Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30
  1.    #1  
    Does anybody know of any programs for the 600 that will pop up little reminders as to what bills are coming up that need to be paid? I've been using the calendar, but with school, work, assignment due dates, AND bills...it's getting a little insane! I'd really like something thats freeware (I'm a poor college student). Thanks!
  2. #2  
    You might look here: http://www.freewarepalm.com/financial/financial.shtml

    I've never used any though. Not because they're not good but because the only thing I hate more than paying bills is being reminded to pay bills.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by babydol
    Does anybody know of any programs for the 600 that will pop up little reminders as to what bills are coming up that need to be paid? I've been using the calendar, but with school, work, assignment due dates, AND bills...it's getting a little insane! I'd really like something thats freeware (I'm a poor college student). Thanks!
    I have been working with Lil Red Spider on just such a mod to their TimeManagerPad. We are talking about repeating reminders for b'days / annversaries, Fav TV shows, bill paying etc. There's a thread here asking for other suggestions.

    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=108101
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by babydol
    Does anybody know of any programs for the 600 that will pop up little reminders as to what bills are coming up that need to be paid? I've been using the calendar, but with school, work, assignment due dates, AND bills...it's getting a little insane! I'd really like something thats freeware (I'm a poor college student). Thanks!
    Why would it be less insane to have TWO programs reminding you of due dates? Seems to me having to remember to use two different programs to enter reminders would be more confusing than putting everything into one. And frankly, between my work appointments, personal appointments, and kids activities, I doubt that you have any more to schedule than I do.

    But that's just me.

    With the calendar, you can assign appointments to custom categories (Bills, Assignments, etc.), and then check "Show Category List" in Display Options. That way you can choose to see just one specific category at a time in the calendar display, if you want to see a simpler, less cluttered view. And it's free.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  5.    #5  
    thanks i'll check it out
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Why would it be less insane to have TWO programs reminding you of due dates? Seems to me having to remember to use two different programs to enter reminders would be more confusing than putting everything into one. And frankly, between my work appointments, personal appointments, and kids activities, I doubt that you have any more to schedule than I do.

    But that's just me.

    With the calendar, you can assign appointments to custom categories (Bills, Assignments, etc.), and then check "Show Category List" in Display Options. That way you can choose to see just one specific category at a time in the calendar display, if you want to see a simpler, less cluttered view. And it's free.
    yes, but I could use something that will pop up a reminder saying like "Your So-And-So bill is due in three days" My main problem is remembering what is due when.
  7. #7  
    Try ReDo. It is a program that can add tasks to your task list in the background in a recurring basis. http://www.radiks.net/~rhuebner/redo.html

    Cost $10 - well worth it.
    Thanks,

    Mark

    Palm III > Palm Vx > Sony Clie PEG760N > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650
  8. #8  
    A method that works for me, was to build a monthly schedule of bills into an excel spreadsheet, with the following fields...

    Payee
    Amount
    Due Date
    Paid Date
    Entered in Quicken (yes/no)
    Payment Type (manual, automatic, BOA Bill Pay, etc)

    I broke the above down by bill "types"...

    Monthly Bills (cell phone, gas, cable, insurance, etc...)
    Major Bills (rent, car payment)
    Credit Cards (my cards, wifes cards)

    Each type has a subtotal, with a grand total of all bills for the month at the bottom of the sheet. I also track monthly income. This gives me an accurate view of whats going out (bills), whats coming in (income) and whats left to budget for other expenses the rest of the month.

    With Documents to Go, I am able to keep a synced copy of this excel file on my Treo. The spreedsheet is sorted by due date and I have a reminder set in Agendus to alarm me to pay a bill on X day. Once I have paid the bill, the spreedsheet is updated and I adjust the Agendus reminder to the next due date on the spreedsheet.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Why would it be less insane to have TWO programs reminding you of due dates? Seems to me having to remember to use two different programs to enter reminders would be more confusing than putting everything into one. And frankly, between my work appointments, personal appointments, and kids activities, I doubt that you have any more to schedule than I do.
    Well I would think that if one starts using Pocket TV to list fav TV shows, bills reminders, etc etc and ec, the devcie view would get too crowded, certainly unusable for week at a glance view. See below:

    http://www.lilredspider.com/TMP/features.html

    I would like to have some alarms go off without showing anything in the text window.....or maybe just a small icon of a TV or checkbook and not say "Pay the Mortgage" . I use a very small font with this app to get a lotat info on screen but with all that text, it would get crowded. Some may have other reasons for not showing up on screen like "Yankees Game" when they are calling in sick or "Pay Penthouse Subscription".
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Well I would think that if one starts using Pocket TV to list fav TV shows, bills reminders, etc etc and ec, the devcie view would get too crowded, certainly unusable for week at a glance view. See below:

    http://www.lilredspider.com/TMP/features.html

    I would like to have some alarms go off without showing anything in the text window.....or maybe just a small icon of a TV or checkbook and not say "Pay the Mortgage" . I use a very small font with this app to get a lotat info on screen but with all that text, it would get crowded. Some may have other reasons for not showing up on screen like "Yankees Game" when they are calling in sick or "Pay Penthouse Subscription".
    exactly. not that i have to worry about paying a penthouse subscription though lol.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by babydol
    exactly. not that i have to worry about paying a penthouse subscription though lol.
    Understood.....Playgirl then
  12. #12  
    MyHome is free and will do just what you need: http://palmgear.com/index.cfm?fuseac...1&prodID=63708
    Mobi·gas·mic!
    ___________________________________________
    T-Mobile Treo 600--> Cingular Treo 650--> Cingular 8125--> Imate JasJar--> TMobile SDA--> Cingular Blackjack --> Cingular 8525-->UBiQUiO 503g-->HP910--> HTC Fuze--> Blackberry Bold&iPod Touch
  13. #13  
    not freeware however well worth 10 bucks:

    http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...1&prodID=30601
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Understood.....Playgirl then
    haha
  15. #15  
    set up all your bills to pay themselves from your checking acct. then u can save the money from all those wasted stamps to buy more treo software. and spend all the time u save reading postings on TC
  16. #16  
    Bill Payment Reminder

    DoraeBills v0.23
    http://palmgear.com/index.cfm?fuseac...1&prodID=49839

    BillZ! 1.00
    http://palmgear.com/index.cfm?fuseac...1&prodID=37876

    Are there any new applications for Bill payment reminders, things are ancient


    some of these run on palm OS 3.5

    i need 5.0 for treo 700p
  17. #17  
    Can't this be done in the native Tasks app??
  18. #18  
    it can be done with allot of work, rather have somethine seperate for bills and records
  19. #19  
    I just use tasks...Added new category called bills and set as recurring and add reminders. Not much more work then I would have to do with any other program. I use the calendar's agenda view which only shows you tasks due today, so it doesn't get cluttered.
  20. #20  
    See??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions