Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Lately, my T650 will reset at least once a day, and when this happens, almost all the Registration Codes/Keys in most of my programs are deleted of which I have to manually re-enter the codes again and this has been a pain in the ****. Again, there is an Error message that comes up like, "Phone number not in Sim". Can somebody please explain to me what is going on here. Thanks for your help guys. Alfred
    You likely have an application that is corrupting the "saved preferances.prc" file. This is where most, but not all, applications write the registration information to. Do you use a back up program, such as Resco Backup, Backup Man, etc...? If not, you should. Having a back up program will allow you to restore this file from a last known good back up. You could also hotsync this file back into your Treo, if you have a known good backup on your PC.

Of course the bigger issue is identifing the application that is causing the problem.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I sure dont have any backup program in my PC either. Do you think that is causing the problem? Please what will be a good backup program for either the PC or the T650?
    Thanks Gordonn for all your assistance.
    Quote Originally Posted by alfred44
    I sure dont have any backup program in my PC either. Do you think that is causing the problem? Please what will be a good backup program for either the PC or the T650?
    Thanks Gordonn for all your assistance.
    The problem your having is on your Treo, not the PC. You have some application on your Treo that is corrupting the saved preferances file, thus wiping out the registration codes. I and many others in this forum are partial to Resco Backup. This app runs on your Treo and will create the needed backup sets.

You still need to find out what app is causing the problem. How often does this issue occur? How many 3rd party apps do you have on your Treo? You may want to consider wiping your Treo clean with a hard reset, then slowly (over a few days) add back in one or two programs at a time. When the problem occurs, you will have a better idea as to what app is causing it.

If your not sure on how to do a clean up and restore, do yourself a favor and do some searches here in the forum for BACKUP, CLEANUP and RESTORE and RESETS. Read the various threads that you find. This should give you a starting point on how to proceed on your own.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Alfred, you're likely using a program or a few programs which are not nvfs friendly.. It's not real easy to tell what it might be, but if you list what programs you have installed, we might be able to pinpoint some problematic application.

It'd be nice if Palm OS were more robust and could handle shakey programs, but it's not, so you have to be careful with what you install.
    Well, I just got my T650 and loaded mine up (have literally 100s of programs over the years from my Palm III days, to Samsung I300, Tungsten W, T300, T600, and now this one). I installed them all correctly, but I'm about to re-enter all my registration codes for the 4th or 5th time (did I mention I have alot of programs?! )

I have Megalauncher which comes with a built-in backup manager, so after getting the sucker humming I'll backup the saved preferences file and see if that works, otherwise it's hard-reset city until I find the little culprit causing the problem...

Real bummer, but glad TC folks have been able to find the answers over the years.

One question, would a new ROM help fix the problem?
    Newer ROMS are better at memory handling. Loading up 100's of old programs at the same time is asking for trouble, IMO. Start with a clean system (hard reset) and load the mission critical applications first. Once the system is stable, backup regularly and load one application at a time, all the time looking out for such crashes.

It takes a while, but consider it as spending "quality time" with your new baby :-)
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Absolutely correct, so I moved nearly everything on SD card. Occassionally it has reset when I tried to access something on my SD card, not wondering if it may be Megalauncher causing the problem. Here's what I have in RAM, has anybody had any problems with these?

BDicty
    Butler
    Clip DA
    ClockPop5
    CoolDAs
    CountDown DA
    CounterDA
    CutPaste5
    Directory Assistant
    DA Launcher
    daMemoPad
    DatavizTech
    DateBk5
    daTimer
    Devotions
    DocsToGo
    eReader
    FieldPlus
    Filez
    Financial Assistant
    FontHackV
    HanDBase3
    HandZipperLite
    Hilighter
    Initiate (w/ a bunch of skins)
    Julian DA
    KeyCaps600
    LEDOff
    Megalauncher (w/ Win XP skin)
    NetConnect DA
    PalmBible+
    PasswordsPlus
    PktQuicken
    Plucker
    PocketTunes (w/ WinAmp skin)
    Profiles
    Radio Control
    ReadingPlanner
    ReplaceDA
    SC-123PU
    ScrollJump
    SharkMsg
    SimpleClock DA
    Smooth Scroll Hack
    SMS Advanced
    Snap! Clip
    snapCalc5
    SplashPhoto
    Switch5
    ThoughtManager
    ToUpperDA
    TreoKeyHack
    wclockDA
    YAHM

Did y'all have do anything to the SD card when migrating from the T600 to the T650? All I did was take the card from the old treo and shove it into the new one...maybe that was the problem?

I disabled YAHM, LEDOff, and Snap! Clip until I figured this thing out. I installed the above apps in a matter of hours, but clumping them together as I came across them in my backup folder.

Any thoughts? Do you think I should do each app above (including the DAs) one at a time...
    Well, the backup manager on MegaLauncher works as y'all described -- when it resets I'm able to restore the Saved Preferences file and it goes back to normal. A bit of a pain, but until I have time to track down the culprit it beats having to load every reg code again...
    Well, I just finished the last 4 hours re-installing each app one by one, and tracked down the culprit...it was nothing more than an DA (Desk Accessory). I deleted it and I'm good-to-go. The 650 is humming...
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Some of the programs that are currrently installed in my T650 include:

Agendus Pro
    2day
    Butler
    Backupman
    Splashphoto
    Doc2go
    Rlock
    Takephone
    TCPMP
    Cleanup
    Zlauncher
    StopDim
    Powerup
    Powerclip
    Datebk5
    4Cast

Hi Khaytsus do you think any of these programs can cause any of the problems that I have already discussed. I just installed Resco Locker yesterday morning and haven't had any reset so far. But if I can identify the culpit program, I will send him to Siberia for hard labor. Please guys I need some help here. Thanks