Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    I deleted the beta because I never really use it and it takes up a lot of space. My largest Free NVFS Chuck jumped from 4900k to 6300k.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by twitch3
    I deleted the beta because I never really use it and it takes up a lot of space. My largest Free NVFS Chuck jumped from 4900k to 6300k.
    I have done the same thing. The voice command is really cool but the process of pulling up apps is no faster than without it.
  3.    #43  
    I rarely use VSuite to open apps.....nio sense doing hands free I figure to open an app when I need my hands to use it.

My useage is limited to "while driving" and:

1. To call someone .... was finding myself doing too many late adjustmnents when trying to use KB and look at screen while driving.
    2. Open web pages with train and ferry schedules

Can't really see the point in saying "Open Memopad" or "open versamail" and then using both my hands to type the thing.
  4.    #44  
    Voice Signal officially listing VSuite2.0 as being available for the 650 even tho the link to the Palm website still has 1.1 listed....

http://www.voicesignal.com/products/.../treo_650.html

There's a dude here saying he loves it on his 650 even tho he listed his comments on the Motox220 "version" page at handango.

http://www.handango.com/PlatformProd...tType=2&pc=new[1]_title&productId=167094
    Thanks Jack the PE
    Now we Get to wait on Palm!
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    If you have not bought it you can get the new version on PalmGear.com.
    Quote Originally Posted by peridoc
    If you have not bought it you can get the new version on PalmGear.com.
    Do u know if they will be offering a free upgrade?
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    431 Global Posts
    I am not sure - I purchased from PalmGear. I would email them and ask. I do know that the registration scheme tied to the PalmGear software does not appear to be tied to your particular device anymore - just to your hotsync name (at least on the software I bought it was not). I also know (from speaking to VoiceSignal's tech support) that they plan to release an update to the 2.0 software and post it in the support section of their website in the next couple of weeks. Not sure what fixes will be included though.
    I just installed the 2.0 prc and deleted my 1.1 and all works fine.
    It doesn't say it's a Trial.
    So I'm guessing it's a free upgrade.
    Anyone else have success going from a registered 1.1 ver to 2.0
    http://palmgear.com/index.cfm?fuseac...&prodID=121678
    Just call me Berd.
    Yeah ......

2.0 is a free upgrade for registered version 1.1. I downloaded 2.0 right to the Treo and used Handzipper to unzip the file and send the installer to ram and installed 2.0 over 1.1

Everything works fine, but it appears that it gets confused when opening an app that sounds like 2 words with voice. If trying to open zlauncher, mobileclock, camcorder or volumecare it says no match found or it opens the phone app. It opens 1 word apps just fine.

Anyone else notice this?

Chuck
  11.    #51  
    There's some apps that lets you change the name of apps to whatever ya like...

This is not the one I am thinking of but I can't remember the othe rone....I know it's on the forum here somewhere. Will pop back when I remember

http://palmgear.com/index.cfm?fuseac...=1&prodID=2059
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Has anyone noticed that on Voice Signals site it states one of the features of VSuite is text to speech output? http://www.voicesignal.com/products/.../treo_650.html The beta I tested didn't have this. Does official release have this feature?
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Is this one different from the one listed just above that I already dloaded and installed??
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Do you have to uninstall the older version or do you install the new one over the current version?

Besides the new features, does this version do better at voice recognition of contacts?

Thanks
    This one is Build: 2.0.02
    The original posted is 2.0.00

I don't know what the difference is but it is a different build for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    Is this one different from the one listed just above that I already dloaded and installed??
    BCCISProf, you don't need to uninstall the previous version.

I downloaded the new version and hotsynced it to my treo. I then had 2 applications in my treo: "Voice Dial" (the old one) and "VoiceDial" (the new one).

I clicked on the new version, and it installed itself over the old version, hence leaving me with only one version, the new and improved version 2!

I find it is better in voice recognition than the previous version. As other mentionned, it is pretty useless to say "open versamail" and then taking out the stylus to navigate, but I really like the new feature "lookup" to check somebody in the contacts. (and since I am also lazy, I like the "call" feature...)

All and all, a great improvement IMHO
    - Jeeman
    I deleted the email Voice Signal sent me, but they said the one at PG was not the Official that was soon to be posted at Palms Site.
    Which is now there.
    Just call me Berd.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast