Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
    i think it occasssionally is causing some issues with the bluetooth stack not cleaning up properly. but hopefully 1.03 will address this issue.

of course, bluetooth stability hasnt always been a shiny star for the treo
  2.    #182  
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Interesting observation: The readme file says that this product uses YAHM libraries. My Treo does not have YAHM (to my knowledge). The SAG install is just a prc file.

Where is YAHM on my system?

Also, to the best of our knowledge, if SAG is set to Internal, is is completely "out of the way", disabled, like it was never installed on my system?

The reason I ask is that with SAG set to Internal and BT off, I had a reset (#*377 blaming "Bluetooth") on in incoming call. Happened just once.
    Any idea about YAHM?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    do you guys have your phones on when youre having these problems with PTunes?

If you turn your phones off, does that help in the pause issue? In the dropping of the BT signal?

I wont be using my phone much if at all, so Im curious if these issues are ones that I need to worry about.

Its my bday this weekend and Im hoping for some cash so I can make a purchase for new stereo headphones.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    I've been using my S35 clip with Ptunes and SAG version 1.00.299 for a short while this morning (about 45 minutes) and have had no problems with pausing of pTunes.

I did do a test call to my phone and sure enough, the headset would not pickup the call. But like you, calls are secondary to my pTunes.

Steve
    This is great. I have been drooling to get music via Bluetooth. The minute I saw this thread I bought the software and ordered the Bluetake BT450ex. These are behind the ear headphone/headset. I will let you know my experiences with them when I get them. Tomorrow maybe. Can't wait.

http://www.bluetake.com/products/BT450Rx.htm

Will the SAG ever accept AVRCP so we can control the Ptunes or TCPMP with it?
  6.    #186  
    It's planned.

Who wants to buy my BT420EX? :-(
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    OK -just tried the setup on my Zire 72 with pTunes 3.1.1 and SAG 1.01 and it pauses a lot. It seems that the Zire gets 'overwhelmed' and locks up. It's not that the audio is dropping out, it's that the thing mementarily locks up.

FWIW - I am using pTunes version 3.1.3 on my Treo with SAG 1.00.299 and it seems to work without a hiccup. I'll upgrade the Zire to this version of Ptunes and see if they play nice with each other.....

Steve
    The technical stuff is way beyond me, but if any of you are trying the software / BT headsets with Real Player, I'd love to know if it's working, stable and how it compares to ptunes?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    It's planned.

Who wants to buy my BT420EX? :-(

do you seriously want to sell them?

if so, why?

are they the white ones with the flip down mic?

PM me if you want to sell em.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by TO650
    The technical stuff is way beyond me, but if any of you are trying the software / BT headsets with Real Player, I'd love to know if it's working, stable and how it compares to ptunes?

Thanks.
    Ok - I'll run Real Player for about 30 minutes and report back on how it works. So far it's working so-so (about 5-10 minutes). I get some clicks every now and then but it may be the podcast I am listening to. I'm running in high quality mode by the way.

Steve

EDIT - I ran this for about 30 minutes total time with no problems on Real Player.
    Last edited by eflightcentral; 03/02/2006 at 02:56 PM.
    Thanks eflight.... How did it compare to ptunes? Any difference? My thinking is Real is a more basic player so maybe it runs more smoothly.
    Well on my treo there is no difference - works great. On my Zire 72 however, I get the lockup on pocket tunes. Remember that the treo and zire are not operating with the same versions of pTunes and SAG.
  13.    #193  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Hmmm... I thought A2DP is required for voice dialing via bluetooth headset. So this audio gateway is just an application that has A2DP stack built into it just for it?
    http://www.voicesignal.com/support/t...ndex.php3#ap26

"Q. Are you planning to support Bluetooth with Voice Dial on the Treo650?

A. Yes, Palm is working to enable launching the Voice Dial application directly from a Bluetooth headset, but you will need to check with Palm to confirm when this capability will be available. "

They don't mention A2DP as a requirement. Apparently, if/when Palm updates it's BT libraries, you'll be able to do this with any BT headset ...
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    For some reason adjusting the balance on pTunes or TCPMP does not have any affect on my S35 headset. Not that it's a big deal or anything, but is this a function of my headset or the software?

Steve
    My $.02

A few months ago I bought a pair of HT820 against the day that somone cracked the A2DP problem. So as soon as I heard about this program I downloaded it.....

(1) I could hear barely anything on the HT820s. When I e-mailed softick they got back to me within a couple of hours and explained that the HT820 has an insufficient buffer to handle the inevitable surges/drops in data transmission from a multi-purpose source like the Treo. They suggested the Plantronics 590.

So off to the 'net I went.... Found them for $108 at the Nerds. And they got to me within 24 hrs using regular shipping(!) [it helps that they came from Harrisburg, PA and I'm in DC].

(2) Good sound quality on the Plantronics. But PTunes freezes within the first 2 minutes no matter what (often w/in 20 seconds). Also, can't pick up phone calls when PTunes is running. But fine music quality and phone pick up when I use RealPlayer.

My only remaining problem is that RealPlayer crashes whenever I try to access my play lists. Any thoughts on that one crowd? (Also, would rather have backphones so I can where a hat, look less dorky, etc than with the Plantronics, but I can live w/that one....)
    I upgraded to 1.02 on my treo and now have the lockup problem. Back to 1.00.299 I go until they get a more stable version out. I can't pickup calls this way, but at least I could listen to my podcasts.

I've also noticed with 1.02 that after connecting to the headset, bluetooth get's locked up and I can't make or receive calls in headset profile until I soft reset.

There are enough problems with this software that it should probably be called a Beta. But I'm happy that we've come this far so I'm trying to hold my complaints.

Steve
  17.    #197  
    Wait for update from Softick. They are aware of the issues and working to fix them.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    1.03 is out now
    YEE-HAW! 1.03 on my treo, no skipping, received a call (from myself), it paused pTunes, and patched the call through to the headset. When I hung up, I simply went to SAG, selected "Remote" and it connected and let me restart pTunes. I am thrilled with this version so far but have yet to use it more than a few minutes.

Only wish now is that it remain this stable and that it automatically revert to 'Remote' and restart pTunes, but I might be asking for a bit much.

Steve
  20.    #200  
    Damn. I was checking every 2 minutes!! missed it on the drive home...

Here is what I asked Softick by e-mail. Any input from the folks here on these issues/questions?
    ====
    I have uninstalled SAG for the moment while I wait for your newer release.

I have successfully paired BT420EX with my Treo 650 in the handsfree mode for voice calls. All incoming and outgoing calls are getting routed to the Bt420EX perfectly.

I have 2 questions:

1. When I install SAG, it makes me go through the discovery/pairing process all over again. Is that necessary? What if I already have the BT420EX in my trusted device list? The reason I ask is that I don't want to mess up my current pairing when I install your upcoming release of SAG

2. How do I completely disable SAG? If the setting is set to Internal, is all aspects of SAG disabled, like it was never installed? Again, I would like to continue the current behavior of the BT420EX for voice call handling. And it would be helpful if SAG could be totally disabled (for troubleshooting) without uninstalling it.
    ====
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast