Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    OK I read the thread.
    As far as I can tell it works but with problems. The big problem is that if you want to listen to music and use the Treo at the same time the music takes a back seat to other software from time to time. Most of you that have made this comment in one form or another still think that it's a good product and worth the $20. I don't have any other use for BT headphones beyond using them with my Treo. So the cost is more than $20.
    I must admit that I didn't read every post in this conversation. I read the first five or six pages then started to fade. I read the ones that the first word or too indicated new info from that point on. And finished by reading the last two pages completely. You know, collage test cram style.
    But I have a question that I do not recall being answered. If it was and I am repeating it, then those of you that can't stand the idea that any should walk into a party and not rewind the security tape and listen to every conversation before joining in... well @%$#^@.
    Is there a BT stereo headphone that has an unobtrusive mike that works with this thing? The idea of a boom mike that comes down right in front of my mouth is old school. I noticed that it could transfer sound to the cell phone software but had trouble when the phone was hung up. Is that still an issue? When it does this I assume that it is using the mike built into the Treo and that means you have to get the thing out and hold the phone in front of your mouth, right? Almost silly isnít it? I like to listen to music while snowboarding and biking (motorcycle and touring bicycle). While snowboarding my Treo is secure in an Otter box. In the time it would take to get it out, the phone would have taken a message. I would never consider trying to answer my phone while on a bike. So it means stopping. While on the freeway that means the next exit. But stereo BT with a mike could change all that and tip the scale from luxury to necessity.
    Dafydd

my mic is built into the right headphone, no boom (moto ht820)
    Thanks R1
    How do you reccomend it...
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Softic now has their own forum. Their first post is a review of the Plantronics BT headset...
    http://www.softick-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=3

Caleb
    Quote Originally Posted by Dafydd
    Thanks R1
    How do you reccomend it...
    yup... I posted my thoughts on page 12 of this thread
  6.    #266  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dafydd
    Is there a BT stereo headphone that has an unobtrusive mike that works with this thing?
    The idea of a boom mike that comes down right in front of my mouth is old school. I noticed that it could transfer sound to the cell phone software but had trouble when the phone was hung up. Is that still an issue?
    When it does this I assume that it is using the mike built into the Treo and that means you have to get the thing out and hold the phone in front of your mouth, right? Almost silly isnít it?
    Bluetake 450RX mike is pretty unobstrusive (at the end of one of the ear-frame). I don't have it, a couple of folks have purchased it and are going to post about it here or in a separate thread.

The reliability of call handling after termination of phone calls is still not 100% perfect. My guess is that it will depend on the software being used for playback (pTunes, TCPMP, RealPlayer) and the headset involved. E-mails from Softick indicate that they are continuing to work on this issue and will offer updates to improve this.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    I have tested some on the BT450. I love the sound quality of them. It is the best of any headset I have tried. Also very loud, which unfortunatly no other headset I have tried has been able to do. Great for music. Now to the bad news. The sound cutout. I don't know if it is the over burdoning of the CPU or the crappy bluetooth implementation, but if I put the phone on one side of my body and the recieving ear of the headset on the other reception becomes spotty. I treid to use them snowboarding this weekend but the cutout was so bad I took them off. I am going to test some more with putting ptunes in the background to see if that helps as mentioned above. There is also an overclocking utility out there somewhare. I am going to give that a try to see if that helps.

One very bad result from testing is that one reset actually killed all my preferances. When I say all, I mean more then just the phone settings. I had to re-enter all my software registry keys and go throuh all phone preferances and put them back the way I had them. I don't know if this is a fluke thing but keep an eye out for it. If it happens again I will report.

Finally, I have not really tested the phone answering functionality as that is secondary to me. I just really wanted stereo headphones.

By the way, the BT450 come with windows software for the A2DP spec. I am going to get a bluetooth transmitter for my computer and try this with games and music. It is able to control WMP via the controls on it.
  8.    #268  
    The sound dropouts occur with the older BT420EX as well if the phone is placed on the left side of the body (the bt antenna is in the right earpiece).
    The sound gets bad if I'm in the kitchen and the microwave oven is on!
    Do you remember what you were doing to cause the reset?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    SAG - Does not work with pTunes and subscription music?

I just loaded some music from my Yahoo Music Unlimited account and was listening today with a wired headset. I then started SAG and when I try to play licensed content I get the following error message:

"Unable to initialize the licensing subsystem. You may have an incompatable application installed on your device."

Crud! I assume the re-routnf of the sound through SAG is causing problems?

Any insight would be helpful.

Steve
  10.    #270  
    E-mail Softick. I don't use subscription music.
    You may be SOL, as DRM imposes all kinds of restrictions.. but maybe Softick can work around those ..
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    I burn and rip all of my Yahoo music to ogg vorbis and it works great with SAG - HT820.
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxtreo
    I burn and rip all of my Yahoo music to ogg vorbis and it works great with SAG - HT820.
    But that is purchased music - the licensing is different than with subscription music.
    Quote Originally Posted by eflightcentral
    But that is purchased music - the licensing is different than with subscription music.
    Does Yahoo even have purchased music? It's subscription only.

When I had my account with audible, I also rip all the download to non-DPM mp3.
    Yahoo has purchased music. $.79 per song typically if you are on a subscription. With the purchase you can then burn the song to CD, otherwise it's DRM hell.....

Steve
    I believe I was skiping to the next track in Ptunes when it reset and trashed my prefs. No actual data was lost, just prefs. Very annoying.
    I just bought the I-tech R35, and it is noticeably better than the S35. I suggest others who are interested in earbud type look into it. I think it sounds better, and certainly has less (very minimal, but not free) stuttering. And if and when the remote profile is implemented, it can also serve as a remote.
    Quote Originally Posted by SloMo
    I got my BT540RX-L yesterday. It was easy to pair (after I figured out the security code #0000) and they seem to work very well.
    ..snip

Mo
    How do they sound? The audio quality pretty good?

BTW, for those who were asking about the EX vs RX. Get the RX, it uses a newer chipset and also supports AVRCP which softick is trying to add to SAG. The EX doesn't support AVRCP.
    Yatbond - Does the R35 work successfully as a headset for calls as well when running SAG? I'm considering the R35, and that's very important to me. Also, if you don't mind answering another question about the R35, can you hear your own voice in the earphones while you talk if it works as a headset? I use sound isolating headphones, and without the headset playing my voice back through the headphones, it is difficult for me to appropriately modulate my volume.
    Right now, I only paired the R35 with SAG, and when a call comes in it will stop the music, but I will have to answer the call using the phone. Once I finsih the call, music will come back from the headset.

Even if the phone call gets streamed to the headset, you will not be able to hear your own voice. That is for certain.
    That's a shame. I will wait for the Sony HBH-DS970 then. All of Sony's headsets that I've tried support this feature (I believe it's called sidetone in the phone industry). I'll hope the DS970 will too.
    Last edited by Conrad; 03/07/2006 at 11:50 AM.