Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks Jack. That's something to think about. I should probably get back up to speed on the whole voice nav thing. But, are you saying that none of the voice nav apps have the ability to launch favorites?
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    But, are you saying that none of the voice nav apps have the ability to launch favorites?
    I would thing that, as basically a keylogger (taplogger ?) / recorder, Voicenav from the VoiceIt folks would do this.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    I would thing that, as basically a keylogger (taplogger ?) / recorder, Voicenav from the VoiceIt folks would do this.
    Okay, so then there would essentially be no difference in running the url from favorites or app launcher with VoiceNav? Sorry for pushing the point but I guess I still don't see the difference. Thick skull and all.
    Hooray for Sharky apps! Thanks for this freebie.

Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    Anyone tried running SharkLinks from the SD card?
    Yes, it runs fine.

Only thing is, by default it saves the created db to RAM. But you can then move this file to the card using a file manager or the default launcher.

One simple difference between this method and bookmarks is that the dbs are, what, 5K in size. I presume bookmarks are probably only a few bytes (but stuck inside the Bookmark db).

Anyone know the limit on filenames? I tried calling a db "Skweezer: WAP optimizer", and when I tried to move it to the card, FileProg reported "Invalid filename. Cannot move."

"FEATURE" (bug?): Running the app from the card, I do not see the globe icon as seen in the first post. Known issue?
    Last edited by Azazello; 02/26/2006 at 02:20 PM.
    Treo knowledge base (FAQs)

Treo Hater's Club

Treo 600 (GSM)--> MDA Vario (HTC Wizard)
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by hoovs
    Okay, so then there would essentially be no difference in running the url from favorites or app launcher with VoiceNav? Sorry for pushing the point but I guess I still don't see the difference. Thick skull and all.
    You'll have to download the trial and see. Here's your choices:

Voice NavIt + VoiceDialIt - $50, One program for VoiceDailing and one for BoiceNavigation. Every caller and every program or activity you wanna load will use about 3k (see back in thread) . So if you have 1,000 contacts and want to record say 50 app launches, and 50 favorites, you will use about 3.3 MB of memory, aside from the program itself. Each contact, app and favorite must be individually recorded. Add SMS , lookup and e-mail to that list and it would add 9 more MB. No idea where these files are stored as I haven't tried it. If on SD card, who cares. And if you only wnat to train your favorite say 50 contacts, that's only 4 times 50 or 200 training sessiosn to cover call, lookup, e-mail and SMS.

VSuite - Cost unknown, previous version $20. Same program does both. No training required. No storage other than program and cache files required. PowerRun reporting total program footprint of 1.5 M. Sharklinks free, 44k. Also will send e-mail, send SMS, lookup address and contact info.

Peeps who just wanna use their Treo w/o any hassle shoud obviously opt of the latter. Pepes who are willing to spend a lot of time with their Treo customizing it to fit their usage should go for the former.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by Azazello
    One simple difference between this method and bookmarks is that the dbs are, what, 5K in size. I presume bookmarks are probably only a few bytes (but stuck inside the Bookmark db).
    Wow, I gonna have to check that....what do the file names look like ?

Reason I ask cause the only files created since I installed Sharklinks are 84b and are all PACERSsrcDBx except for the 1st which is 1.8k. If these things are actually gonna be 3k, VoiceNav would seem to be the better solution as it's records are only 3k.
    <moved>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Wow, I gonna have to check that....what do the file names look like ?

Reason I ask cause the only files created since I installed Sharklinks are 84b and are all PACERSsrcDBx except for the 1st which is 1.8k. If these things are actually gonna be 3k, VoiceNav would seem to be the better solution as it's records are only 3k.
    Double-checked using FileProg... All my links are saving as 5.2K PRCs using crID of shLK:

Some examples:

Google / http://www.google.com/xhtml
    HowardForums / http://wap.howardforums.com
    TreoCentral / http://treo.treocentral.com/
    Yeah... unfortunately since all the code is self-contained each app is 5.2k

it could be made much smaller obviously, but the price would be sacricing the autonomy of each link.

regards, tyler
    Has anybody tried launching Pocket Tunes shoutcast using SharkLinks? It should work if you have Blazer as your default browser. I haven't tried because my default browser is Xiino.

Al
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Azazello
    Double-checked using FileProg... All my links are saving as 5.2K PRCs using crID of shLK:
    After checking 8192 when in main memory.
    I'm using Launcher X and can only get an icon to appear for 1 link. If I exit LX the icons are shown. Suggestions-thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    Has anybody tried launching Pocket Tunes shoutcast using SharkLinks? It should work if you have Blazer as your default browser. I haven't tried because my default browser is Xiino.

Al
    Works fine!
    slorandy:
    I suspect the reason why you aren't able to see more than one of the links is that they all have the same Creator ID. LX most likely only displays the first .prc file that it finds with a certain Creator ID. You can work around this by selecting "Unique App" when creating new links and assigning your own unique creator ID to each link. This means however that they will no longer show up in SharkLinks when you open the main application.

Azazello: The reason you're having trouble moving that file is because it has a colon in the file name.

PS: incase anyone didn't realize, the links created with SharkLinks are their own applications, meaning that when (if ever) you're done creating links, you can delete the main application and the links will still function. Links can also be beamed, or run from the card.

Cheers!
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by slorandy
    I'm using Launcher X and can only get an icon to appear for 1 link. If I exit LX the icons are shown. Suggestions-thoughts?
    Well like Rodney Dangerfield's Doctor....who when he told the doctor that when he does this it hurts ... the doctor responded "Well don't do that". Option 1 remove LauncherX....Option 2 I believe that you can edit the creator ID's adding a 1,2,3,4 etc to the creator ID's to make this go away .... read that on 1src site.
    Your're right, using RsrcEdit, FileZ or something similar you can modify the Creator ID's of each file, without deleting them and creating new ones.

A Creator ID's can be any set of four ASCII characters in the range 32 to 126. That is, the standard Roman alphabet including normal punctuation, numbers and spaces (basically just about anything you could type with your qwerty keyboard). According to the PalmOS documentation, you're not supposed to make Creator ID's that are only lowercase letters because those are reserved for the system but as long as you don't use "addr", "panl" or "psys" (i'm sure i'm forgetting some) you should be alright. I've never had any problems anyway. On second thought, it might be a better idea to throw in an uppercase character and avoid any possible problems all together.
    When you move it to the card what folder does it end up in?
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    When you move it to the card what folder does it end up in?
    /palm/launcher, just like any program
    fair warning: SharkLinks has a successor on the way. Hints from the 1src thread:

Jeff Kirvin: Let's just say if you like SharkLinks, you'll really, really like this.

Superjoe: Jeff is right... It's an awesome app!! You guys'll love it when it's on your devices! The macros make everyday life just that much more sweet.

An official announcement from LudusTech is forthcoming.

tyler
    Quote Originally Posted by LudusAdmin
    fair warning: SharkLinks has a successor on the way. Hints from the 1src thread:

Jeff Kirvin: Let's just say if you like SharkLinks, you'll really, really like this.

Superjoe: Jeff is right... It's an awesome app!! You guys'll love it when it's on your devices! The macros make everyday life just that much more sweet.

An official announcement from LudusTech is forthcoming.

tyler
    Macros? Could it be an alternative to using the macro function in VoiceNavIt? That would be an app worth paying for!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast