Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    After upgrading to stripped 1.20/1.71 with fat32 , my device began not recognizing "card insert" action.
    It does not make a beep when a card is inserted and no card shows up.
    My card is still working with my card reader.

If I delete "Bluetooth device cache" and restart the device "card insert" actions are recognized.

This is weird. Any idea why it occurs ?
    does anyone else have this problem ?
  2.    #2  
    after a "warm reset" my card insert is recognized. but then after a normal reset I lose it again.
    Do you have a second SD card you can test? Can you backup everything on the card and format it again and try again?
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

4.    #4  
    SD card is working fine; both on my card reader and on Treo 650 with no BT device set.
    Try Cradle Care....It will remount your card
    I am using this with Multiple Bluetooth devices, Fat32 etc.. SO I don't think it is the ROM. If you hard reset and pair just one BT device does it stop then?
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

7.    #7  
    if I do that, there is no problem. The problem occurs after the restore.
    Then some of my applications don't like the fat32 driver ?

how can I remove fat32 driver from this rom ?
  8.    #8  
    the problem goes if I boot in warm boot. so the problem is one of the drivers that start in "normal boot".
    how can I find it ?
    First question, I would search for the RomTool thread. Use that tool to remove Fat32 and the copy fatfs back. If you have trouble finding fatfs let me know.

Second, Just start one app at a time. Disable or delete until you find the culperate. The only software I heard that had an issue was Splash something might have been viewer. I don't use it so I don't remember but I remember they put out a new file that might solve the issue.

10.    #10  
    I don't have SplashViewer but I have RescoViewer.
    installing apps one by one is the best wa to find the problem but I have too many apps to try...
    Then try changing fat32 back to fatfs. If you need help with that let me know.

12.    #12  
    ok, I've hard resetted again. Then added BT devices. Card reading remains stable if I don't restart.
  13.    #13  
    I don't want to change the rom but in case I decide to go that way, can you point me to the latest version of RomTool ?
    I've used it 7-8 months before. Is it the same ? (usage etc.)
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    If you made a custom ROM by removing VeraMail make sure you do not remove MMCBulverdeIntelDrv_Device.prc which is easy because it starts with MM. That module is required for SD drive.
    I applied the Sprint 1.13a revision yesterday en route to adding a custom ROM -- I had some similar problems (but not related to the custom ROM).

the first time I started the Treo after just adding the Sprint firmware, it refused to recognize the card. tried a warm reset, Cradle Care -- neither of these got the card recognized. so, after an hour of desperation, I performed a hard reset. this got most of the SD card functionality back -- so I went ahead and put together & applied the custom ROM w/the FAT32 driver, which worked out very nicely -- thanks, y'all (I used Shadowmite's original tool & I guess one of James's ROMS).

things are for the most part okay now -- though I'd say about one in fix or six times I switch the Treo back on, the device can't find the card. but it's much better than it was yesterday. generally simply switching the Treo off and then on again will recover -- haven't had to try a soft reset (let alone a hard reset) yet.

I'm really quite curious about what causes this.... was nearly freaking yesterday
    really, try CradleCare. It solved my utterly frustrating unmounted SD card prob...
    Did you try renaming the card using the Card Info app on the Treo? That usually fixes any problems related to the FAT32.prc
    My Treo 650 GSM is experiencing exactly the same thing. With my, it started with the Chinese 1.20. The problem still manifested itself in the factory 1.20/1.71 upgrade, and even now with the 1.20/1.71 with fat32.

Based on my experience, I don't think it's based on fat32.

Here's something interesting though: after a hard reset, the card is recognized fine. It's only after restoring my apps with BackupMan that experienced the intermittent card recognition problem. I've been dealing with this for weeks with no solution in sight. :-(
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    Did you try renaming the card using the Card Info app on the Treo? That usually fixes any problems related to the FAT32.prc
    is there a way of renaming the card using CardInfo when it's not recognized by the system ?

I didn't reset the Treo for many ours now and the problem did not occur.
    I am afraid of resetting it, since it may not recognize the card...

Btw, unlijke other posters the problem does not happen to me when I turn off/on..
    ilkeraktuna, do you experience this problem after a hard reset? Before you install any applications?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast