Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    OK, before anyone shoots me down, I'm going to admit I have a problem quoting others. It's something I thought I could control, but I'm past the denial stage now. I'm going to get some professional help, really.

Besides, I didn't inhale, so that makes it OK, right?
  2.    #242  
    Quote Originally Posted by thudson
    Aprasad,

If I'm not mistaken, YAHM is a hack manager that is Treo (OS5) compatible. That's the only place I've ever heard of it before.
    True. But installing and using YAHM involves installing a prc file. I don't have that file and neither does SAG come with one..
    http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-...r_Hack_Manager
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  3.    #243  
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142
    Im looking for just music not the phone part.. Will EX be ok?
    I use BT420EX and it is pretty good for music. It pairs with it's dongle for non BT applictions.

It is doing well with SAG for music as well. There are some issues with switching back automatically to music after a call.. but I'm sure Softick will fix that.

I think I have found a way to pair the BT420EX with the Treo so that it will work correctly for pure voice calls as well. I'll post that separately once I verify that my technique works for sure.

Caveat: Different Treo's (Cingular, Sprint, GSM) have slightly different BT libraries in their ROM. Other Treos may behave differently. Newer ROM's usually have better BT handling.

One aspect of BT420EX is that it comes with a dongle. So, unless it is now heavily discounted, it is more expensive that sets (like the Motorola or the RX) that don't include the dongle. I have the dongle, but now that SAG is out, I have no deed for it!!
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
  4.    #244  
    One interesting side effect of SAG and pTunes:

With pTunes 3.1.3, the screen wouldn't update in the background while the Treo was off. This was by design to save on some power. To get the latest song information, one had to fully unlock the Treo (power button and the center button).

While using SAG, there must be something different going on in the background because now if I wake up the Treo using the power button, the screen refreshes for a microsecond (it is still otherwise static .. no change in song timer etc). That momentary screen update is sufficient to update the screen with the latest song information. I don't have to press the center button and then put the Treo back to sleep. (YaY!!)
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Off topic a bit, but if I have a bluetooth 1.2 dongle on my PC, can I add A2DP drivers? If so are there any generic drivers available?

Thanks again guys!

Steve
  6.    #246  
    I notice that the sound glitches (which are very few and only for a fre seconds when I'm doing something CPU intensive) are reduced when pTunes is playing in the Background or when the Treo is pwered off.

My guess is that when pTunes is not active in the foreground, it yields more CPU cycles to other applications .. like SAG.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
  7.    #247  
    Quote Originally Posted by eflightcentral
    Off topic a bit, but if I have a bluetooth 1.2 dongle on my PC, can I add A2DP drivers? If so are there any generic drivers available?

Thanks again guys!

Steve
    Check with the dongle maker. I don't use one but I'd think that the dongle maker should supply such drivers for the PC?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    I got my BT540RX-L yesterday. It was easy to pair (after I figured out the security code #0000) and they seem to work very well. The only problem I'm having is after hanging up on a call it will not resume P-Tunes. I have SAG 1.03 with P tunes 3.1.3. on a Verizon 1.04 T650. I can hear it ring, answer and hang up the call from the headset no problem. After it hangs up, I have to shut down the T650 for a few and then turn it back on. I then go into SAG push the "stream to remote" button and then Im back in business. As for the skipping, it was skipping until I changed BrightCam from adjust every 16 secs. to adjust only on app switiching. I also tried it with Real Player and TCMP and it works fine except for resuming after a call.

If anyone has a solution for the resume problem Im experiencing I would be most appreciative.

Mo
    Quote Originally Posted by SloMo
    I got my BT540RX-L yesterday. It was easy to pair (after I figured out the security code #0000) and they seem to work very well. The only problem I'm having is after hanging up on a call it will not resume P-Tunes. I have SAG 1.03 with P tunes 3.1.3. on a Verizon 1.04 T650. I can hear it ring, answer and hang up the call from the headset no problem. After it hangs up, I have to shut down the T650 for a few and then turn it back on. I then go into SAG push the "stream to remote" button and then Im back in business. As for the skipping, it was skipping until I changed BrightCam from adjust every 16 secs. to adjust only on app switiching. I also tried it with Real Player and TCMP and it works fine except for resuming after a call.

If anyone has a solution for the resume problem Im experiencing I would be most appreciative.

Mo
    Start the headset, start pTunes. Then switch to the phone application. Now make a call to your treo. It should pause pTunes like before and then when the call ends, pTunes should resume within about 10-15 seconds. I could never get pTunes to resume after a call automatically unless I was running pTunes in the background.

Let us know how this test works for you.

Steve
  10.    #250  
    Please e-mail Softick with your problem description.
    Lots of us are seeing the same thing. They may fix this sooner if we report this bug/behavior.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    hey anyone can help me find the Bt420RX-L i cant find them anywhere i google only get 2 results and none of them have it
    Quote Originally Posted by treo-inphatuati
    hey anyone can help me find the Bt420RX-L i cant find them anywhere i google only get 2 results and none of them have it
    still no answer?
  13.    #253  
    See the other thread.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Eflightcentral, thanks for the reply.

I am still wondering what is the meaning for the "test" function under SAG. Anyone knows? I assume the higher the no. the better the headsets. What are others' results?

I am also unable to reconnect after answer a phone call and will submit it to SAG support.

I suggest all those who committed on the A2DP bounty shall start buying copies.
  15.    #255  
    I get a reset (Fatal Exception in AudioGateway-SwSs) sometimes when manually switching to Remote after an incoming call is completed.

I have also seen the situation when, while streaming to the headset, an incoming call wakes up the Treo but leaves the keyguard engaged. Pressing the center button unlocks the Treo which then switched to the Phone and displays the Answer - Ignore screen. It's as if the combined load of pTunes and SAG has prevented the Phone application from loading and doing it's thing.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    I've got WIDCOMM version 5 drivers running on my desktop and would like to use the PCs stereo speaker to play my Treo's MP3 goodness with Ptunes.

The SAG software will not connect to the "MY headset" profile in WIDCOMM on the PC.

The error states "unable to connect to the headset. The remote devices security architecture denied the connection"

Any thoughts? WIDCOMM 5 supports AD2P AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    I get a reset (Fatal Exception in AudioGateway-SwSs) sometimes when manually switching to Remote after an incoming call is completed.

I have also seen the situation when, while streaming to the headset, an incoming call wakes up the Treo but leaves the keyguard engaged. Pressing the center button unlocks the Treo which then switched to the Phone and displays the Answer - Ignore screen. It's as if the combined load of pTunes and SAG has prevented the Phone application from loading and doing it's thing.
    Exactly what I was seeing (see yesterday's test posts). I've disabled my keyguard to avoid the problems. Doing this and keeping pTunes in background when listening makes everything work as it should.

Steve
  18.    #258  
    I hope folks from Softick are reading this thread. I don't want to inundate them with e-mails. This thread provides them with good feedback from lots of folks.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    Is anyone using this with a Verizon phone, and if so, how is it working?
    I started thinking about the cost of a pair of BT stereo headphones and I realized, its just $20-30 more than a really good BT headset.

problem is weve all grown up thinking that MOST (non esoteric) headphones cost between $15-40. So doing the simple math, its just a BT headset with an average pair of headphones in with the cost.

(least thats what Ive told myself to get myself to buy a pair)
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.