Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I was on Boxwaves website and noticed they have clear hard case called the Active Case for many phones but not one for any Treos...

So in my quest I took to eBay which has various hard clear cases for the Treo, none made by Boxwave, they are all aftermarket branded... 3 major power sellers seem to be selling them and there are 2 different kinds although I cant really tell as the pics are so small. First link has the best and largest pics with detail... I love that the hard screen flips up when I need to use the touch screen and screen is protected when its in my purse or pocket, but I am not sure if this would provide any protection from being dropped. Has anyone used these type of cases?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5871283957
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5869287988
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5871501908
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5871394004
    Last edited by techprincesse; 02/23/2006 at 11:50 PM.

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
  2.    #2  
    I ordered one of these cases from ebay about a month ago... $6 plus $6 shipping. Boxwave just started selling them like 2 weeks ago. After almost 3 weeks I will say this is the best case I have ever had. The screen is easy to access and I am glad to have that plastic hard flap over my screen. Absolutely nothing gets in there now when its in my purse. Plus EVERY corner of my Treo is covered. I wish I had this case when i was in my last car accident, cause the sena case provided no protection whatsoever and my treo is pretty banged up now but alot of the scratches dont show while in this case. I have dropped on a carpeted floor it from about 5 feet already, accidentally and it survived perfectly. I wont test it with any tile or concrete floors though.

I had a Sena Skin case I have been using since I got the treo last January and I have put the Sena aside for this... In my purse little things like change and dust, pens would find their way between the SENA magnetic flap and my treo screen and my screen would always be dirty and may have a scratch here and there which I did not like. In 3 weeks that hasnt happen in this case. So I am glad I took the plunge and bought it even though I couldnt find any reviews on it.

Havent used the belt clip part of it, cause obviously i never clip to my belt, but it works perfect for what I need it for. The Treo fits in it securely snug, the latches on the side hold tight, everything is covered but the antenna and the keypad and the actual treo screen shows through pefectly like nothig is there. It SLIDES in and out of my pocket or purse with ease, unlike a rubber skin surface catching on everything. Taking it off is easy, I have only had to take the case off once for a soft reset in 3 weeks. The case itself has gotten maybe one hairline scratch on it in the 3 weeks and the front cover is still like glass and I havent been handling it with kid gloves either, the plastic has held up well even with fighting the war inside of my purse and at various tech sites. So far, for ME, I have a winner. I plan to buy another one as a backup just in case...

I have a crystal hard case like this for my ipod and it is a winner as well.

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    wow, I didn't know this existed! I just did a searched on ebay and found them. I already have a vaja and aluminum case - but one more wouldn't hurt.

Thanks!
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    Would this inturn scratch the Treo's surface since theres no protection between it and the treo?
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    Would this inturn scratch the Treo's surface since theres no protection between it and the treo?
    That fear is why I quit using it.
    Last edited by 4ster; 04/04/2006 at 06:37 PM.
    Safety and happiness can only come from individuals, classes, and nations being honest and fair and kind to each other.
    - C.S. Lewis
    Any problems typing? Looks like it's pretty close to the edge of the keys.

Otherwise, looks pretty nice. Just wonder about the case getting scuffed up though.
  7.    #7  
    That hasnt happened at all, and as long as it doesnt SLIDE onto the treo then its fine. I have 2 cases like this for my iPOD, one slides on and caused about 20+ microscrates on my screen that had me LIVID cause my ipod was brand new. I looked up on the ipod forums and many others have that problem with the slide on cases as well... I ended up getting the other kind of crystal clear case that snapped on tight, just like this treo case, got another new iPod as well and it doesnt budge in there.

This was over a year ago. That ipod case is what prompted me to buy this Treo crystal case and as I said it is VERY snug, it snaps on like a clam shell, doesnt cause any scratches cause there is nowhere for it to move and every corner and the entire back is covered. Secondly the screen doesnt touch the plastic whatsoever. The Treo screen is already sunken into the treo, it isnt flush with the edges. The only thing the plastic touches is the raised outer frame around the screen which is the silver portion.

No problems typing at all except with the Option button, I have some problem pressing it, but it may be my fingernails causing it, I'm not sure. At any rate at $13 shipped I am happy with it. I have a Sena, an E&B Slipper case, the OEM treo snap on case and a skin and this one is my new favorite.
    Last edited by techprincesse; 04/05/2006 at 08:58 AM.

-=-=-
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    This looks interesting...TechPrincesse, which one did you get. The one in the first link or the other ones? It doesn't seem the other cases in the links below have a hard flip cover over the screenie?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions

I have this case also and for the same reasons.. To put my Treo on my purse without fear of it being scratched up. I prefer not to have a screen protector. The only complaint I have is that one side doesn't "match up" because I think it's actually made for the 600 and the 650 is a tad thicker at the top. I have dropped it and it's fine...The sides DO get in the way of typing just a tad and unless you're used to/good at 5 way nav, (which I am not) you need to flip up the screen and tap around - just a minor pain, but it's fine.. I love the protection. I payed like 9 bucks for mine with shipping on ebay. Love it!

Bek

by the way, my reason for this quote is because no, it won't scratch the Treo, it doesn't "rub".
    Bek
    SprintPCS Centro
    Great to hear Bek and Tech. I purchased a boxwave flexiskin and the cut outs were off, so they let me return it for a clear case no extra charge i will be shipping it out 2morrow and should have the clear case by next week.
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    Any problems typing? Looks like it's pretty close to the edge of the keys.

Otherwise, looks pretty nice. Just wonder about the case getting scuffed up though.
    Yes, I had trouble with the closeness of the case to the keys, particularly the option key. I'm a one handed user, and for this reason I have removed it after one day of use.

12.    #12  
    I actually got the one from ACCSTATION seller on eBay which is from the 3rd link. It doesnt look like it but all of them have the flip cover on the front even though the pics dont show otherwise, you have to look CLOSE... like squint where you see the flip tab on the front right above the 5-way pad. I went with ACCSTATION cause they had the most auctions for it and some good feedback and I got it within a week.

Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    This looks interesting...TechPrincesse, which one did you get. The one in the first link or the other ones? It doesn't seem the other cases in the links below have a hard flip cover over the screenie?

-=-=-
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    hey techprincess, does it "match up" like people above have said?
  14.    #14  
    Mine does match up perfectly which doesnt allow it to move in the case. One reason I went with a reputable seller. Cause this one looks identical to the one now being sold on the Boxwave site... and it was available a few months before boxwave had it.

Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    hey techprincess, does it "match up" like people above have said?

-=-=-
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Yeah I just ordered one from "accstation". Is that who you ordered from. But the feedback is misleading. It says 98% positive BUT 405 negative in the past month, 3206 negative in the past 6 months & 4963 negative in the past year?! I sure hopr I don't get screwed!!!
    160000 total sales in the last 6 months to get a 98% positive...

I really, really doubt that.. Something must be wrong with eBay's feedback.
  17.    #17  
    Well, they do have over 306,000 feedbacks from the date they joined which is December 2001... So they are a high volume seller, I beleive the numbers.

Currently they have over 21,000 items up for auction right now.

Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    160000 total sales in the last 6 months to get a 98% positive...

I really, really doubt that.. Something must be wrong with eBay's feedback.

-=-=-
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Holy crap... No wonder their feedback could be so high yet such a good percentage.. If they're banging out that many auctions they must screw stuff up sometimes.. I bet most of the bad feedback is slow/no ship or incorrect items shipped.

21k auctions at a time... That's crazy.
    yeah that is what is misleading. The negative ones fall through the cracks becus of the sheer number of auctions.
    I just ordered a bunch of stuuf for real cheap. 2 cents for hotsync cables, 99 cents for a car charger & home charger & holster. But what they don't tell you is when you combine shipping, the prices add up. for all of the above items, ground shipping is $13 which is BS cuz those are small items but all in all it is still cheaper than anywhere else. $14.08 shipped for 2 hotsync cables, a wall charger, a home charger & a holster. Can't beat that! We'll see how the quality is though...
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast