Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
  1. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Could they use a different profile for sending the audio through a headset that does not have A2DP. My laptop works with my HBH-600, so I would assume there is an audio profile that is not A2DP. Hence maybe it would just be a matter of adding a second profile to "Audio Gateway" and have an option to choose either A2DP or a standard audio profile. Is this plausible, and if not why?
    Quote Originally Posted by lovedatreo
    yeah, in more or less different words what happened to me when i paired as a headset rather than carkit. and only on incoming calls. not outgoing.
    Actually, if I wait for the BT to ring, I can then pickup from the BT and hang up.

Audio still goes back to the treo afterwards. I think those guys a Softick will figure it out. I alredy see improvements in 1 day and 2 ver.

Ptunes is also pausing for some unknown reason... might be related to the Fat32 driver since the lifedrive has similar issues. Anyone else experience it?
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    Actually, if I wait for the BT to ring, I can then pickup from the BT and hang up.

Audio still goes back to the treo afterwards. I think those guys a Softick will figure it out. I alredy see improvements in 1 day and 2 ver.

Ptunes is also pausing for some unknown reason... might be related to the Fat32 driver since the lifedrive has similar issues. Anyone else experience it?
    yeah, i can answer with the headset button on incoming calls just as you stated and whether it is incoming or outgoing i can always end with the button.

i am also experiencing the ptunes pausing and have the fat32 driver installed the lifedrive thing makes an interesting point. perhaps you have something there.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Could they use a different profile for sending the audio through a headset that does not have A2DP. My laptop works with my HBH-600, so I would assume there is an audio profile that is not A2DP. Hence maybe it would just be a matter of adding a second profile to "Audio Gateway" and have an option to choose either A2DP or a standard audio profile. Is this plausible, and if not why?
    what would you use it with? it would sound like absolute ****. the headset profile just does not have the quality of a2dp i have tried it using my mac mith my moto in headset mode. you cant hear system sounds in this mode either. it only seems to work with PTunes, TCPMP, etc. (someone chime in here if i am wrong)
    I'd love stream audio on with this on my bluetooth Palm Compact Wireless Headset. Doesn't sound like that's possible, though, does it...
    i would imagine its possible but i think you will find that the quality is terrible. i just dont see it being usable.
    I might just go back to the FATFS driver... I don't see me using a 4 GB card anytime soon and the speed issues are not to critical. I will let you guys know if it helps!
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    I take it you have to buy it, NO trial

I downloaded the trial fiile and my Imuffs is off for repair. I will try this as soon as I get my Imuffs back. Now I have to get the 4 gig sd card for my Treo 700 P when it is released
    will this all run in the background as youre using other programs? Does running other programs affect the performance of Ptunes and Audio Gateway as you run something on top of these?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  10. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    what would you use it with? it would sound like absolute ****. the headset profile just does not have the quality of a2dp
    I would use while sitting around, driving, where ever I may be so I would not have to lug around 2 headsets, and I would not have go out and purchase a new headset. I would think I am in the majority when it comes to not wanting to have to buy a new $100 headset. Plus it would make GOOD business sense to do so. I mean it would open their product to a wider range of people such as myself. If it (Audio Gateway) supported another profile I would buy it in in no time flat.

i have tried it using my mac mith my moto in headset mode. you cant hear system sounds in this mode either. it only seems to work with PTunes, TCPMP, etc. (someone chime in here if i am wrong)
    On my Billionton card in my PC I can hear everything that would be routed through the speakers.
  11. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    i would imagine its possible but i think you will find that the quality is terrible. i just dont see it being usable.
    I don't think quality would be an issue for the folks like myself who would like an additional profile added to Audio Gateway. Plus audio books would not need quality. Same goes for the talk radio shows I would like to listen to.
    I don't think quality would be an issue for the folks like myself who would like an additional profile added to Audio Gateway. Plus audio books would not need quality. Same goes for the talk radio shows I would like to listen to.
    Yeah, I listen to talk shows a lot and it's nice to be able to put on a bluetooth headset (in headset profile) and walk around the house while it streams from my PC. I would like to do the same with my Treo at work and still be able to take calls. I have about two places in my office and lab that my phone works and if I carry it with me to listen to audio I end up missing calls. So I leave it on my desk where I get a good signal and miss out on the audio.

For what it's worth - I ordered an S35 clip yesterday. Should arrive by Thursday.

Steve
    I agree. I listen to internet radio for sports broadcasts, etc. I would certainly get it if it would work with my Palm Treo headset.
    All this talk of A2DP is indeed intriguing. I've never owned a bluetooth headset before but after hearing this, I might just go get one. I've heard Sony Ericsson is coming out with a new one soon, HBH-DS970, it's got a wired remote control that will display track names as well as caller id. What do you think guys, worth waiting? Or is there one out there that is truly worth getting? I need suggestions....
    Treo 650 Cingular GSM 1.17 CNG
    The Sony headset certainly looks like a winner, but for this application (Softick's software solution) I don't believe it supports the AVRCP profile that would allow the remote control functions (and the track info?). Not sure if the Treo hardware even supports this function, but if it would, perhaps it could be a later upgrade to Softick's software.
    Last edited by eflightcentral; 02/28/2006 at 12:47 PM.

On my Billionton card in my PC I can hear everything that would be routed through the speakers.
    sorry, that was meant to be two different thoughts. on the mac i can hear everything but it sounds like ****. on the treo i can NOT hear system sounds through audiogateway.
    Quote Originally Posted by eflightcentral
    The Sony headset certainly looks like a winner, but for this application (Softick's software solution) I don't believe it supports the AVRCP profile that would allow the remote control functions (and the track info?). Not sure if the Treo hardware even supports this function, but if it would, perhaps it could be a later upgrade to Softick's software.
    if i had to guess i would say that this would not happen. this would require two concurrent profiles running which the treo doesnt seem to support. in addition, there are a lot of little imperfections softick will most likely need to work out before implementing it.

then again, a lot of us said a2dp would never be possible on the treo yet here i am listening to ptunes wirelessly while typing this on my computer.

GO SOFTICK!
    i am starting to find that ptunes continually has problems with pausing (completely) and dropping the audio stream (while still playing) anyone else experiencing this? It seems to be somewhat random. i have found i dont have this problem with TCPMP.
    Just tried it with my Sonorix headset. Works pretty well. Took me awhile to get it streaming properly. The audio was slightly out of synch in TCPMP but not a problem.
    The problem with Ptunes dropping out - does it happen when streaming with a bluetooth connection? If so could it be the bluetooth connecton to the network is being interfered with by the conection between the treo and the headset?

Just a thought.

Steve
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast