1.    #1  
    First time posting...long time reader.

My 650 syncs with Outlook correctly (with the common exception of annoying duplicates) but reverts all of my other phone settings back to on old setting in December.

Everything goes away, like my web bookmarks, the call log, the preferences, etc.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix it?

I have considered that I may have a corrupt file in the backup folder but didn't know if there's a problem deleting all the files and letting it create new ones.

Any help is appreciated...
    I'd say that your hot sync setting is for System: Desktop overwrites Handheld

which you actually want it to say Handheld overwrites Desktop.

And BTW - the backup folder is normally a one way sync unless you just hard reset and then it will restore to the handheld but most of the time it syncs from device to desktop.

So go into hot sync and set the Backup setting to "handheld overwrites desktop" and see if that fixes the issue, if it's not already set that way. Also, if you have a setting for "system" then be certain that it's set the same way; handheld overwrites desktop.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
  3.    #3  
    Nope, it was set Handheld over Desktop.... Still stuck.
    Post your last hot sync log.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.