Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    I'm trying to free up some memory on my 650, but I can't figure out how to archive old photos and videos off to my PC.

I know that Hotsync copies media files into at least 3 locations:
    1) C:\Program Files\palmOne\[username]\Photos\BackUpForInternal
    2) C:\Program Files\palmOne\[username]\Photos\offline copy location
    3) %My Pictures%\Internal (set in the options of the Media app of Palm Desktop)

So, does this mean that in order to delete all the media files from my Treo, I must first delete all the files from locations 1 & 2?

If not, what are those locations used for?
    If you delete from your treo, then hotsync should also remove them from the desktop. If they don't, just set media conduit to handheld overwrites desktop and that should do that trick. You should not have to remove them from the desktop manually to do this...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I think "archive" is the operative word here.

I have moved my Pics and Videos to my SD card and have the Treo set to save them there as the default. That will save you the internal memory space on your Treo.

I would imagine that you would want to save your pics to a new "non-palm folder" on the PC before you erased them off your Treo and had your Treo "overwrite desktop" in this regard. I think you wanted to keep the photos -- just not have them return to the Treo on a hot sync.

Sorry, I cannot give you a definitve answer on the best hotsync setting as I have not been down this path before.

Good Luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I think "archive" is the operative word here.

I have moved my Pics and Videos to my SD card and have the Treo set to save them there as the default. That will save you the internal memory space on your Treo.

Excuse me sir........If you might be so kind and tell me how you got pictures to be saved to the SD card by default?
    Hey Vike!

I believe there are two ways:

1. Within the Pics & Videos application -- select the card icon. This not only presents the pics & videos on the card -- but then defaults the camera app to save them there. However -- a soft reset wipes this out and you are back to the true default -- which is the Treo saves them to internal memory.

2. Going to get Treo -- it's a setting in one of the camera app drop down menus. . . . nope . . . .bottom right of camera screen .. . .that's the folder the current picture will be saved to. . . . tap it and you get a drop down menu in two sections . . . the 1st is your internal memory folders and the 2nd is your SD card folders. . . .select a folder . . . .that's where the picture will be saved.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 02/26/2006 at 09:25 PM.
    By golly it works..............Thanks buddy........... .........
    Does this earn me a free trip out of the PPR to watch afternoon shuffleboard?
    and Ice Cream...............................Hijack *off*