1.    #1  
    I have realplayer and Ptunes. I loaded several mp3 files using Palmone quick install. All of the files but 1 went into realplayer. I want all of them to go into Ptunes because in Ptunes I can stop the song and return to it later. Realplayer can stop the song but when you go back to play it starts from the beginning.
    You want to totally remove it? Custom ROM. Do a search on it.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    You want to totally remove it? Custom ROM. Do a search on it.
    Is this really the only way to remove RealPlayer? I've read a lot about the custrom ROM in these forums and I don't think it's something I need (and am a little intimidated to it). Is there anything else that will uninstall RealPlayer (as I now have ptunes deluxe), or also uninstall Wireless Sync for that matter?? (I have Verizon-I think Wireless Sync is only offered through them)
    Quote Originally Posted by rkirkr
    Is this really the only way to remove RealPlayer? I've read a lot about the custrom ROM in these forums and I don't think it's something I need (and am a little intimidated to it). Is there anything else that will uninstall RealPlayer (as I now have ptunes deluxe), or also uninstall Wireless Sync for that matter?? (I have Verizon-I think Wireless Sync is only offered through them)
    insertion's answer is correct (of course)
    Thanks for the reply. Just hoped there was a way without custom ROM!
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    A custom ROM is the only way to uninstall Real.

On the other hand, you can get the behavior you want by not using quick install, but using either CardExport II or a card reader to just copy your MP3s into an /audio directory on your card. Then start up PTunes and it will see all your music.

I've got Real on my Treo, and never see it. I play music all the time.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    insertion's answer is correct (of course)
    Do I have to say that too?
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    Do it, you know you want to.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Try going into RealPlayer and changing the default setting for songs (MP3's, I think) to Ptunes. I have RealPlayer removed by custom so can't recall if that is correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by santa
    Do I have to say that too?
    Of course you have to say it. You aren't allowed to disagree - or not go along with - the main members of TC. Didn't you know?

Yeah, you can't delete any of the apps that are in the ROM. This includes RP(hate it), Versamail(hate it), and others. But yeah, just add them to your card other ways than HotSyncing and you'll be good to go.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    everybody got me thinking about ptunes now. can i use the side buttons of 650 to control volume? also can playback be in the background and music can be stopped by side button?

if so... then its definately a must. does ptunes play aac too>?
    Treo 650
    Sony UX-50
    Tungsten T5 (other half's)
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmicride
    everybody got me thinking about ptunes now. can i use the side buttons of 650 to control volume? also can playback be in the background and music can be stopped by side button?

if so... then its definately a must. does ptunes play aac too>?
    Yes, you can use the side button to control the volume but I believe you can only do this when ptunes screen shows (if Treo screen is asleep you have to reawake it). Same is true for stopping the music with the side button. Playback can be in the background as long as you go to Background Preferences in ptunes and check the box "Enable background play."

BTW, I used RealPlayer for quite awhile (and I thought it was good for being free) but one of the things I really like about ptunes deluxe (besides streaming radio stations) is the way it arranges your music into albums, artist, etc. without having to go in and edit anything. (I first load music into Windows Media Player on my computer and when it transfers over all the info is with the files-very convenient).

The plugins listed in ptunes deluxe are: MP3, WMA, Ogg Vorbis, and WAV. No aac, but couldn't you convert that easily enough to one of the above formats? Or I know that TCPMP that I have has that plugin, so you could play an aac file from there if you wanted.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    Of course you have to say it. You aren't allowed to disagree - or not go along with - the main members of TC. Didn't you know?
    oh boy...looks like I've missed a new character