1.    #1  
    Has anyone tried the H605 with the 650? (With 1.20?) I found nothing in a search.
    I'm waiting on a review regarding this as well. I found a brief one on howardforums.com, but nothing definitive. Would love to see who is brave enough to be the guinea pig... crossing my fingers that this headset can be a winner.
  3.    #3  
    Are there any brick & mortar stores the have it? Best Buy, Comp USA, etc?
  4.    #4  
    Anyone tried this headset yet? Any stores carry it?
    G4 1.5Ghz 12" Powerbook. Cingular branded 650 with Palm unbranded firmware.
    Quote Originally Posted by estim8r
    Anyone tried this headset yet? Any stores carry it?
    As far as I know, no B&M store has it yet. The only places that I have seen are internet places (and to be honest, I'm not quite sure anyone has the version with the US AC plug for charging). I have only seen units advertised with the UK plug (though I do not know what the TC version is like).

Moppet52
    Hey I am thinking about getting this one for my Treo 650 but nobody has tried this yet huh.
    Treo 90>>>Clie T615>>>ppc viewsonic V36>>>UX50+128MB+TH55>>>SE P900>>>Treo650+256mb+512mbSD>>>Cingular 8525+1gb>>>Current Palm Centro+2gb & AT&T Tilt+2gb
    damn someone has to take the plunge..
    I just bought that Moto H605. I will write a review once I got it.
    Treo 90>>>Clie T615>>>ppc viewsonic V36>>>UX50+128MB+TH55>>>SE P900>>>Treo650+256mb+512mbSD>>>Cingular 8525+1gb>>>Current Palm Centro+2gb & AT&T Tilt+2gb
    Quote Originally Posted by mutantblack
    I just bought that Moto H605. I will write a review once I got it.
    Looking forward to it.
    hurry hurry please!
    I have an HS-805 (the one that takes an AAA battery) and it works very well. Love the AAA battery. If it dies, just put in another battery.

The only problem is that every now and then, but only on certain calls, the call will mysteriously transfer back to the handset, even tho the battery's good. You will have to press the button to get the call back on the headset, but once this happens, the call will transfer back to the handset about every 5 minutes and you'll have to press the button again. I am not sure what causes this because I have been on calls for hours at a time and this has never happened on most of them.

I can repeat this problem if I turn off the HS805, place a call, start talking on the handset, then turn on the HS805, press the button to transfer the call to the HS805...just about every time I am guaranteed that the call will transferback to the treo every 5 min. for the duration of that call. Automatically-initiated headset transfers rarely seem to suffer from this problem (maybe one call every 2 weeks).

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    That's great but we need a review on the H605...
    I finally got my Motorola HS605. Looks very nice indeed. Comes with the US Charger. Now I am charging it. I will write the review once it's fully charged. For now, here's some pictures of it.
    http://img468.imageshack.us/img468/5...e0050fm.th.jpghttp://img124.imageshack.us/img124/7...e0041rs.th.jpg
    Note that it comes with US charger.
    http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/4...e0066bm.th.jpg
    Close up
    http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/2...e0088nv.th.jpghttp://img124.imageshack.us/img124/6...e0097tq.th.jpg
    On my ear. Very comfortable once you get it on. A little need to adjust to make it comfortable.
    http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/2...e0120po.th.jpg

All the pictures are viewable in bigger size.
    Last edited by mutantblack; 03/16/2006 at 01:24 PM.
    Ok. Now here is the review. I was impress with the almost instant connect when a phone call come in. Static is almost a bit there. Good range. I was driving like 80mph and I can still hear ok just ok. The other side can hear my voice clearly. I wish it comes with in ear like jabra does so I can hear loud enough. Everything is working pretty good until it goes into standby mode(sleep mode to conserve the battery power). Supposely, it will go into sleep mode after 5 minutes but still working standby. When in the sleep mode, when there's a call, my treo is not transfering to the headset or the headset is not waking up. So I have to turn it on manually and when the headset is on, the call is already missed. That's bad. I can't just stand that. So now, it's for sale.
    I purchased this online and received it yesterday. I'm very disappointed - static is noticeable unless the phone is within about 2 feet of my ear. This seems to be a common complaint, I suspect it's really the Treo's BT antenna that sucks.

Anyway, the headset is quite comfortable and sound quality is good on both ends. Haven't had any experience with wind.

The real annoyance with this headset is that it goes into what they call "standby mode" (I call it powered off mode) after 5 minutes of inactivity. Apparently with Motorola phones, when the phone rings it sends a signal to wake up the h605, but the Treo doesn't do that. And no, you can't disable "standby mode".

So when it is in standby and your phone rings, you have to answer the phone old-school style, since it's impossible to power the damn headset up in time.

Returning mine TOMORROW. :-(
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Hey Fellow Treo Users,

I just bought the Moto H605. I bought it for TWO reasons. The first one was because it was cool looking. The second was because TreoCentral advertises that it works with the Treo 650. BUT IT DOESN'T!!!

I read the replies in this chat thread. The reason why WE are ALL having the same problems is that the 650 is not communitcating properly with the H605. The headset does not detect the phone, so it goes into "Sleep Mode". Which really sucks if you're in a noisey area and can't hear your phone ring. The headset won't ring, because its off, and you'll miss the call.

Once again, the REAL people that has screwed us is Palm. They have made the 650 so that it is only compatable with a select few BT headsets.

If there is a way to turn off this Sleep Mode on the H605, it seems to work pretty well, except it auto-answers the phone. Which sucks if you didn't intend to answer it!! I am VERY disappointed, because I REALLY like this headset. Its new on the market and only a few people have it!!

The only BT headset that I found to work OKAY, is the Plantronics Voyager 510. BUT, it has a 2-3 second delay in its connection to the 650, so you have to be patient with it. But it does not go into Sleep Mode.

If anyone finds out any info on how to turn off the Sleep Mode, it would be worth keeping! Otherwise, I may end up returning it, and going back to the Voyager 510.

You can Hit Me Up on IM if you want to chat.

BadBoyBri
    My Plantronics headset died yesterday (can't say I was sad, I was itching to buy a new one anyway!). I was going to purchase a Jabra BT500, but the store I went to sold out. They did have the Motorola H605 though. I didn't know much about the device, so the store owner opened one up, charged it a bit, and let me sync it. It worked perfectly, so I bought it.

About an hour later I ran into the "standby mode problem" that everyone mentioned. I was going to return the headset tomorrow, but first I tried pairing it using the "Car Kit" option rather than the "Headset" option. That was only about an hour ago, but so far so good. I'll post again with final results...

I love the 2 hour charge time!!!
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    The H605 DEFINITELY works when you choose the "Car Kit" option while pairing. I think I'm running into another problem though. The two devices seem to be in constant communication, which drains my Treo extremely fast!!!

Can anyone confirm that information is constantly exchanged in "Car Kit" mode???
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    First time poster, short time listener. Bought Motorola H605from TreoCentral, tried it yesterday, hate it today. Tremendous static when my Treo is on my hip. Now 0-2, as I first bought a Plantronics 320 (incompatible) followed by this underwhelming bit of technology. By the way, it is cool looking, as long as you are willing to hold your Treo a foot away. I just want one that works. Can anyone recommend an alternative?