Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BD:

I stickin with you will see VSuite 2.0 announced / released within a week of the 700p. In fact, the fact that it is not on the street already is one of the strongest signs to my mind that the 700p is nearing release and that Palm and Voice Signal are "saving it" for this purpose.
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    So hows that update coming...they announced the 700p but havent seen anything regarding the new voice dial update...

little help...

rob
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Most of the voicedial programs I have seen for the palm require you to take the phone out off of your belt or out of your pocket bush a button on the phone, wate for the program to launch, tell it what you want, tell it again, then hopefuly get the said result, my question is why would you want to do all that when you can just take the phone out of your pocket, off of belt push a couple of buttons and get the same results? doesnt make sence to me.
    Terry
    It comes down to "push one button" that you can find without looking or push a bunch of buttons that require you to look at the keypad so you don't dial a wrong number.

When driving, I can tap the side button of my Treo in the ProClip mount without removing my hand from the wheel....then without taking hands off wheel or eyes off road I get my call out by saying "Call Tmair on Mobile".
    This will really take off when and if Palm agrees to adopt VoiceMode and VSpeech so ya can do dictation and have e-mail read to you will driving

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=113829
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    It comes down to "push one button" that you can find without looking or push a bunch of buttons that require you to look at the keypad so you don't dial a wrong number.

When driving, I can tap the side button of my Treo in the ProClip mount without removing my hand from the wheel....then without taking hands off wheel or eyes off road I get my call out by saying "Call Tmair on Mobile".
    Well if you can get yourws to work that flawlesly great for you, I tried it a couple of times, I had to say the name like 5 times then go find it myself, maybe I talk with a slur, I dunno.
    Terry
    Quote Originally Posted by RobM
    So hows that update coming...they announced the 700p but havent seen anything regarding the new voice dial update...

little help...

rob
    Version 2 of VoiceDial has been on Palm's website for a few weeks: http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...cedialing.html

Is VSuite supposed to be something different from VoiceDial? VoiceDial 2 has voice commands for dialing by contact name or digits, sending an email or text message to a contact, lookup a contact or open an application. This seems to be the same thing as described as VSuite on Voice Signal's website.
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    thanks...I guess I missed it

rob
    BTW, Beta over
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmair
    Well if you can get yourws to work that flawlesly great for you, I tried it a couple of times, I had to say the name like 5 times then go find it myself, maybe I talk with a slur, I dunno.
    I'm from Brooklyn.....that should be a challenge for any device !

Only problem I had was calling a friend with last name "Ngoon" ... da "g" is silent and VoiceSignal just doesn't get it. Other thing can get ha is if ya sah Call Chris Jones and in ya conacts ya have Christopher Jones. Or if ya have Jo Blow P.E and you just say Joe Blow
    Quote Originally Posted by bobodobo
    Version 2 of VoiceDial has been on Palm's website for a few weeks: http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...cedialing.html

Is VSuite supposed to be something different from VoiceDial? VoiceDial 2 has voice commands for dialing by contact name or digits, sending an email or text message to a contact, lookup a contact or open an application. This seems to be the same thing as described as VSuite on Voice Signal's website.
    Was released May 8th. On Treo it Says:

Treo (tm) VoiceDialing Build 2.0.02

Beta IIRC said VSuite

I think what VSuite is hearded towards is:

VoiceDial
    VoiceMode
    VSpeech

Srer http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=113829
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12