1.    #1  
    First Water Resistant Bluetooth Headset
    http://www.slashphone.com/106/3735.html

Bluetrek has announced the launch of the World's first water-resistant Bluetooth headset, the Bluetrek X2. Sure it has a cringe-worthy name, but it also has extended battery power, high sound quality and a lighter weight. Supporting Bluetooth 1.2, the headset should provide you 14 hours of talktime and a whopping 500 hours of standby time. Shock proof and water resistant, the customizable loops make this headset safe as well as comfortable. Details after the jump. Available in March 2006.

Technical specifications

* Water resistant
    * Weather proof
    * Up to 14 hours talk time (record time)
    * Stand-by up to 3 weeks (record time)
    * Weight : 15 grams (ear loop included)
    * Reversible and adjustable ear hook which allows the headset to be worn on either ear comfortably
    * Operation range : up to 10 metres
    * Compatible with Bluetooth enabled devices such as mobile phones, PDAs & computers that support headset and/or Hands-free profile
    * Dual colour LED to state the charge, low battery, standby & communication
    * Bluetooth specification: V1.2
    * Delivered with one ear hook and 2 ear loops for active sports, as well as a Bluetrek lanyard to carry the headset as a necklace
    * Extra rubber caps included to protect the speaker

http://www.slashphone.com/news/uploa...5/bluetrek.jpg

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Quote Originally Posted by techprincesse
    ...2 ear loops for active sports...
    I dunno. I think my Treo's a little too valuable to carry it into a friendly game of tackle football or basketball...
    500 hours of standby time is nice...but I don't like the full ear hook.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

I think it's cool! Maybe the full loop is to keep it from falling off? If it comes here, I'd try it out! 79 Euro is about $100, right?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Currently about $93.80.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    I think it's cool! Maybe the full loop is to keep it from falling off? If it comes here, I'd try it out! 79 Euro is about $100, right?
    My Moto 820 just has the 1/2 ear hook and it doesnt fall off (maybe my ears are extra big?)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

I like my plantronics discovery 640. Looks pretty nice though.
    <-Jumping ship on the Palm Pre and getting the HTC EVO...So far that's the 650, 800w, the Pro, Pre and soon the HTC EVO...
    Has the Bluetrek X2 been put out to sale yet in the states?
  9. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Welp! I have found my setup for the jet ski. This headset with the new water resistant bag, and I am safe in a water ladened environment.
  10. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    eBay has got them. But $208, ouch.

http://search.ebay.com/BLUETREK-X2_W0QQfromZR40