1.    #1  
    Dropped my treo 650 this morn on the kitchen floor. The keyboard wasn't working right (Right shift button wouldn't "click"), and after I took it apart, I found that the actual hard button was OK, but the thing it 'clicks' on the board was stuck in. This meant that *if* the keyboard would work, it would just as if the shift key was held down, but usually only the power button would work (to awaken the phone) and the center key on the 5way nav.

Now it doesn't look like I'll be able to unstick it on the board... advice?

Is there a software program out there that I can configure to ignore that button?

Thanks!

::
    I don't know (and don't think so). You might check to see if you have insurance on it?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

3.    #3  
    Naw no insurace (bought it off ebay). I did find a place that sells the replacement part, not sure about shipping yet... but if I could find some software that just disabled that key, I'd be very very happy!

How much was the part?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

5.    #5  
    $25 USD, dunno about shipping yet (I'm in Canada)
    http://performancepda.zoovy.com/c=9E...REO650KEYBOARD

I would just get the part and do it yourself (assuming you feel comfortable taking it apart that far.)

7.    #7  
    Ordered it already (and already taken it apart... had to see what was wrong!). I have my old Treo 600 I been using in the meantime. Bonus that I am about to go on vacation for a week, so it could have happened @ a worse time @ least.

Still hoping there may be a software solution to get me by until then though... one to disable / ignore a particular key??

my keys were sticking lately, still under year warranty so i called friday and my replacement should be here mon or tues.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"