1.    #1  
    Is there any other program other than NoviiMedia that provide the functionality to use the Treo 650 as a TV remote control? I live outside of the US an the shipping is 59.99 + the 35.99 for the product which is too much. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    I have OmniRemote Pro installed, but I haven't really played around with it yet.

The IR port on the 650 is too weak to be very practical as a remote control. The $35.99 Novii product you're talking about isn't just the software; it includes a hardware IR device that plugs into the SD slot and is supposed to boost the range and angle considerably. That said, I'd probably have a hard time paying more for shipping than for the product itself too.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
  3.    #3  
    i installed that program and for some reason when i hold my Remote Control from it it doesn't pick up any frequencies :S so i can't configure it. this sucks!! my friend got it working within minutes using his Ipaq
  4. mss
    Quote Originally Posted by renegade33
    Is there any other program other than NoviiMedia that provide the functionality to use the Treo 650 as a TV remote control? I live outside of the US an the shipping is 59.99 + the 35.99 for the product which is too much. Any ideas?
    Is it really so expensive? And where are you from?
  5. mss
    Quote Originally Posted by renegade33
    i installed that program and for some reason when i hold my Remote Control from it it doesn't pick up any frequencies :S so i can't configure it. this sucks!! my friend got it working within minutes using his Ipaq
    have you contacted the Novii's support team? Those guys are quick to respond!