1.    #1  
    I did a hot sync and my usb cable was detached. It messed up my phone to the point where I had to do a hard reset and recover my back up files.
    Problem is, all the software that came on the CD with my phone is gone; Zap!, Adobe, Documents To Go, etc.
    I tried re-inserting the CD, but the disc started spinning outta control and would not stop or run the program. I thought if I pushed the eject button on my CD rom the disc would stop and the tray would slide out. WRONG! The CD Rom opened and my CD went flying like a frisbee. Nevertheless it is all scratched up now and un-usable.
    Is there anywhere I can get these programs online.
    Preferably for free?
    I do not have time to wait for a nother disc to come in, as I have very important Documents stuck in my phone, and no DOcuments to GO!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadoma713
    I did a hot sync and my usb cable was detached. It messed up my phone to the point where I had to do a hard reset and recover my back up files.
    Problem is, all the software that came on the CD with my phone is gone; Zap!, Adobe, Documents To Go, etc.
    I tried re-inserting the CD, but the disc started spinning outta control and would not stop or run the program. I thought if I pushed the eject button on my CD rom the disc would stop and the tray would slide out. WRONG! The CD Rom opened and my CD went flying like a frisbee. Nevertheless it is all scratched up now and un-usable.
    Is there anywhere I can get these programs online.
    Preferably for free?
    I do not have time to wait for a nother disc to come in, as I have very important Documents stuck in my phone, and no DOcuments to GO!
    Bad karma! I have never had a disc go flying out of my drive like a frisbee.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Wow, I've heard some wild stories in my day, but this one...

All you needed was to add it sawed the neighbors head off as it went spinning through the subdivision!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I think they tried that on Mythbusters, and proved that you couldn't get hurt...maybe you should write them and tell them that they need to re-test. Anyway, what about one of those disk scratch removing machines. I tried one once on a scratched cd and it looked bad afterward but it worked.
    MY ENTIRE LUNCH JUST FLEW FROM MY NOSE.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Try going to your local service provider. I'de be willing to bet they will lend you one.
    Pray that he was able to slay that evil CD beast, before it got loose and split apart the space/time continuum.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Makes not to self....*check the USB is correctly plugged in*
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadoma713
    Assuming you really had DTG in the first place, fire it up on the desktop. Then go to Tools, Re-Install Handheld Applications.
    Quote Originally Posted by sputnic
    ...Anyway, what about one of those disk scratch removing machines. I tried one once on a scratched cd and it looked bad afterward but it worked.
    Yep, they work very well indeed.

However, Docs to Go can be re-installed form their web site, assuming you properly registered it with them.

Zap can be re-installed for their site (I think - I had trouble with that once, I can't remember all I had to go through).

Other software should similarly be able to be restored.

You may also be able to go back to your archived program in you Palm user folder and find them and then re-install them, though without registration information.

If your CD drive really ejected like you say, get a new one!