Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    I think that kinda hints Dink that the 700p is about to pop. I'm sure that it's promoted on the CD or in the package with the 700p

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...cedialing.html
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3
    Has anyone noticed that on Voice Signals site it states one of the features of VSuite is text to speech output? http://www.voicesignal.com/products/.../treo_650.html The beta I tested didn't have this. Does official release have this feature?
    Version 1.1 had this. Doesn't it read the name back to you when you ask it to call someone ? It's the voice activated application launch I gotta look or should I say "look out" for. While that's a feature many have been clamoring for w/ BT headsets on their Treo, I don't think I like the idea....wouldn't want Treo to shut off TT and activate VSuite every time say someone in the car said "call" or soemthing that sounded like it.
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    FWIW: The version at PalmGear is 2.0.00 and the version on the Palm site is 2.0.02

I haven't found any change lists and I haven't noticed any difference between the two.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Version 1.1 had this. Doesn't it read the name back to you when you ask it to call someone ?.
    Okay, but that's not my def of text to speech. To me that would be voice confirmation or something. To me, if I advertised text to speech, it would mean not having to read an email but be able to listen to it.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
  5.    #65  
    The way they have it grouped, I would never infer anything about reading e-mails. What I inferred:

* One-Step Name Dialing - it dials in one step
    * One-Step Digit Dialing - again
    * Voice-Activated Application Launch - it launches apps via voice
    * Message Addressing - it addresses messages via vocie

* Audio and Visual Prompts - it provides visual and audio prompts
    * Text-to-Speech Output - output for prompts is text to speech based

Now if they woulda had a separate grouping for auto addressing mail and had that text 2 speech grouped there I woulda taken it as you did.

In fact looking at it again, it taks about messages (as in SMS) not e-mail really.

VSpeak is Voice Signal's Text2Speech Product and VMode the Voice Dictation product.
    Last edited by JackNaylorPE; 05/10/2006 at 07:45 PM.
  6.    #66  
    So has anyone besides the beta crew upgraded yet ?
    This seems to be better that the beta, in particular with the Voice prompt. Not dependent on system sound any longer. Just the right volume. SCHWEEET!
  8.    #68  
    Yes and the initial voice prompt ("say a command") isn't disappearing on me ...yet....haven't had it in GPS car cradle yet tho where this used to be an almost always issue. Speaking of which ....trying to d/l VS to my wife....when I push her side button I wanna hear "say a command" !
    It seems like the Palm 2.0.0.2 version is slightly faster for me then the 2.0.0 version.

Also, 2.0.0.2 has a palm disclaimer when I install it.

I noticed I had to reset my treo 650 after I installed 2.0.0.2, otherwise when it had a list of numbers or contacts to dial, it wouldn't give me the "Yes, No, Repeat, Cancel" dialog. This happened with 2.0.0 right after I installed also, until I reset my device.
    Can this software be installed via a MAC? The documentation states PC yet in this thread somebody posted that implies that the software was being used via a MAC.

If it can be installed does it cause problems synching with Missing Sync?

I could DL to a PC on the network but my synching is done via MAC.
    Quote Originally Posted by tencargarage
    Can this software be installed via a MAC? The documentation states PC yet in this thread somebody posted that implies that the software was being used via a MAC.

I'm not sure about downloading via MAC but you can dowload it right to your Treo by viewing this page on your treo
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...cedialing.html
    Quote Originally Posted by tencargarage

Installed just fine from my Mac. I had previously installed version 1.whatever after creating the dummy folder as per the instructions on Palm's website. I didn't have to do it again for version 2. I'm not sure if a brand new install of version 2 would have required that dummy folder, I didn't want to do the experiment to find out if I could trash my HotSync setup by not having that folder...
    I upgraded today, like it fine so far however the Open App function does not have Date Book 6 as a listed app.

Is anyone else having the same issue?
    just updatd now...its pretty cool...a little slow to respond but good nonetheless

thank you voicesignal for making it a free upgrade
  15.    #75  
    Here's an e-mail from Voice Signal:

"Yes, [the new version] was just launched but does NOT have VoiceMode or VSpeak in this version. We are also launching on the Treo 700."
    The two bolded items [by me] I think are the points worth noting.
    Okay, I upgraded this but when I say "call home" it says "connecting" but nothing happens......back to the dial screen??

Thanks
  17.    #77  
    Only time I recall getting connecting message is when I try and use it with phone turned off. Try a soft reset.
    No, the phone was on and I did try the soft reset, no luck. I can dial out fine though. Any other suggestions? Thanks.
  19.    #79  
    Here's what I do / see:

1. Hit Side Button
    2. VoiceSignal babe (VSB) says "say a command"
    3. Resist crude comment and just say "Call Home"
    4. VSB says "call Home ?"
    5. I say "Yes"
    6.. VSB saus "Connecting"
    7. Phone screen appears showing number and "Dailing"
    8. Once it gets thru, phone screen says "active" and I start talkin
    Thats exactly how it worked before I upgraded......maybe I should uninstall and reinstall the program. Thanks Jack
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast