Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just installed the 1.13a update for my Sprint CDMA Treo 650. VersaMail seems to work, but it has become very, very sluggish. When I click on any e-mail or button, it takes 5-6 seconds to respond. It seemed to work OK with 1.12.

All of my other programs are fast and responsive.

Has anyone had this problem? I couldn't find anything in the forums.
    have you done a soft reset since installing ?
    Yeah, the occasionaly soft reset is healthy for your Treo(in my opinion). It's the equivalent of a slap in the face first thing in the morning.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
  4.    #4  
    Yes, I've soft reset several times. I also just found out that I can't type an e-mail - each letter key I press takes several seconds to register, and you can't type multiple letters while it's lagging. So unless I want to take 6 sec/letter typing, it's a no-go.

I'm tempted just to switch to Chatter Email or SnapperMail, but I like how versamail is integrated into the other applications.
  5.    #5  
    Who should I call to ask for support? Sprint? Palm?
    Well, Chattermail is integrated into most other apps. There's only one that it isn't, as far as I know, is the built-in calendar app. I guess you should probably ask Palm for support. Or just try Chatter or Snapper. I have Chatter fully integrated into all my apps except for the built-in calendar, and I use Agendus instead of that anyway.
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    When I used Versamail, my problems were way different that that...
    I have to ask....

How big are your email files right now? seems like there might be a lot of memory swapping going on..
    delete all the sent and deleted items

if all else fails and you do call palm tech support the first thing they are going to tell you to do is delete all asc files and setup versamail again so you might as well try that before sitting on hold for an hour.
  9.    #9  
    Thanks for the advice. I pretty much gave up and switched to Chatter. I'm loving it!

A few questions:

How would I go about deleting the asc files and setting up VersaMail again? I updated it via the 1.13a upgrade.

Is there any way to eliminate VersaMail from the Treo (at least the icon?)

Thanks so much! This forum has been very helpful.

The main integration point that I was talking about was the notification of new e-mail at the top of the phone dialer screen. Is there any way to recreate this with Chatter?
    download filez it is free

http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-3.html?FileZ

or from www.nosleep.net

delete all the asc2, asc3 and asc4 files ..anything asc for the creator
    there is 12 files
    Quote Originally Posted by mamessner
    Thanks for the advice. I pretty much gave up and switched to Chatter. I'm loving it!

A few questions:

How would I go about deleting the asc files and setting up VersaMail again? I updated it via the 1.13a upgrade.

Thanks so much! This forum has been very helpful.

The main integration point that I was talking about was the notification of new e-mail at the top of the phone dialer screen. Is there any way to recreate this with Chatter?
    Sorry, I don't know anything about asc files. You can't delete Versamail or it's icon unless you do a custom ROM(too risky for me).

And as far as your main integration point is concerned, just set Chatter as the default email app and you're good to go
    Do an "edit categories" and move it to the unfiled bin.....this doesn't come uo when you cycle with the menu button. Doesn't eliminate it completely but you won;t see it when cycling thru menus....I have all the welcome, get good and other stuff there.
    Yes, I've soft reset several times. I also just found out that I can't type an e-mail - each letter key I press takes several seconds to register, and you can't type multiple letters while it's lagging. So unless I want to take 6 sec/letter typing, it's a no-go.
    Two things:

1. Install meminfo and come back and report what it says:

2. Use FileZ , view internal files and select "size" as the info to be presented. Now tap the word "size" to sort them in order of desending size. Come backa nd list everything bigger than 500kb
    Attached Files Attached Files
  14.    #14  
    Meminfo results:

Storage Heap (Flash): ?
    Total Size: 24270 KB
    Total Free: 7462 KB

NVFS DB Cache (RAM): ?
    Total Size: 11711 KB
    Total Free: 3667 KB
    Largest Free Chunk: 2157 KB

Dynamic Heap (RAM): ?
    Total Size: 5440 KB
    Total Free: 4216 KB
    Largest Free Chunk: 3977 KB

From FileZ:
    MultiMail Messaging: 4.5 m
    NetFrontLib: 1.2 m
    Xiino3 Cache: 954 k
    Pocket Tunes: 851 k
    MultiMail: 683 k
    Phone: 660 k
    DALAcDc: 637 k
    Xiino3 626 k
    ContactsDB-PAdd: 554 k
    Chatter: 528 k

Let me know if that helps! I'm currently using the Chatter demo for e-mail (although I'd like to try VersaMail if I can fix it), and the Xiino demo as a browser.
    Last edited by mamessner; 02/27/2006 at 11:27 AM.
  15.    #15  
    After a hard reset, VersaMail seems to be working fine now, and I'm still using the 1.13a firmware. Thanks for the help. A few more questions:

How do I set VersaMail to be the default now?

Is there anyway to get mail from all the accounts (3) at once? Chatter seems to be more adept at handling multiple mail accounts, with it's "Quicksync All" feature.
    After a hard reset, VersaMail seems to be working fine now, and I'm still using the 1.13a firmware. Thanks for the help. A few more questions:

How do I set VersaMail to be the default now?

Is there anyway to get mail from all the accounts (3) at once? Chatter seems to be more adept at handling multiple mail accounts, with it's "Quicksync All" feature.
    To set Versamail as the default you just have to go preferences then to default apps.
    Here's mine for comparison:

Storage Heap (Flash): ?
    Total Size: 24270 KB
    Total Free: 7462 KB 16388

NVFS DB Cache (RAM): ?
    Total Size: 11711 KB
    Total Free: 3667 KB 9039
    Largest Free Chunk: 2157 KB 9008

Dynamic Heap (RAM): ?
    Total Size: 5440 KB
    Total Free: 4216 KB 4824
    Largest Free Chunk: 3977 KB 4756

From FileZ:
    MultiMail Messaging: 4.5 m ouch....my biggest is the Netfront and that in ROM, shoulda said to just list those in RAM....skip the ones with the little chip symbol.
  18.    #18  
    OK - thanks for the info on making Versamail the default. I did so and it's working fine now.

JackNaylorPE - So how do I free up this space? Is that what was making it slow? I just checked, and MultiMail is down to 683 k now. My available memory in the first two categories has almost doubled. What fixed it?

Something seems strange, as one of my IMAP accounts is downloading 25 seemingly random e-mails from August every half hour when it checks for new e-mail. I have it set to

Get only: Mail from last 1 day

and "Only unread messages" is unchecked. I don't know how it selects those 25 e-mails from August to download. Erasing them in my Treo doesn't fix it - they just download again the next time. My phone stays connected to the internet for several minutes every half-hour, too, so I miss calls while it's getting those 25 e-mails.

What gives?
  19.    #19  
    rrrrr - Now it's taking forever to sync, as well. What is it doing that takes so long? Chatter didn't do anything during hotsync. Why can't Versamail just WORK, like Chatter did?

And I'm getting these messages in the log:

OK VersaMail
    Failed to modify the record on the device.
    OK Oracle Calendar Conduit with 5 message(s)

It's looking like I'll be switching to Chatter.
    buddy...stick to chatter, you will thank yourself later - been there done that, I tried all, back to chatter - trust me

Peace
    Fred
    Cingular 680
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast