Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Can anyonr find an OEM "versacharger" (like the one boxwave sells) on Ebay? It is a car charger & wall charger in one & you have to attach a separate hotsync cable.
    Thanks to your enthusiasm Techprincess, I just received my crystal case yesterday. The fit and finish for the Treo itself is excellent, the cutouts are fine and it does not move within the case.

One issue though, I was excited b/c the pictures indicate it has an SD card slot the back of the battery case. However, there is no way I can get a card to actually fit into the slot, whether or not I have the belt clip post screwed in or not.

This is annoying, but for 12 bucks, I quess I cant complain too much b/c it looks great and will easily slide into a pocket if I don't want to use the belt clip.
    So far, the typing is not a real issue, but it is a little restricting to reach the side keys. I'll probably get used to it.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    The really cheap stuff on ebay is cheese. No doubt about that.
  4.    #24  
    Yeah I dont have a need to carry additional SD cards so the slot at the back was useless for me. I keep one of my SD cards at home for backup purposes in case my phone gets lost or stolen.

Glad someone else could confirm the case fits perfect! =)

Quote Originally Posted by rinkeedink
    Thanks to your enthusiasm Techprincess, I just received my crystal case yesterday. The fit and finish for the Treo itself is excellent, the cutouts are fine and it does not move within the case.

One issue though, I was excited b/c the pictures indicate it has an SD card slot the back of the battery case. However, there is no way I can get a card to actually fit into the slot, whether or not I have the belt clip post screwed in or not.

This is annoying, but for 12 bucks, I quess I cant complain too much b/c it looks great and will easily slide into a pocket if I don't want to use the belt clip.
    So far, the typing is not a real issue, but it is a little restricting to reach the side keys. I'll probably get used to it.

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Hi,
    I order via ebay from Summitimage which costed $13.47 ($6 + $7 shipping). I've had it for a week...the fit is tight (no movement), all the openings fit great. I did notice that if you invert your SD card, it will fit in the slot holder but the connectors are exposed. It's a bit difficult getting it out once you get your SD card in there. I've stored my MMD card with the connectors facing inwards and with no struggles getting it out. Since I put my phone in my purse, it's not a great idea to store an SD card like that. I don't have any problems accessing the keys/buttons and the rocker button. The cover over the screen is a bit scratched up (probably from being in a purse) but it doesn't deter viewing what's on the screen. It's still very clear. It's nice to be able to look at my phone versus having it all covered up (Vaja and my Aluminium case). A nice visual break. All-in-all, its a great case.
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    Quote Originally Posted by simba
    Hi,
    I did notice that if you invert your SD card, it will fit in the slot holder but the connectors are exposed. It's a bit difficult getting it out once you get your SD card in there. I've stored my MMD card with the connectors facing inwards and with no struggles getting it out. Since I put my phone in my purse, it's not a great idea to store an SD card like that.
    Yeah, your right it does work. But it is not an easy fit, leading my to think it will do damage to the card sooner rather than later, and having the contacts exposed is always a bad idea.
    Ok I got the case & I love it. By far my favorite case yet. The fit is perfect although it is a bit heavier that I am used to. The only nehative thing is that dang sd card slot. I ended up breaking the little lock tab off of the card & I can no longer delete any files from the card. No matter as I am getting a new card anyway. Other than that, me likey!
    Can't slide it with a pin or anything, or did it come completely out of the card? Yikes.

Sounds like the SD slot should simply be completely avoided!
  9.    #29  
    Yeah the SD card slot being reversed was poor design... Kind of like when Palm had the SD slot reversed in the Treo600 and everyone complained that it should be reversed so you can see the front of the SD card when inserting it into the slot instead of looking at the contacts. That was remedied in the Treo 650, maybe this case will have an overhaul eventually as well...

Mine is still going strong! My screen is not scratched at all and i throw mine in my purse all the time, maybe cause I put it in a side pocket?

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    I just ordered a bunch of stuuf for real cheap. 2 cents for hotsync cables, 99 cents for a car charger & home charger & holster. But what they don't tell you is when you combine shipping, the prices add up. for all of the above items, ground shipping is $13 which is BS cuz those are small items but all in all it is still cheaper than anywhere else. $14.08 shipped for 2 hotsync cables, a wall charger, a home charger & a holster. Can't beat that! We'll see how the quality is though...
    Hey TreoNeo.... How did everything else that you ordered work? Just got the 650 so I'm ready to stock up on supplies!
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    I just got this case too. I love the way it looks. Much better then a silicone skin. Now I can stick my phone in my pocket with my keys or loose change without worryyng the screen will get beat up. Much easier sliding in and out of my pocket also.

For some reason my phone does move ever so slightly in the case if I put pressure on the unprotected bottom of the phone. It slides up maybe a millimeter. I do find that the plastic sqeaks alittle when grabbed tightly. Like the battery cover on the treo without a dollar bill or something in it to tighten it up. All in all its a great case for 12 bucks.

Usually have my skinned treo in a pouch case while working. I tried to put it on my belt using the clip for a day and it is very secure, but I prefer a pouch case. Unfortunatly the new cystal case does not fit in my krussel horizontec. So now I gotta find a pouch that will fit this case.

The never ending treo case search continues.
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    Some Qs:

1. As per some of the replies, it's hard to tell if all those ebay vendors are selling the same case with screen protectors or not. So those that have them with the screen protector, is it easy to remove it (and put it back)?

2. Looks like the SD slot is wide open and easily accessible with these cases... and I know other case threads bring up discussions about having some protection on the SD slot to prevent accidental ejection and/or loss. For those with this case and this is a concern, did you do anything to it to minimize the chance of this happening?

I stopped using my Vaja case long ago because there were too many times I almost lost my SD cards due to accidental ejection. And using tape to keep the SD card in just did not compliment the asthetics of the treo+vaja

3. others mentioned that the plastic is too close to the edge of keys... another reason I stopped using my Vaja. Any owners of these cases felt the need to dremel to increase key accessibility?
    Quote Originally Posted by patord
    Some Qs:

1. As per some of the replies, it's hard to tell if all those ebay vendors are selling the same case with screen protectors or not. So those that have them with the screen protector, is it easy to remove it (and put it back)?

2. Looks like the SD slot is wide open and easily accessible with these cases... and I know other case threads bring up discussions about having some protection on the SD slot to prevent accidental ejection and/or loss. For those with this case and this is a concern, did you do anything to it to minimize the chance of this happening?

I stopped using my Vaja case long ago because there were too many times I almost lost my SD cards due to accidental ejection. And using tape to keep the SD card in just did not compliment the asthetics of the treo+vaja

3. others mentioned that the plastic is too close to the edge of keys... another reason I stopped using my Vaja. Any owners of these cases felt the need to dremel to increase key accessibility?
    1. My case has the flip up screen protector that Techprincesse described. It can be scratched if you have keys or other hard objects in the same pocket. It takes enough force to flip it up so that it won't likely flip up by itself, I have not tried to totally remove it if that is your question.

2. I have only used it to carry my spare SD card once, b/c as noted above, the design requires the contacts to be exposed to fit into the slots. However, it does seem secure once placed. I considered the tape option also to protect the contacts, but aesthetically didnt want to do it.

3. Dremmeling is a possibility looking at the case, but I would be very careful grinding it down b/c the case only rises about a mm or two. I would also be concerned about ruining the appearance of the case. That said, I have gotten use to the position of the case and type fine with it.

Has anyone else noticed that the case attracts pocket lint?
    One other thing of import: I dropped my treo in the case twice today. Once, off my bed onto a hard wood floor. The result: The case popped apart and the phone completely came out. No visible damage to the phone or case.
    Second, onto a carpet from chair height in my office. The result: Same, case popped apart and phone hit the floor.

Althougth I am normally more surehanded, this makes me a little concerned for potential damage to the phone/case from drops on harder surfaces. But damn, this is a nice looking case.
    This crystal hard case looks so nice, I am afraid I am going to scratch it up. Does anyone have any suggestions for a side load case to hold the Treo while it is in this case?
    I got the two sync n charge cables, wall charger, car charger, hybrid headphones & holster. everything seems fine. I use the headphones a lot & they sound as good as the palm hybrids I had. I have yet to use the other stuff but it all seems worth it for sure. the only problem I have is the case seems to muffle the ringtone somewhat. the back speaker is open but it seems like the whole case absorbs the sound! can anyone confirm?
    I just got this case a few days ago and love it. My previous case was an aluminium variety that I really liked, but it doesn't fit the 650 as well as it did the 600 (the hole for the LED wasn't quite right and I couldn't see the LED unless I tilted it). Anyhow, this case fits near perfect....I love the screen protector design and all the cutouts are in the right place. The only "gap" I find is right above the side volumn button at the top left edge. Not sure why there is a gap there as the case is snapped in securely, but it doesn't seem to be an issue.

I haven't had too much trouble with the keys by the edge of the case. There IS a noticable difference in how I access them, but once I got used to it, no problem for me.

My SD card hasn't popped out, nor do I really see how it could with this case. The cutout on the top of the case that allows access to the mute switch and the SD slot has a rim that goes right up snugly against one side of the slot. In other words...you have to work a little harder to get the card to eject. My problem with the SD card ejecting always had to do with my finger/hand/object laying flat across the card and adding pressure would eject it. It is much harder for this to happen with this case as the pressure applied would not be even unless you very specifically apply even pressure. The rim prevents that from accidently happening, at least in my experience the last few days.

My only compaints about this case would be its ability to pop open if dropped. I solved this by adding a piece of packaging tape along the sides, neatly cut. It isn't very noticable and is worth my peace of mind.

Oh, and the SD carry slot is stupid not only because of the contacts out issue, but because you can't remove the card if the belt clip screw is in. I don't carry an extra card so no matter to me.

I wouldn't think this would be a great case for someone that is prone to dropping their phone a lot or some such. I think of it more of a "scratches and bumps" kind of protection than a "drop and kick" kind.
    Just found these cases on Ebay today and came here to see if anyone's tried them. BINGO

I wanted more protection for my new Replacement to preserve it and avoid the scuffs and wear and tear.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Twice I have found that my SD card tried to escape as well but thanks to Sena case it cannot go anywhere. There is a little strap that protects against SD card pop-outs.
    Very thoughtful design.
    Anyone use this with a Treo 700?

Waiting for the 700p release and want to have a case waiting when I get one

Most of the ebay auctions advertise that their case can be used with the 600/650/700, isn't the form-factor slightly different?
    HP95LX--->Palm m130--->Palm Zire71--->Treo 700P --->Palm Pré
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast