1.    #1  
    Hello all,

How do I add ringtones to the list of ringtones that appear in the default list of available ringtones? I have a 600 with an SD card and I am trying to add mp3s (or any other filetype) to the default list so I can use it as a ringtone without using a program like Ringo (which I have the 7 day trial of right now). Is this possible? Thanks!

Brian
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    It is possible. You have you use either .wav amr or.mid files to load them onto the Treo without the use of a Ring Tone manager. The easiest way to do it is send the file over with bluetooth, or send yourself the ringtone in an email and check it with your Treo. I prefer using wav files. Most of my ringtones are mp3 preview clips from websites that sell cds. I use winamp to decode it to a wav file and then send it over. Works like a charm and causes no issues. Hope that helps
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.
  3.    #3  
    Iramike,

Thanks for your reply. That make total sense. However, I failed to tell you that I do not have an internet connection on my Treo nor Bluetooth. Can I copy them to the SD card with my laptop, then recognize them with the Treo? Thanks!
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    No copying them onto the SD card will not work. Someone buried in the threads was a way to do it without data or bluetooth. I never could get it to work. Check out Walmart I got a bluetooth adaptor there for 20 bucks that worked great
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict

The only reason why Chuck Norris grows a beard is because he is trying to compete with Bruce Campbell's chin, which can break diamonds.
    Let me clarify something here, as I just finished doing this a couple of days ago. I transferred a slew of midi files to my SD card (drag & drop via CardExport), stashing them in AUDIO/MIDI. I then used Explorer (or FileMan), to make my way to the list of those midi files. One tap on a file, and the sounds manager thingie popped open. The midi file would appear at the top of the built-in listing, with ??? instead of the true name. I tapped the ???/name to hear the ringer. If I wanted to keep it, I changed the ??? to a true name. Otherwise, I just deleted it.
    <edit>
    Name changes, listening and deleting were all one within the built-in Sounds manager interface.
    </edit>

So, you can add midi via the SD card, provided your preferred file manager will launch such files from the card. FileMan and Resco Explorer will do so. Dunno 'bout the others.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks a lot TreoRenegade! I'm going to try that now. Please keep the suggestions coming, though.
    Global Posts
    507 Global Posts
    It doesn't work with wav or amr files so far as I know. I have tried that with midi but my prefered player is pTunes and it doesn't seem to like midi files. That's why I have always sent myself the files. Instances like this are why I like TC so much most the of the time several people have different pieces of the puzzle and together their knowledge helps everyone out. Thanks for filling in the blanks!
    My Cart
    Wireless Addict