Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I just received my case from a seller on eBay and I do like it. Though I've gone back to my old leather one. When I was cleaning the screen protector I noticed the crackling of static electricity. Seems like a bad thing to have a case that could generate a static charge which could end up zapping the Treo. Has anyone else noticed this with their cases?
    So I'm guessing a bunch of the fleabay bulk sellers are peddling the same clear case. I recieved one and tried it out. The seller forgot to include the LCD plastic screen protector thingy, so I cannot comment on that.

I'm pretty much in agreement with serijules on most things except that my SD card is still prone to accidental ejection as the edge of the plastic is just below the bottom of the SD slot. I just had my SD card perform a circus flying trick abit ago, which like you is usually due to operator error (eg, wandering fingers) - but for me this is a real world concern.

Total agreement that the spare SD card holder/slot is absolutely worthless for the same exact reasons.

For a $6 case, it was an interesting experiment...

Quote Originally Posted by serijules
    I just got this case a few days ago and love it. My previous case was an aluminium variety that I really liked, but it doesn't fit the 650 as well as it did the 600 (the hole for the LED wasn't quite right and I couldn't see the LED unless I tilted it). Anyhow, this case fits near perfect....I love the screen protector design and all the cutouts are in the right place. The only "gap" I find is right above the side volumn button at the top left edge. Not sure why there is a gap there as the case is snapped in securely, but it doesn't seem to be an issue.

I haven't had too much trouble with the keys by the edge of the case. There IS a noticable difference in how I access them, but once I got used to it, no problem for me.

My SD card hasn't popped out, nor do I really see how it could with this case. The cutout on the top of the case that allows access to the mute switch and the SD slot has a rim that goes right up snugly against one side of the slot. In other words...you have to work a little harder to get the card to eject. My problem with the SD card ejecting always had to do with my finger/hand/object laying flat across the card and adding pressure would eject it. It is much harder for this to happen with this case as the pressure applied would not be even unless you very specifically apply even pressure. The rim prevents that from accidently happening, at least in my experience the last few days.

My only compaints about this case would be its ability to pop open if dropped. I solved this by adding a piece of packaging tape along the sides, neatly cut. It isn't very noticable and is worth my peace of mind.

Oh, and the SD carry slot is stupid not only because of the contacts out issue, but because you can't remove the card if the belt clip screw is in. I don't carry an extra card so no matter to me.

I wouldn't think this would be a great case for someone that is prone to dropping their phone a lot or some such. I think of it more of a "scratches and bumps" kind of protection than a "drop and kick" kind.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I haven't had any problems with my SD card popping out - either with my Vaja and Alum cases. I did drop my phone once and the crystal case did come apart. I have the flip cover and haven't tried to remove it - don't want to. The case squeaks a bit.

all in all this case works for me as I mentioned before.
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    Just got one of these clear cases a couple of days ago....

Like a lot of folks, I've got a bit of a case addiction: original Palm leather, Piel Frama, aluminum, magnesium, a silicone skin and a Vaja that I've been using for about nine months.

I really liked the Vaja but - the dye is really starting to look shabby, I've had to put felt spacers in 'cause it loosened up, and it was starting to make scuff marks on my Treo.

$100 vs $13 (inc. shipping) for the cyrstal clear - and I'm really happy with the clear. If it gets scratched or whatever - I pretty easily afford another!
    Palm Vx => M505 => M515 => T =>T3 =>T5 =>Treo 650 => Treo 700P (Verizon)
    Yeah I like it a lot. You can't beat the price either! The only problem I see it the case itslf somehow muffles or absorbs the volume of ringer, system sounds etc. Also when I am on the phone, it seems I have to turn the volume way up in order to hear... Oh well.
    A newer model of the crystal hard case has been reviewed over Treonauts. Based on this review, I ordered the recommended case / holster combination from the TreoCentral store and should have it in hand this Friday.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    My only real adjustement is having to take the phone out of the clear case to fit it into the cradle at night to charge. Otherwise I really like mines. Especially the flip up door on the lcd. Just have to be careful it doesn't get scratched in my purse.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    I really like mine and since it's so inexpensive, I don't have to worry about it getting messed up like with my Vaja.
    I just saw the one on Treonauts without the beltclip. Has anyone found it for cheap on ebay? I only see the ones with the clips. Maybe they'll show up in a few weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    I just saw the one on Treonauts without the beltclip. Has anyone found it for cheap on ebay? I only see the ones with the clips. Maybe they'll show up in a few weeks.
    $7.89 at Amazon
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by cgordonn
    A newer model of the crystal hard case has been reviewed over Treonauts. Based on this review, I ordered the recommended case / holster combination from the TreoCentral store and should have it in hand this Friday.
    Has anyone figured out a way around the $20 expedited shipping to the UK yet? It's a little steep for a $20 product...
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    Thanks Franko!http://img126.exs.cx/img126/997/36_1_11.gif
    Hey anyone find the newer, slim model on Ebay? I want it cheaper than $7.89 :-)
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    Hmm, it seems like the slim model (no beltclip and SD storage) does not have a screen protector built in. I wish someone will make a crystal clear case similar to the one in the original post (which, btw, is similar to the ones sold by Boxwave and Proporta) but without the SD/beltclip. I really like the screen protector option.
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    wow that new case does look pretty slick! i'm going to order the smoke one, but too bad they don't make an all black case. that would be awesome
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yOyOYoo
    wow that new case does look pretty slick! i'm going to order the smoke one, but too bad they don't make an all black case. that would be awesome
    If you mean the Amazon one, the description says it is clear and not smoke.
    Safety and happiness can only come from individuals, classes, and nations being honest and fair and kind to each other.
    - C.S. Lewis
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    no I mean the treonauts one. btw is the amazon one the exact same as the treonauts one or a knockoff?
    i looked yesterday and I do not believe the ones on Amazon are the thin 1mm case like Smartphone Experts is offering - and was reviewed by Treonauts.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change - Darwin
    Well, I received my crystal case / seidio skinned holster today...and am not overly impressed. While a recent Treonauts review and the recent TreoCentral newsletter have proclaimed the two a great combo...I am left wanting.

I am relatively happy with the crystal case. Its provides a nice alternative to a silicone skin. What I am displeased about is the way the crystal case outfitted Treo fits into the holster. It is not a secure fit. This model of seidio holster has a spring loaded top clip. The crystal case outfitted Treo has a bit of a buldge at the top front speaker, this buldge prevents the Treo from sitting flush at the top of the holster. Because the Treo is not flush at the top, the spring loaded clip does not hold the top of the Treo securely. Only a razor thin edge of the clip comes into contact with the top of the Treo. One good bump, and your Treo will pop out of the holster and hit the ground. If the clip were a bit longer and deeper to compensate for the buldge, it would be much more secure.

How Treonauts and TreoCentral could recommend this combo is beyond me. IMHO, this combo is not a safe and secure means of wearing your Treo and I cant recommend this combo to anyone.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    Well, I received my crystal case / seidio skinned holster today...and am not overly impressed. While a recent Treonauts review and the recent TreoCentral newsletter have proclaimed the two a great combo...I am left wanting.

I am relatively happy with the crystal case. Its provides a nice alternative to a silicone skin. What I am displeased about is the way the crystal case outfitted Treo fits into the holster. It is not a secure fit. This model of seidio holster has a spring loaded top clip. The crystal case outfitted Treo has a bit of a buldge at the top front speaker, this buldge prevents the Treo from sitting flush at the top of the holster. Because the Treo is not flush at the top, the spring loaded clip does not hold the top of the Treo securely. Only a razor thin edge of the clip comes into contact with the top of the Treo. One good bump, and your Treo will pop out of the holster and hit the ground. If the clip were a bit longer and deeper to compensate for the buldge, it would be much more secure.

How Treonauts and TreoCentral could recommend this combo is beyond me. IMHO, this combo is not a safe and secure means of wearing your Treo and I cant recommend this combo to anyone.
    Does anyone else have similar experience with the holster? I was seriously considering getting this case until reading this.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast