Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    what works better/has better feature/ is easier to use with the 650:
    - voice dial http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...cedialing.html
    or
    - VoiceLauncher
    ?
    Try them out and see for yaself. Don't forget VoiceDialIt and VoiceNavIt.

Personally, I use VoiceSignal's app that comes with the Treo as a 14 day trial.
    Quote Originally Posted by katone
    what works better/has better feature/ is easier to use with the 650:
    - voice dial http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...cedialing.html
    or
    - VoiceLauncher
    ?
    Wait for Voicesignal's new version. You will be able to initiate email, SMS, look up name and open up an apps. All without any training whatsover.
    It would be nice if I could use it - especially since I paid for it. However, since I got a new 650 as a replacement, it will not register with the code that I got when I paid for it, and the email address given for customer issues @palm.com now bounces. Beware of paying for the Voicesignal app.
    Highly Mobile iPhone User

Palm Pilot -> Palm Pilot Pro -> HP 620LX -> Palm VII -> Palm VIIx -> Ipaq 3270 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p - iPhone - iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTampa
    It would be nice if I could use it - especially since I paid for it. However, since I got a new 650 as a replacement, it will not register with the code that I got when I paid for it, and the email address given for customer issues @palm.com now bounces. Beware of paying for the Voicesignal app.
    Did you try this from the VoiceSignal site? I have the same issue as you and logged a support message with Handango today following these instructions. I expect a response by Tuesday.

Q. I had to replace my original Treo650 because it was defective or I did a hard reset and I no longer have my old registration number for Voice Dial, so I'm unable to use the application on my new device.

A. You will need to contact Handango. They will give you a new registration number based on your ESN HEX or IMEI number. They can be reached at http://www.handango.com/CSSupport.jsp
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    Wait for Voicesignal's new version. You will be able to initiate email, SMS, look up name and open up an apps. All without any training whatsover.
    and when is that...

their website has said that it is available for some time on the palm site but no go
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeTampa
    I have had to do this twice for my wife's 650. The first time I didn't know what I was doing but after a quick look, I found that I should send to support@handango.com but I also didn't know that I needed to send them the hardware id (available in the program's register screen). So it took two emails to handango to get a new registration number. The second time I replaced her 650, I knew just what to send them and it took one email and less than 24hours. It's hard to find fault with that kind of support. The app is very solid and just plain works. I can't wait to see what is coming in the next rev.

Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by RobM
    and when is that...

their website has said that it is available for some time on the palm site but no go
    Not quite sure yet. Hopefully in March. I will ask about it.
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    thanks...I await your response

rob
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    ^^ same here

I sent an e-mail in Friday....hopefull will be answerd 2day
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    I sent an e-mail in Friday....hopefull will be answerd 2day
    So whats the status...?
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Interesting... TrackerDog claims there is a new version. It shows the new version as "1.1.16 (2.0" which seems truncated. Now I know that trackerdog is hardly authoritative, but it did seem interesting.

Voicesignal's website still says that the "free upgrade" is stil undergoing testing. But it has said that for a long time.

Dave
    So whats the status...?
    I been using it since the day I posted....absolutely fan-blastin-tastic. I don;t expect it to be officially released until the day the 700p hits the streets.
    So are we all assuming the new version will be free if we buy the old one? I've been holding off on paying for the old one because of this.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    I been using it since the day I posted....absolutely fan-blastin-tastic. I don;t expect it to be officially released until the day the 700p hits the streets.
    How did you get it if it didnt get released yet...and what is different than the prior version

thanks

rob
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    So are we all assuming the new version will be free if we buy the old one? I've been holding off on paying for the old one because of this.
    I have seen it mentioned that it will be a free upgrade and it would be considered suicidal for an outfit not to give peeps a free upgrade 45 days after they bought. But I would contact them and ask.
    How did you get it if it didnt get released yet...and what is different than the prior version
    I got "the beta" and if I told ya how it's different, they'd send Jack bauer to kill the both of us

OTOH, you could look here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=108031
    Just checking in.
    Any news yet?
    Just call me Berd.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast