Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Has anyone tried the new Softick Audio Gateway for sending stereo over Bluetooth? Softick Link
    I thought you had to have Bluetooth 1.2 for this to work.
    If it works with the iPaq Bluetooth Headphones, it would be an immediate buy for me. The Bluetake headphones look like they require a dongle (or do they?).
    I should give credit where it is due. I first saw this at PalmInfoCenter. It has also been reported at Palm 24/7.
    Well, these might be even better than the iPaq phones.
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by clevewaterman
    Has anyone tried the new Softick Audio Gateway for sending stereo over Bluetooth? Softick Link
    I thought you had to have Bluetooth 1.2 for this to work.
    If it works with the iPaq Bluetooth Headphones, it would be an immediate buy for me. The Bluetake headphones look like they require a dongle (or do they?).
    Look at this thread

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=108084

You no longer need a dongle for the Bluetake BT420EX with Softick's software running on the Tre. We are having some issues with using the BT420 for voice calls when it is in use for A2DP music.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Works with my $100 iogear stereo headset... but not the phone part...
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    I received an email back from Softick, and they are getting lots of emails regarding the phone problem. Here is the reply I received back:

"Thank you for this feedback.
    We are working with incoming calls issues, and trying to find solution. Currently I suppose that Palm OS Bluetooth Stack can't handle multiple Bluetooth clients at a time in some cases. But I hope on the best. Moreover, we have many requests about this issue, so this task has high priority in our plans."

I can't wait till they have it fixed. I will definitely be buying this program.
    1.01 is now availible....
    yeah, just read it. I really think I will get this
  9. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    I wish they would make it work with standard headsets, like a mono setting or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    Did you not read about the software? Your bluespoon wouldn't work anyway.

Nice social skills there guy

Thanks to those who actually provided useful information though.
    Quote Originally Posted by eflightcentral
    Nice social skills there guy

Thanks to those who actually provided useful information though.
    Like yourself? lol
    Was Softick involved in the whole "bounty" thread? If so, then we all need to pay up! (once it gets fully working)

If this all works the way it should and they get the bugs out, I seriously will not need a new phone for years!

This combined with the fat32 support?!?!?! fegggeeddaboutit

(I have no need for EVDO)
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    I'm sure Softick will be making plenty of money once they get the bugs worked out. I know they'll be getting $20 from me.
    Thanks for pointing me to the main source of info.
    I think this is a really big deal for Treo. I wish they could cross post something this important to all relevant Treo forums.
    I'm guessing this doesn't add the "voice dialing via bluetooth headset" feature to our Treos?
    it works!!! and it does not require a dongle to work...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23
    Was Softick involved in the whole "bounty" thread? If so, then we all need to pay up! (once it gets fully working)

If this all works the way it should and they get the bugs out, I seriously will not need a new phone for years!

This combined with the fat32 support?!?!?! fegggeeddaboutit

(I have no need for EVDO)

Amen!!! I would rather dump the money in accessories and software. My $80 IoGear headphones work pretty well but not with the phone. I think the Ipaq headphones are the way to go since they are supported. Amazon has them for $85
    Crap, Windows mobile has announced a2dp for this year, but nothing so far. This is a long shot because i dont know what kind of bluetooth hardware is in the 650 versus the 700, but I wonder if this could work with some kind of Palm emulator like styletap? http://www.styletap.com/.
    What if you took the call w/ another headset, not the stereo headphone/headset combo? Is that possible? In other words, use the combo to listen to music and a separate straight headset to use for calling?
    Quote Originally Posted by aol247
    What if you took the call w/ another headset, not the stereo headphone/headset combo? Is that possible? In other words, use the combo to listen to music and a separate straight headset to use for calling?
    I think it will work... But there are other stereo headset that allow for multiple headset pairing. I think Softick Audio Gateway supports it on the correct headsets.

Softick already came out with a newer version after one day... Pretty awesome.
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast