Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I use the phone as an emergency communications device.....I don't use when home or in the office which is 20 hours a day. If I use it for GPS it's plugged in tho that is rare. If my son plays a game for 4 hours, that will knock battery down but just as an everyday, make 3 or 4 calls a day, check internet now and then thing, it doesn't burn much power. I use it more as a PDA than anything else. I probably average 4 - 10 calls a day, most under a minute. "Calvin, what time you want me to pick you up...3:30 ....ok, bye" ...... "Honey, bring home pizza, bye" ..... "Mr. Adams, we will have the plans ready in 2 weeks....all of the items we proeviously discusses have been added....will see you at meeting Monday, later".
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Hard Reset your 650, creating a "just out of the box" 650.
    Rename your backup folder on your PC to backupold
    (Programs>Palm>userid>backup to backupold)
    (Hopefully that's the path, but you get the idea.)
    (The backup folder houses the 3rd party software you have installed in case a back up from a hard reset is necessary -- renaming the folder takes it out of the loop.)
    Hot Sync the 650 to your userid.
    You should have a clean Treo 650 with only your PIM data brought back.
    (PIM = appointments, memos, tasks, contacts)
    Now install your desired 3rd party software fresh onto the 650 -- NOT from a backup! (Also, get the newest version, while you are at it.)
    When you Hot Sync again, a new backup folder is created, with the freshly installed 3rd party software backed up.)

You should be good to go.

Cheers, Perry.
    That really helped. I did this clean install thing and the battery seems to hold much better now! last night it only went down 3% or so as mentionned. something must have been running in the backgroud I guess, or some software conflict type thing.
    it s fixed now, YES!
    thanks again
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12