Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    Anyone uses this? Is it good? Disadvantages? Snide remarks?
    Sprint Treo 755p (ex-650) user and loving it.
    1.04-SPNT
    Use it, works great, no snide remarks. Lock anything that runs in the background or is used frequently.
    Quote Originally Posted by cesium1024
    ....Lock anything that runs in the background ...
    Since "!" now indicates probably running in background, I have locked all the ! marked apps. I was surprised that backupbuddy was marked "!"

my locked list under OS 1.20/ rlock1.21:
    2dial ,backupbuddyVFS,DAlauncher,J9 java launcher,KeygardTime,PetitLaunch (no !),Phone Technition (no !),Profiles, Tealmaster

BTW hacks are not listed, I managed to get TealLaunch listed and it has a "!L" automatically when listed. Don't know whether it really is.
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    so you see a faster performace/executibles on certain apps? i still dont know exactly what the functionality of this program is. can anyone help me? (layman's terms)
    Sprint Treo 755p (ex-650) user and loving it.
    1.04-SPNT
    NVFS applications are copied to DBCache before they are executed. In the past (prior to 1.13a SPCS) the DBCache was not correctly managed leading to DBCache resource exhaustion which would result in a reset. Locking an application in cache prevented mangled cache management. Additionally, it mitigated the NVFS->DBCache copy step decreasing the launch time.

Currently with 1.13a some users report locking applications is not necessary, however, locking the application is still valuable in decreasing load-time.

I still use Resco Locker and I'm running 1.13a
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick99999
    Since "!" now indicates probably running in background, I have locked all the ! marked apps. I was surprised that backupbuddy was marked "!"

my locked list under OS 1.20/ rlock1.21:
    2dial ,backupbuddyVFS,DAlauncher,J9 java launcher,KeygardTime,PetitLaunch (no !),Phone Technition (no !),Profiles, Tealmaster

BTW hacks are not listed, I managed to get TealLaunch listed and it has a "!L" automatically when listed. Don't know whether it really is.
    ! means the program receives notifications, but not necessarily running. There's a big thread here and on a few other forums about what to lock.. Basically anything that runs all the time. That does *not* mean 2dial, j9, not sure of some of the others..

There's no hard-and-fast rule on what to lock, I have on mine: FindHack, KBLightsOff, KGT+, LEDOff, SnapDates, TreoAlarm, and ZLauncher.

I probably should put Crash, PXAClocker, and TrafficStat in there, perhaps YAHM, etc.. but so far I'm fine, so I don't. They just take up more dbcache. Keep that in mind, every program takes up more valuble cache space.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    ! means the program receives notifications, but not necessarily running. There's a big thread here and on a few other forums about what to lock.. Basically anything that runs all the time. That does *not* mean 2dial, j9, not sure of some of the others..

There's no hard-and-fast rule on what to lock, I have on mine: FindHack, KBLightsOff, KGT+, LEDOff, SnapDates, TreoAlarm, and ZLauncher.

I probably should put Crash, PXAClocker, and TrafficStat in there, perhaps YAHM, etc.. but so far I'm fine, so I don't. They just take up more dbcache. Keep that in mind, every program takes up more valuble cache space.
    You also have this Locked, Right?

Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    No crashes or weirdness here with TextPlus but I do use Resco, have for some months now. Haven't tried it without it.
    Grabbed From another Thread.
    Just been thinking about that TextPlus App.
    I going to ask over there if TextPlus works in Blazer, Like when Posting in Threads.
    Just call me Berd.
    Has anyone noticed a tremendous SLOW down effect while running Rlock?

I had to do a hard reset because soft-resets weren't working. I suspect it had something to do with the applications that I had locked....but I'm not sure.

I think it might have been Butler, but I'm not sure.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    No slow downs here.. I have a few times found that if somehow the ZLauncher categores get hosed, they won't stick after a soft reset unless I unlock first. But I suspect that's just RLocker doing its job...

Otherwise, RLocker works great for me. I very rarely lose my preferences anymore... Used to lose them every few days it seemed.
    Quote Originally Posted by ike301
    Anyone uses this? Is it good? Disadvantages? Snide remarks?
    it installs with Resco backup but I disabled it. I dont think I need it but Resco Backup uses it. Never had problems with my daily backups before, but thought I should leave locker in.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.