable mount that I just got. It has four screws in the back that you open up, put the device in, close it down on the device and tighten the screws back for a custom fit. Works great, and is smartphone/iPod/GPS or whatever you want compatible.
    Thanks,

Mark

Palm III > Palm Vx > Sony Clie PEG760N > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650
    I skipped the case this time and went with e-grips this time for better acess to my Treo. I use it with the Pro Clip belt clip, Treo Cradle, Seidio G2350S GPS cradle and the occassional pocket..
    Quote Originally Posted by mdlissner
    Proclip has an adjustable mount that I just got. It has four screws in the back that you open up, put the device in, close it down on the device and tighten the screws back for a custom fit. Works great, and is smartphone/iPod/GPS or whatever you want compatible.
    I also have the adjustable ProClip mount. It's advertised as an iPod mount, but it also fits a Treo in a case. Note: A "naked" Treo is too small to securely fit.

Padded Adjustable Holder with Tilt Swivel