Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 399
  1. #101  
    Not sure if this was posted yet but i just saw on engadget mobile that Softick has released a driver to enable the A2DP function on the 650 which will "open the device to the beautiful world of stereo Bluetooth audio."

    Here is the link below: http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2006/0...2dp-to-palmos/
  2. pump142's Avatar
    Posts
    787 Posts
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    #102  
    yup

    ready, set , merge
  3. #103  
    <merged>
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  4. #104  
    <merged again>
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  5. #105  
    I took the Motorola HT820's back and switched them with the HP bluetooth headphones, because I hated the Princess Leia look they had and they weren't comfortable. The HP's fit better and looked better, but neither works with the Treo very well.

    I think I'm going to give up on bluetooth headphones for a little while. They both sound terrible and crackle too much. The Audio Gateway just slows the Treo too much and causes skips in the audio. When/if they get all the quirks worked out I'll try it again.
  6. #106  
    i will have to disagree. i love the feel of the motos. they fit great. as for the princess leia look. . . they really arent that obtrusive.
  7. #107  
    I just tried the ht820 motos. Horrible. Especially loud music, you can hear the crackle.
  8.    #108  
    Softick Audio Gateway 1.02 posted.

    * Incoming calls on Treo 650 are trasferred to bluetooth headset now
    * Volume level 0 now doesn't revert to the default volume level.
    * Crash on Tapwave Zodiac was fixed.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  9. #109  
    Quote Originally Posted by kessomatt
    I just tried the ht820 motos. Horrible. Especially loud music, you can hear the crackle.
    have you tried any other headsets? the crackle might be part of the bluetooth transport. it recompresses the audio so it isnt exactly perfect quality but still pretty darn good. i may look into a new headset but these were really cool and available now.
  10. #110  
    a few problems when listening to music via my bluetooth headset (motorola ht820)
    1. if i make a call via the treo the music stops and the call is made but the treo does not auto forward to the bluetooth headset (multifuntion button must be pressed).

    2. after the call is completed the call screen stays up instead of going back to the phone app while the bluetooth icon goes from the headphones to the inverted bluetooth symbol

    3. after completing the call no audio goes to headset until i reopen AudioGateway (it greats me with the error "no bluetooth connection present, try to reconnect") i enter the app and switch from "internal" to "external" which brings the connection back.

    4. things function as they should, until i attempt to disconnect the headphones. switching from "remote" to "internal" in the app causes the message "remote operation completed but failed" at which point the headset disconnects but the bluetooth icon stays inverted. the system can still reconnect and work but it the icon stays inverted and it gives the message until the device is reset. also, if bluetooth is turned off while in this state, it refuses to turn back on.

    5. audio also skips more than what is desirable. perhaps this is a DB cache issue or something. usually happens when switching apps, sending sms, etc.

    6. answering incoming calls with headset button also does not seem to work and all incoming calls are displayed as "no caller id"

    can anyone confirm these problems?

    edit: i am now noticing that there are similar but different problems depending on whether the headphones are paired as a headset or a carkit. will post soon as to these abnormalities
    Last edited by lovedatreo; 02/27/2006 at 08:00 PM.
  11. #111  
    I havent tried any other headsets. Its more noticable on rock/metal music.
  12. #112  
    Quote Originally Posted by lovedatreo
    a few problems when listening to music via my bluetooth headset (motorola ht820)
    1. if i make a call via the treo the music stops and the call is made but the treo does not auto forward to the bluetooth headset (multifuntion button must be pressed).

    2. after the call is completed the call screen stays up instead of going back to the phone app while the bluetooth icon goes from the headphones to the inverted bluetooth symbol

    3. after completing the call no audio goes to headset until i reopen AudioGateway (it greats me with the error "no bluetooth connection present, try to reconnect") i enter the app and switch from "internal" to "external" which brings the connection back.

    4. things function as they should, until i attempt to disconnect the headphones. switching from "remote" to "internal" in the app causes the message "remote operation completed but failed" at which point the headset disconnects but the bluetooth icon stays inverted. the system can still reconnect and work but it the icon stays inverted and it gives the message until the device is reset. also, if bluetooth is turned off while in this state, it refuses to turn back on.

    5. audio also skips more than what is desirable. perhaps this is a DB cache issue or something. usually happens when switching apps, sending sms, etc.

    6. answering incoming calls with headset button also does not seem to work and all incoming calls are displayed as "no caller id"

    can anyone confirm these problems?

    edit: i am now noticing that there are similar but different problems depending on whether the headphones are paired as a headset or a carkit. will post soon as to these abnormalities

    Yes I had a hell of a time getting it to work, I also had to reset it a few times to get it working again.
  13. #113  
    I think I will give it another month and let some more headsets become available, the only ones I really like where the sports one, but it had a horrible battery life.
  14. #114  
    above post relates to when used as carkit. this post describes use as headset:

    1. same as above

    2. after completing the call the treo returns to the phone app and icon switches from headphones to normal bt icon

    3. same as above but does not connect, gives error "unable to connect to the headset.an operation is already in progress". pausing ptunes before entering gives the same error (ptunes resumes after call ends). pausing AND resuming PTunes allows connection to be made (but PTunes must again be paused and played to get audio)

    4. this now works as it should (switching to internal completes without error and icon becomes normal) but bluetooth still refuses to turn back on if turned off after using audiogateway. i have now found that returning to audiogateway and trying to connect will revive bluetooth (clicking ok to "turn on bluetooth" message) but it will error out with "operation already in progress" message and no amount of pausing and unpausing will revive. also, until a soft reset is done headset will not connect during call even if multifunction button is pressed (icon inverts and immediately goes back to normal)

    5. still present

    6. answering with headset button now works (with a long delay) but caller id is still not displayed. none of the aforementioned problems with bluetooth not turning back on happen on incoming calls (only outgoing) although PTunes must be paused (but not played), connection must be reestablished and then ptunes can be resumed.

    again, can anyone confirm?
  15. #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by kessomatt
    I havent tried any other headsets. Its more noticable on rock/metal music.
    i notice this too. please let me know if you do try some others. i find it hard to believe that headphones of such good build are the problem.

    EDIT: i believe this is a transport problem as when they are direct connected to my mac mini they sound...orgasmic. although that doesnt mean that a better radio in the headset couldnt solve the problem.

    EDIT: ok, not quite orgasmic, but pretty decent, i notice hard bass is sometimes a little much for them
    Last edited by lovedatreo; 02/27/2006 at 09:15 PM.
  16.    #116  
    Quote Originally Posted by lovedatreo
    a few problems when listening to music via my bluetooth headset (motorola ht820)
    1. if i make a call via the treo the music stops and the call is made but the treo does not auto forward to the bluetooth headset (multifuntion button must be pressed).

    2. after the call is completed the call screen stays up instead of going back to the phone app while the bluetooth icon goes from the headphones to the inverted bluetooth symbol

    3. after completing the call no audio goes to headset until i reopen AudioGateway (it greats me with the error "no bluetooth connection present, try to reconnect") i enter the app and switch from "internal" to "external" which brings the connection back.

    4. things function as they should, until i attempt to disconnect the headphones. switching from "remote" to "internal" in the app causes the message "remote operation completed but failed" at which point the headset disconnects but the bluetooth icon stays inverted. the system can still reconnect and work but it the icon stays inverted and it gives the message until the device is reset. also, if bluetooth is turned off while in this state, it refuses to turn back on.

    5. audio also skips more than what is desirable. perhaps this is a DB cache issue or something. usually happens when switching apps, sending sms, etc.

    6. answering incoming calls with headset button also does not seem to work and all incoming calls are displayed as "no caller id"

    can anyone confirm these problems?

    edit: i am now noticing that there are similar but different problems depending on whether the headphones are paired as a headset or a carkit. will post soon as to these abnormalities
    Very close to my experience with Bluetake BT420 paired as handsfree headset. I have a heck of a time reconnecting with the BT420 after an incoming call, which is answerable only on the Treo, and seems to break the BT connection. Re-starting AG and switching to Remote etc causes a reset.
    Last edited by aprasad; 02/27/2006 at 09:06 PM. Reason: more info
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  17. #117  
    it seems to work best when paired as a headset rather than a carkit although it is still far from ideal. i emailed tech support with both findings. hopefully they will fix it soon. I wonder if i can get free registration for being a super beta tester :-) or maybe just a star sticker.
  18.    #118  
    My hope is that as they have a BT420EX, they'll eventually figure out the correct steps and document it.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  19. #119  
    Hot DOG!!!! my $100 IoGear headphones take a call while listening to music via Ptunes (w v1.02) I need to pickup on the treo but the audio gets routed.

    The audio does revert to the treo afterwards, but unpauses Ptunes. Just pause and unpuse with the side button and audio goes back to BT

    second call does reset the treo....
    .
    .
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
  20. #120  
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    Hot DOG!!!! my $100 IoGear headphones take a call while listening to music via Ptunes (w v1.02) I need to pickup on the treo but the audio gets routed.

    The audio does revert to the treo afterwards, but unpauses Ptunes. Just pause and unpuse with the side button and audio goes back to BT

    second call does reset the treo....
    yeah, in more or less different words what happened to me when i paired as a headset rather than carkit. and only on incoming calls. not outgoing.

Posting Permissions