Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Sharkboy hasn't gotten over here yet, but I really like the look of this application. Paraphrasing fom elsewhere:

How it works: you go into SharkLinks, add a bunch of your favorite places on the Web, and go back to your launcher. The links appear as if they were applications. So for instance if you have an app called TreoCentral in your launcher, when you tap that it will launch your browser and it will take you to:

http://treo.treocentral.com/
    or
    http://treo.discussion.treocentral.c...php?styleid=12

http://www.ludustech.com/pics/SharkLinks.GIF

It's not posted on the website yet and I had seen it elsewhere for free so I am assuming Sharky won't mind posting here. If it turns out to be an issue, mods plz remove. Here's the zip file till he gets it up on his site.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by JackNaylorPE; 02/24/2006 at 07:28 PM.
  2.    #2  
    Follow up.

Sure is a lot easier than loading a browser and then searching for right bookmarks.

Oh and this is way cool....Using VoiceDail's VSuite2 and this app I can speak to my Treo and say "Open TreoCentral" and browser launches and goes right to the url...
    This is a cool app!

I posted in another thread a solution to call up a web page via alarm at certain time even when the Treo is off.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=107677

Using the combination of SharkLink + LookAtMe + Profiles...works perfectly.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  4.    #4  
    Real nice with Voice Navaigation..... Just say "Open TreoCentral"
    Very nice find...thanks for the info!
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    This is a nice app.. Now, anyone know of an app. that will take my IE shortcuts and convert them to Blazer shortcuts?
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    This is a nice app.. Now, anyone know of an app. that will take my IE shortcuts and convert them to Blazer shortcuts?
    Could you use Sharklinks to open your IE shortcuts in Skweezer or Google (Squeezer)

Skweezer compresses and reformats Web content being downloaded to your mobile device, so that it loads faster, looks better, and is easier to navigate. Since Skweezer dramatically reduces a file's size before it's sent to the device, users who pay wireless data charges on a "per-kilobit" basis save money when they browse with Skweezer. To surf the Web using Skweezer, enter a Web address or search keywords and click on the "Skweeze" button.
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    Could you use Sharklinks to open your IE shortcuts in Skweezer or Google (Squeezer)
    Dunno. Anyway, I thought that Blazer kept it's shortcuts in a db file. I'm wondering if there are any apps. that can take my IE shortcuts and convert them / put them in this db file that Blazer uses to store its shortcuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Dunno. Anyway, I thought that Blazer kept it's shortcuts in a db file. I'm wondering if there are any apps. that can take my IE shortcuts and convert them / put them in this db file that Blazer uses to store its shortcuts.
    i misunderstood your question.
    i dont know of any app that does this, but you could email the links to your Treo's SMS (i.e. xxx-xxx-xxxx@messaging.sprintpcs.com) open the links and save em to blazer that way

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    In IE, export your favorites to an htm file. Move that file to the Treo (e-mail it or copy it to the SD card using a crd reader). Open that htm file in Blazer. Make a Blazer bookmark to that file or visit each link and bookmark then separately.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Mods: At your leisure, please correct the typo in the title of this thread to read "Ludustech".

Sorry to take this thread off-topic, but when I heard about this app a couple of days ago it reminded me of PQAs. Some of you may be too new to remember them, but you can think of them as being cached/compiled versions of mobile-friendly web sites/apps that resided on your device and could be quickly launched by an icon dedicated to the applet (e.g., Starbucks finder). PQAs were great because the stuff that didn't change (form for entry, etc.) was all compiled and residing locally on the PDA, so you didn't have to wait for it to retrieve anything from the web. When you filled out the form and clicked a button to get data back it would *then* make a call to the web but would just send the request and retrieve text data that it would then populate inside of another web form that was already compiled and stored locally on the PDA, so even that was quicker.

palmOne, who I *think* owned the rights to the software when they split off PalmSource (because palmOne had the only devices that officially used PQAs - the VII and i705) never updated it to work on OS5. They later killed off the i705. After merging with Handspring and getting the Treo 600, reviving an OS5-compatible version of the PQA software would be common sense. Which is why they probably haven't even considered it.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Thanks for the news, Jack!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    Mods: At your leisure, please correct the typo in the title of this thread to read "Ludustech".
    done.

Also, I think PQA's were great tool for it's time. But with the advent of true 3G wireless broadband finally, I don't think there really is a need for that anymore considering all the powerful web based tool that now exist like AJAX, LAMP, SPA etc, some of which will be supported on ALP fyi..

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I talked with Sharkboy (via Google Talk) and this app is indeed free. He is doing a page for it now. the link will be http://www.ludustech.com/sharklinks/ when its done

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Thanks franko! it's up v1.2 was released too.

cheers, tyler
  16.    #16  
    Hey sharkboy, hope ya didn't mind me yanking this over here.....was too excited about it to keep to meself . The combo of your app with Voice Launching, is he proverbial "cat's pajamas".
    Thanks all, & Sharkboy!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Anyone tried running SharkLinks from the SD card?

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    So, let me ask a question here. Is there any appreciable difference between having urls defined as favorites and having them defined as applications? I have many of my internet favs defined in my Favorites. How is this better?

Thanks.
  20.    #20  
    Scenario 1- You are driving to your conference and need to look up directions to the hotel cause the copy you printed was left on ya desk. You go to your browser, type in the url or call it from a favorite, and navigate to the hotel page. Then after checking that, you recheeck the ferry schedule over to Martha's Vinyard, then fire up the weather. Qute a bit of tapping or navigating probbaly requiring that you pull over.

Scenarion 2 - With Sharklinks and Voice Command Software of your choice. You just say "Open Hotel Directions". "Open Ferry Schedule". "Open MV weather"
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast