Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920 LastLast
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Thanks for the update! Argh, this is almost worse than waiting for the 700P itself!
    Twitter: @dvdmon

Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    open open open open.....
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    I wonder if the quality will be any better on the 700p since is has BT 1.2?
    Hi Just wondering if you know if this works with the lexus h4oo bluetooth setup ? Thanks, Susan
    For those having difficulty getting SAG to handle calls properly with their headset, I've made significant progress in getting SAG to work consistently with my stereo headset (Sony Ericsson HBH-DS970). Could those of you have call-handling trouble try out the procedure I've posted in another thread and share your findings? Many thanks.

Conrad
    Although I haven't tried it with handling calls, a prior version 1.03 of SAG works well with my 700p and HP Blluetooth Stereo headphones.

http://www.softick.com/download.php#

I had registered version 1.06 for my 650 and that registration code works for the earlier version also.
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    Question: If I use the ipaq headphones, can I take calls and use the built-in microphone on my sprint T650? I would settle for that rather than wait for good bluetooth hybrid heaphones. Plantronics are from 50's sci-fi film and way ugly.
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Roi Batty

palm IIIe(clear plastic)/m130/Tungsten E/Sprint Treo 650/Treo 755p
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Anybody have an update on a mono (single-ear) BT headset with A2DP? I read earlier in this thread that one doesn't exist, but I'm desperate, LOL... it would suck to have to carry full-sized headphones, and for phone purposes I'd rather look like a Borg than a 1970s jogger wearing headphones all day.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Another idea: maybe I'll just buy a stereo headset from SAG's list, and hack it into a mono earpiece. Famous last words: "How difficult could it possibly be?" LOL ... I'm thinking about using my Dremel tool and industrial design skills in creative ways. If it doesn't work than I will have wasted some precious money, but I think it could work. The first step would be deconstructing the stereo headphones to determine just how much "guts" there are vs. merely packaging. Then I'd have to figure out a way to attach those guts to a mono earpiece. Or, if I can find a stereo headset with a microphone boom, then that could be a solution as well. Perhaps if the boom is slim enough, it could attach to the temple of my glasses. Hmmm.... something to think about!
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    I suppose we can't convince a manufacturer to come out with a mono headset that implements a2dp, huh? I know Softick was looking into this, but considering for a month now they have been just trying to get a version that works with the 700P and haven't come out with it yet (and no word on when it may come out), the chances of seeing something for mono headsets any time soon is probably remote at best. I agree, though, that this would be much preferrable to lugging around the full stereo headsets, and would mean that one could listen to stuff fairly descreetly. But unfortunately I think it's probably seen by those who make these devices to be a very niche market...
    Twitter: @dvdmon

The nxzen 5500 is a mono headset that supports A2DP.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    That's great news, 2000 Man! I found a review at http://tinyurl.com/kyxxk but it doesn't say anything about music playing... however I definitely plan to check it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conrad
    I've made significant progress in getting SAG to work consistently with my stereo headset (Sony Ericsson HBH-DS970).
    Conrad,

How well is SAG working with your SE 970's? I would like to get these (or the Nokia HS-12W), and I'd be grateful for any details on how well it's working for music and call handling. Do you use pTunes or other player? Do you have the 650? Thanks.
    conrad, where did you get the headset from? i want one but cant find it anywhere.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    There are several posts in the Accessories section about the Sony Ericsson HBH-DS970 and how well it performs with the Softick Audio Gateway. Where Conrad bought his HBH-DS970 is I think was not specified. I received my HBH-DS970 on June 22nd from here. Lou from OEM Cellphone said he expects them again on 7/14/06, as well as the Sony Ericsson store.

www.oemcellphone.com

I am overall very pleased with it. I am using it with a Sprint Treo 650 with a stock ROM 1.13A and SAG 1.06. I stream music using Pocket Tunes Deluxe and the sound is fantastic. The headset is in my opinion the best bluetooth option I have seen yet.

While not perfect in regards to sometimes buggy call handling issues when using the headset's call / hangup button, everything else works as it should. The music playback controls operate flawlessly. Caller ID of the incoming number is displayed on the LED of the Sony control unit whether streaming music or not, and when receiving the incoming call, the music pauses and the headset will sound its distinctive ringer through the earbuds. By the way, I used to hate earbuds but will have to say that the ones out of the box are very comfortable and stay in the ear. There are 3 sizes included total...small, medium, and large size I guess you could say.The volume is in my opinion at the level of just loud enough. Though not the loudest headphones, the sound does stay in the ear and the quality is fantastic with excellent bass reproduction, clear midrange, and decent highs.

I have a 2 tickets on file with Softick and they state that improvements with the call handling are on the way for the HBH-DS970 and hopefully this headset will be officially supported. Overall as I said, I am very pleased with it.

----------------------------------------
    Merlin S620 EVDO
    Treo 650 Sprint 1.13A
    Sony Ericsson HBH-DS970 with SAG 1.06 !
    Last edited by ehosey2; 06/30/2006 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Clicked wrong button.
    Quote Originally Posted by ehosey2
    While not perfect in regards to sometimes buggy call handling issues when using the headset's call / hangup button, everything else works as it should.
    Thanks, e. That certain calms my concerns, and I'll pick this up in a couple weeks when in stock (mobileplanet will also have it). Can you elaborate on the call handling? Is the only problem that it won't hang up properly when using the Sony hang up button? Is the problem solved by hanging up on the Treo?
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    When using my HBH-DS970 to handle incoming calls to my Treo 650, there are some issues which occur depending on which mode SAG 1.06 is in. Using the internal mode, the headset acts just like any other BT headset, but you can't stream music. This is actually normal operation. You can answer the incoming call by pressing the call button and end the call by pressing it again. Sound output comes from both earbuds. When using the remote mode in SAG, the music does stream like it's supposed to but call handling using the headset button tends to freeze my 650 but doesn't disconnect the call. The screen freezes and makes the rest of the Treo functions inoperable. You can't hang up using the call button or the red button on the 650, so I have to reset my 650. If in remote mode, you can answer and end the incoming call on my 650 using the green and red phone buttons with no problem and sometimes sucessfully end the call using the headset call button, but most of the time the call button when in remote mode causes my 650 to freeze. So, I either have to remember to not use the call button on the headset to end the call or I will actually let the person who called me terminate the call on their end which then makes my 650 recognize the call has ended and then if I was streaming music when the call came in, go back to playing where the music was paused. Hope this helps.

---------------------------------------
    Merlin S620 EVDO
    Treo 650 Sprint 1.13A
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Also, I forgot to mention that when SAG is in remote mode, if I try to place an outgoing call using my 650, it tends to freeze the screen. The call will connect and I can hold a conversation, but when completed I have to soft reset my 650. I think that the benefits of using this headset though outweigh this negative point as if I just remember to put SAG into internal mode if I want to place an outgoing call, then everything works great with no issues. And when I want to stream Pocket Tunes, I'll just activate the remote mode in SAG. I can still answer and end the incoming calls using the 650's phone buttons with no problems. Hope this clarifies it a bit more.

If you are following all this Conrad, please provide us with a bit more of your experiences about this. Thanks.

--------------------------------------
    Merlin S620 EVDO
    Treo 650 Sprint 1.13A
    Quote Originally Posted by ehosey2
    Hope this helps.
    It does. Thanks. The Softick folks seem to be on the ball, so I suspect the call handling issues will be addressed at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Keep getting resets during setup. GRRRRRRR
    I had the same issue last night. My work-around was to turn bluetooth off before starting SUG ( version 1.6 ), cancel any of its attempts to start bluetooth during setup, and then start the setup from the main menu, this time letting it turn bluetooth on/etc.

Hope that helps.