1.    #1  
    I downloaded Zanegames EDGE for my son to play with. Nice little Diablo like Treo game which won best handheld game of 2005. He;s just getting into it so I haven';t noticed much about it other than this.

Ita apperas that it installs most of itself to the card and even the tag that's left can be sent over via PowerRun. However it leaves a nice fat 3 MB cache file which prettty much gave me a stutter when I saw Memory drop to 10 MB free. As it turned out somehow dataviz stuff moved back, I reinstalled Voice Signal and that hadn't been moved to card yet but I wuz still at 15 MB and went looking w/ FileZ and that was right at the top of the list.

Deleting it gets me back to 18 MB free but who the heck wants to yank out FileZ and delete this file every time Junior plays with the game.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    There is an option to delete cache at exit in the preferences section of the game itself.

I keep all of Edge on my SD card and it takes up about 7KB (with ZLauncher).
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
  3.    #3  
    Cool, now if I could only get it to delete the dynamic heap memory chunk so I wouldn't ahve to reset before using any other large app.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    LOL, sorry, can't help you there!
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Cool, now if I could only get it to delete the dynamic heap memory chunk so I wouldn't ahve to reset before using any other large app.

You can do that with the Memoryinfo utiltity posted in this thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ght=memoryinfo

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  6.    #6  
    I have meminfo on my device. Still looking for UserGuide tho as I ahve seen posts here where db cache flushes screw upo things w/ zlauncher and by association I assume PowerRun.

Just tried both dbcache flushes to no avail. Before and after Dynamic heap still leaves largest free chunk of about 2560. Only a soft reset puts it back at 4763.

Do you have any explanation for the command options on this program ?

For example what does "Compact Storage / Dynamic Heap" do ?

And not sure what flush dbcache memory vs Hotsync means
    I believe the compact dynamic heap command basically defragments the dynamic heap. Also, even though I posted losing my zlauncher prefs in that thread, I must admit I have not had any further issues with memoryinfo in that regard. I think what most likey occurred was that my psylaunch db was already corrupted somehow and that what caused all my prefs to crash...but who knows...

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    My understanding of Dynamic Heap: The only way to free up some is a soft reset. MemoryInfo lets you compact it, but on my Treo, it doesn't make much of a difference to the "largest free" size of dynamic heap.

How does one increase the total DH? Other than custom ROM's?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  9.    #9  
    The UDMH Hack over at Palm PowerUps ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hicks
    There is an option to delete cache at exit in the preferences section of the game itself.

I keep all of Edge on my SD card and it takes up about 7KB (with ZLauncher).

Hicks, do you move the Edge.prc to card via zlauncher and keep the data and sound files in the /palm/programs/edge dir or do you move all the files via zlauncher to the card?

11.    #11  
    Gfunk:

IIRC, I moved told EDGE to install tot he card and then I moved the rest w/ PowerRUN.

Off the subject but were you ever able to stop the dead from rising in the cemetary near Kale.....I met the dude went looking for the wizard....found one south of kale but he was nice wizard not bad guy....when I go back dude isn't there any more but dead still rising.

Right now am in northern barbarian lands.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Edge_data.prc, Edge_maps.prc + sound file is in PALM/ PROGRAMS/ EDGE FOLDER and the Edge.prc + saved games are in the PALM/ PROGRAMS/ ZLAUNCHER/ APPS/ EDGE FOLDER on my Treo. I forget now how I put them all there!

Ah...thanks...