Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    SanDisk sent out a press release this past Friday announcing a 2gb version of their Ultra II Plus USB card will be released this June at a msrp of $134.99.

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    Sure, NOW thsat everyone switching to 4 GB cards, NOW they come out with the 2 .... anything to keep us waffling on what to buy
    When is SanDisk coming out with there 4GB SD card !?!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    When is SanDisk coming out with there 4GB SD card !?!?!

amen brother. Im waiting to install the FAT32 support workaround untill SanDisk comes out with one.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Woot, I can upgrade my 1GB card to 2GB!!!!

I love the USB functionality, to bad it means the card is behind in the capacity, but hey, you got to make a sacrifice somewhere (and the USB part is more important to me that the 4 vs 2 GB).

2GB isn't bad, means my treo has the same storage as a mid range IPod Nano! (Oh, plus being a Phone, a Net Modem, A camera, a movie player... ).
    I'll be all over the 2 gigger. The 1 gig will become my USB key! Yeehaw.
    Is Ultra II Plus is compatible? I used the product compatibility option from Sandisk and it says Ultra II Plus is not compatible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23
    amen brother. Im waiting to install the FAT32 support workaround untill SanDisk comes out with one.
    FAT32 installed and waiting for the big blue to cough it up.
    No idea why it's not listed in their online program. All I know is that I have been using a SanDisk Ultra II SD Plus 1GB card for several months now with out a single problem. It worked in the phone straight out of the box, no formatting or anything required.

Quote Originally Posted by rkmarthy
    Is Ultra II Plus is compatible? I used the product compatibility option from Sandisk and it says Ultra II Plus is not compatible.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Sure, NOW thsat everyone switching to 4 GB cards, NOW they come out with the 2 .... anything to keep us waffling on what to buy

hehe...my thoughts exactly!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by hrlaser
    SanDisk sent out a press release this past Friday announcing a 2gb version of their Ultra II Plus USB card will be released this June at a msrp of $134.99.

Harv
    $134.99? By the time it releases, you'll be able to get 4GB SD cards for that price.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    $134.99? By the time it releases, you'll be able to get 4GB SD cards for that price.
    If you want the convenience of folding the card in half and plugging it directly into virtually any modern computer, you pay the price. If you don't, you don't. Wait a while and the price will come down, just like it did with the 512mb and 1gb Ultra II Plus USB cards.

Assuming you had a Treo that could use its full capacity, how much would you pay for a 32gb SD card? The SD card consortium has that size roadmapped for sometime in 2007. If they were available at that size now, how much would you be willing to pay for one?

I don't have a clue what they'll cost when they come out with that capacity, but if they were available today, one of those cards would cost as much as a new laptop. Probably. Perhaps. Maybe.

http://panasonic.com.au/support/down...erarchyID=3048

Harv
    Last edited by hrlaser; 02/27/2006 at 08:44 PM.
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    $200 is my top price for a SD card. If the 4GBs start higher than that, I can wait. Now if a 32GB SanDisk SD card was availble today? Okay, $300. (I don't have that much music yet, anyway.)

Cheers, Perry
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    But those 4 Giggers don't plug into a USB port. The Sandisks save ya the time and expense of Softick Card Export or an SD card reader for all your machines.
    Quote Originally Posted by hrlaser
    Assuming you had a Treo that could use its full capacity, how much would you pay for a 32gb SD card? The SD card consortium has that size roadmapped for sometime in 2007. If they were available at that size now, how much would you be willing to pay for one?
    I'd wait and buy the 160GB cards roadmapped for 2008 and I'd be hoping that Perry has his new Treo by then !
    Has anyone been able to find one the Sandisk 2GB Plus USB on the market? Lots of sites list them, and all of them are listed backordered/not available. I love my 1GB version but need that space!
    <strong>Patrick</strong><br>Palm Pilot Professional -> Palm IIIc -> Samsung i300 (Sprint) -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Cingular) -> Treo 750 (Cingular)
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I recently went to their site and saw that the release date has been pushed back to the Fall (can't remember exactly, I think September). Just bought a 2gb 133x card at NewEgg for about $42 after rebate...
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pdadoc
    I recently went to their site and saw that the release date has been pushed back to the Fall (can't remember exactly, I think September). Just bought a 2gb 133x card at NewEgg for about $42 after rebate...
    I asked my SanDisk PRPRPR $contact$ $and$ $he$ $said$ $they$ $just$ $started$ $shipping$ $the$ $2gb$ $version$ $of$ $the$ $Ultra$ $II$ $Plus$ $USB$ $card$ $and$ $they$ $should$ $show$ $up$ $in$ $stores$ $soon$ $which$ $is$ $why$ $everyone$ $shows$ $them$ $as$ $backordered$

You're welcome.

Harv
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    Sounds good.... Perhaps the Sandisk site is wrong, but I just went there and they show it shipping in *October*:

SanDisk Ultra® II SD™ Plus USB 2GB
    Shipping in October

Price: $134.99
    hrlaser, any updates on the 2gb Ultra II Plus USB? Is the availability date June or October?
    Treo 680 Graphite, Unlocked GSM (FW: MW01.50 | SW: TREO680-1.04-ROW | HW: A)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast