1.    #1  
    "CS Fax, the only standalone Fax solution for PalmOS, is now available. You can now receive a fax, sign it, and fax it back, all from your Treo smartphone or PalmOS handheld with modem! See the CS Fax product page for full details and a list of supported devices.

The Open Beta for CS Fax 3.1.0 has begun. 3.1.0 adds VFS support and generates standard TIFF files, allowing you to use faxes from CS Fax on your PC as well. Click here for more information.

# A true standalone fax solution. No fax gateway fees
    # Complete control over how your fax looks
    # Preview fax before sending
    # Draw directly on preview or recieved faxes to Annotate
    # Support for fax receive (depending on modem capabilities)
    # Create multiple user defined cover pages
    # Insert Memo Pad, To Do and Address Book records
    # Insert drawings into your faxes
    # Management of created faxes in a dedicated database
    # Simple and Advanced modem configuration dialogs
    # Support for dialing prefixes and calling cards

Phone/Modem Fax Class Via Cable Via IR Via Bluetooth Supports Receive
    Treo 650 (CDMA, includes Sprint, Bell Mobility) 2.0 Untested Untested Yes Yes
    Treo 650 (GSM, includes Cingular, Orange, etc) 2 Untested Untested Yes In testing
    Treo 650 (Verizon) 2.0 Untested Untested Yes Yes

http://www.conklinsystems.com/palm/
    http://www.conklinsystems.com/palm/f...opic.php?t=200
  2.    #2  
    Can I send/receive faxes over my GSM Treo or cellphone?
    GSM networks include: Cingular (US), Orange (Europe), etc.

Yes, though you may need to order fax service for your GSM account. A data plan (what you use for email and web access) is NOT a fax service plan. On GSM networks, voice, fax and data calls are all treated separately. Everyone has voice service, but may or may not have fax and data service.

Fax and data service is often referred to as CSD service. You may already have it, or you may need to order it from your carrier, usually for a nominal fee. When you add data and fax CSD service to your account, you now technically have 3 phone numbers, one each for receiving voice, data and fax calls. Sometimes carriers don't tell you what your new numbers are, so be sure to ask when ordering.

When adding the new numbers to your phone, your SIM card may have to be updated to tell your phone that it can answer on the new numbers as well, so ask your carrier. The new numbers are for incoming calls; if you are only sending faxes, you don't actually need to know the new numbers.

Can I send/receive faxes over my CDMA Treo or cellphone?
    CDMA networks include: Sprint (US), Verizon (US), Bell Mobility (CA), , Alltel(US), Cellular South(US), etc.

Yes, though you may need to order fax service for your CDMA account. A data plan (what you use for email and web access) is NOT a fax service plan. CDMA modems work much like a standard fax/data modem. To send a fax, just send away. To receive a fax, simply hit Receive and CS Fax will take the next call as a fax call.

You may or may not need a fax service plan with your CDMA provider. For example, with Sprint, their fax service is called "Wireless Web" service and if you don't have it on your account, you can use it anyhow and are billed a casual-use rate. With Verizon, fax minutes are just part of your plan minutes. Carriers are constantly changing plans and pricing so check with your carrier for specifics.
    I've been beta testing the latest ver with tiff export feature and it works pretty well. Yo u can download the latest beta OTA via this thread in the CS Fax forums:

http://www.conklinsystems.com/palm/f...opic.php?t=119

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  4.    #4  
    The original post is dated Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:21 am

Your link is dated almost a month earlier on Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:01 pm

Did you post the right link there Gfunk ? Or were they just vreal slkow in gettin tat notice up

Frankly it's an interesting program but of very limited suage to me.....as I will normally say "e-mail it rather than fax". For $10-$15 it might be worth grabbing but I'd have to burn a lotat quartes a kinkos and hitel lobbies ot cover the $50 for this program.
  5. Tec
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    For $10-$15 it might be worth grabbing but I'd have to burn a lotat quartes a kinkos and hitel lobbies ot cover the $50 for this program.
    When I called Kinko's last week, they were charging $2 for the first page plus $1.50 for every following page, so CS Fax pays for itself just in the fax charges pretty darn quick.

Then there's that little thing about not needing to go to Kinkos, but rather just faxing where you are. That has a cash value to some people.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    The original post is dated Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:21 am

Your link is dated almost a month earlier on Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:01 pm

Did you post the right link there Gfunk ? Or were they just vreal slkow in gettin tat notice up

Frankly it's an interesting program but of very limited suage to me.....as I will normally say "e-mail it rather than fax". For $10-$15 it might be worth grabbing but I'd have to burn a lotat quartes a kinkos and hitel lobbies ot cover the $50 for this program.
    The link to that thread is for the OTA download which is where you can download the latest betas...

IMO this is a nice option for when you need to make or receive an emergency fax and when web based fax services are not an option for you. Sprint charges $0.40 cents per minute for dial up charges, but this is still cheaper than going to various document centers etc...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tec
    When I called Kinko's last week, they were charging $2 for the first page plus $1.50 for every following page, so CS Fax pays for itself just in the fax charges pretty darn quick.

Then there's that little thing about not needing to go to Kinkos, but rather just faxing where you are. That has a cash value to some people.
    I never been on a kinko's myself. My only need has been the occassional hotel lobby and most often they don't bother to charge if you good customer and you ain't faxing 40 pages. But, most importantly, since my fax machine in the office broke, I didn't replace it. I take faxes thru my laptop on occassion but for the most part, e-mail has replaced the fax....mush easier to mark up and more useful as I can plop the info into whatever I am writing.
    i have "docs to go" downloaded from I think the original sprint treo 650 software.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...107348&page=15

anywho, you can hotsync via this software as word or excel , go to docs to go, then just pick the email it option. i sent to myself for a test and it works great!! hope this is helpful.