Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 85
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    ...clip...And let's not forget that a sizeable portion of those 150 million are using public transportation an the last thing I wanna be sitting with is 5 treo owners yelling over the background noise to "open versamail".
    That's Funny

    But don't you mean "OPEN VERSAMAIL" ?
    Just call me Berd.
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingjunior
    Here's my conclusion on all these voice control apps...............

    I personally only use the voice thing when driving and if i'm driving I don't need to be reading e-mails or sending texts so badly that I need a app to bring up that program.

    With being able to assign keys as a shortcut to almost any app the voice all thing is not really necessary. IMO It's overkill to make a buck.
    There are time for almost everything. When I am driving, I sometime need to bring up TomTom to get directions to where I am going. Say I am on the highway, it would be a lot easier to say "start tomtom" than for me to navigate menus and start the Tomtom software up. Or maybe I want to hear the podcasts I downloaded that morning while I am driving, Voice commands let me keep my hands on the wheel, eyes on the road, and still do that.

    Complete voice-activated dialing is an obvious application. In fact, the original reason I got a bluetooth headset was that I was worried about holding a phone while driving, now I worry about dialing while driving.

    VoiceSignal sounds like it will resolve the issues I am worrying about, so I will get it.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Version 2.0, now named VSuite will be out any day now....if you just bought version 1.1, I imagine you will get free upgrade for 30-60 days. Registered users can request access to the beta for VSuite.
    How do you request access to the beta for VSuite? Just email VoiceSignal's customer service?
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by bobodobo
    How do you request access to the beta for VSuite? Just email VoiceSignal's customer service?
    That's how I did it.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    That's how I did it.
    do you have an e-mail address you wouldn't mind giving? i sent to product_news@ voicesignal.com a couple weeks back but never heard anything.
  6. #26  
    I just sent an e-mail to support@voicesignal.com. In the message I explained that I was a current user and gave my registration information. I also mentioned that I would be willing to provide feedback since the product was still in beta.
  7. #27  
    This is what I received today:

    "Thank you for the interest. The beta testing cycle is complete.
    We are going to release the upgrade at the end of the month of May.

    Regards,

    Support"
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

    Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by cash70
    "Thank you for the interest. The beta testing cycle is complete. We are going to release the upgrade at the end of the month of May.
    My take is that they are saving it for the release of the 700p.....cross promotion benefits and all that. Bet we'll see it on the Palm CD again or a link for new purchasers on the Palm web site.
  9. #29  
    OK. I want the beta...does it work? Can anyone email it to me?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
  10.    #30  
    The beta works wonderful....voice prompts are still a bit low....but especially when used like described here, it has me grinning from ear to ear ... and muttering "that is so freakin cool".

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=108053

    Beta testers are prohibited from "sharing" and it's not going to work for you unless you are already a registered user....only 4-6 weeks left
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    The beta works wonderful....voice prompts are still a bit low....but especially when used like described here, it has me grinning from ear to ear ... and muttering "that is so freakin cool".

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=108053

    Beta testers are prohibited from "sharing" and it's not going to work for you unless you are already a registered user....only 4-6 weeks left
    So if I register the old version now, will it be a free upgrade? They haven't responded to my email at VoiceSignal support.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    So if I register the old version now, will it be a free upgrade? They haven't responded to my email at VoiceSignal support.

    I have the beta version and YES the upgrade is free for registered users. That's what she told me anyway.
  13. #33  
    Free upgrade is what I was told when I started the beta.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    So if I register the old version now, will it be a free upgrade? They haven't responded to my email at VoiceSignal support.
    Again, word so far is it's free. Most vendors give free upgrades to peeps who bought lst version within 45 90 days but I would get it from the proverbial horse's mouth if ya worried about the $20.
  15. carrel's Avatar
    Posts
    425 Posts
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    #35  
    I just tried to get on the Beta program and I got the following response:

    Thank you for the interest. The beta testing cycle is now complete.
    We are going to release the upgrade at the end of the month of May. We
    will update the support webpage when the release is ready.
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by carrel
    I just tried to get on the Beta program and I got the following response:

    Thank you for the interest. The beta testing cycle is now complete.
    We are going to release the upgrade at the end of the month of May. We
    will update the support webpage when the release is ready.
    AFter reading message no. 7 kinda expected that would be the answer yu'd get
  17. #37  
    Or maybe I should have Posted in this Thread. Sorry
    Oh the convienence of multiple Threads.
    Yep, just start a New Thread.
    Why would I care how Multiple Threads on the Same Subject Create Future Problems for Others. That's Their Problem.
    As long as get my answer, who freakin cares.
    Just call me Berd.
  18. #38  
    Why this thread after 10 days from the last post?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  19. #39  
    Looking into Voice Dial and Thought this was the most recent Thread.
    I wanted to see if there was any new info.
    Sorry, I was just ranting on for a moment. It won't happen again.
    Just call me Berd.
  20. #40  
    I'm keeping an eye out for this too. Hopefully by end of May, as their tech support says.

    Never fear, Jack Naylor (PE) will tell us all about it when this get s released. :-)
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions