Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    From the VoiceDialIt folks

http://www.voiceit-tech.com/product.php?product_id=53

"VoiceNavIt™ is the first application for the PalmOS that allows custom personalization of your Palm Powered™ Treo 600™, 650™ smartphone or LifeDrive™ mobile manager with the time management capability of macros (or shortcuts). With VoiceNavIt™, you can launch your favorite application and execute a series of commands with your keystrokes or stylus actions. The state of the art voice command and control plus system-wide macro recording and playback inside of VoiceNavIt™ gives you the capabilities of voice navigation execution for common tasks such as speeding up text entry to automating the execution of a series of actions. Time management of your Treo™ 600, 650 or LifeDrive™ has never been easier!"
    Has anyone tried this? It looks very interesting.

Dana
    Dana A. Max, Psy.D.
    Licensed Psychologist
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, Palm m515, Treo 650, Centro
    Looks pretty cool. But where's the trial version??
    No Trial, no Try...
  5.    #5  
    I wuz wondering if they rushed it out like that w/o a trial to try and get a jump on Voice Dial's upcoming Suite release....speaking of which....wasn't that supossed to come out in February ?
    PalmGear has a trial version available. The trial limits you to 5 voice commands. PalmGear VoiceNavIt

I downloaded it from there last night and have been playing with it today. It works surprisingly well. I'm not sure if I want to pay $29.95 though. I already have a paid version of another voice launcher app that I never use because the voice recognition is hit or miss everywhere except in the quietest of rooms. VoiceNavIt's recognition does seem to be much more accurate. I'm going to continue testing it for a few more days.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by usskaos1
    I'm not sure if I want to pay $29.95 though. I already have a paid version of another voice launcher app that I never use because the voice recognition is hit or miss everywhere except in the quietest of rooms. VoiceNavIt's recognition does seem to be much more accurate. I'm going to continue testing it for a few more days.
    My trial with VoiceDial lasted all of 15 minutes before I signed up. According to their web site, VSuite 2.0 is alreday out.

http://www.voicesignal.com/products/.../treo_650.html
  8.    #8  
    Coincidentally enough, I just received a copy of the VoiceSignal VSuite 2 beta 3.

After starting this thread I went searching on VoiceDial .... after reading Yahoo hit 54, an e-mail exchange later beta 3 arrived. All I can say is that VoiceDial is so freakin kew-el I can't believe I am this excited about it.

I have asked what info I can reveal and will follow up with whatever I am allowed to reveal, if anything. In the meantime I would hold on to ...well whatever works for you .... cause as my ole grandpa would say .... this thing is the "cat's pajamas"
    I downloaded the trial version of voicenavit on palm gear and my treo 650 engaged in the following behavior:

1. After each macro was added it would soft reset.
    2. The phone delays after each macro is accomplishhed. Possibly it would be quicker to push the mail button to access mail etc.

Overall I was hoping for more. I think this is a cool idea. Hopefully it is just the user cause this could be a great app.

I was also wondering how you can add a series of commands "with keystrokes or stylus commands."
    Quote Originally Posted by timdofa
    I downloaded the trial version of voicenavit on palm gear and my treo 650 engaged in the following behavior:

1. After each macro was added it would soft reset.
    2. The phone delays after each macro is accomplishhed. Possibly it would be quicker to push the mail button to access mail etc.

Overall I was hoping for more. I think this is a cool idea. Hopefully it is just the user cause this could be a great app.

I was also wondering how you can add a series of commands "with keystrokes or stylus commands."
    I haven't had any resets while using VoiceNavIt's trial version. I'm running a Cingular branded, unlocked, Treo 650 with 1.17 firmware.

You can speed up the execution of the macro by unchecking all of the 3 checkboxes on the first Settings screen. This removes the voice prompts and command echos. It also turns off the "delay" function so that the macro runs as quickly as possible.

Regarding the keystrokes or stylus commands, all that means is that you can use any of your regular manual input methods (e.g. keyboard, D-pad, 4 application buttons, Menu soft key, or the touchscreen) as part of your macro string. Just press the "Record App Events" button to start the macro recording, enter your combination of manual inputs, then press the "Home" soft key to exit the macro recording mode.

So far, I'm pleased with the way this app works. But, I still need to do some more testing in noisier environments (busy restaurant, riding on a train, etc.) before I'm willing to plunk down my $30.
    What's the difference between VoiceNavit and VSuite 2? I can't even find VSuite to download. How much is VSuite?
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Coincidentally enough, I just received a copy of the VoiceSignal VSuite 2 beta 3.

After starting this thread I went searching on VoiceDial .... after reading Yahoo hit 54, an e-mail exchange later beta 3 arrived. All I can say is that VoiceDial is so freakin kew-el I can't believe I am this excited about it.

I have asked what info I can reveal and will follow up with whatever I am allowed to reveal, if anything. In the meantime I would hold on to ...well whatever works for you .... cause as my ole grandpa would say .... this thing is the "cat's pajamas"
    You've got me confused. You are talking about two different products by two different companies. Which one are you using and recommend?
    Quote Originally Posted by usskaos1
    I haven't had any resets while using VoiceNavIt's trial version. I'm running a Cingular branded, unlocked, Treo 650 with 1.17 firmware.

You can speed up the execution of the macro by unchecking all of the 3 checkboxes on the first Settings screen. This removes the voice prompts and command echos. It also turns off the "delay" function so that the macro runs as quickly as possible.

Regarding the keystrokes or stylus commands, all that means is that you can use any of your regular manual input methods (e.g. keyboard, D-pad, 4 application buttons, Menu soft key, or the touchscreen) as part of your macro string. Just press the "Record App Events" button to start the macro recording, enter your combination of manual inputs, then press the "Home" soft key to exit the macro recording mode.

So far, I'm pleased with the way this app works. But, I still need to do some more testing in noisier environments (busy restaurant, riding on a train, etc.) before I'm willing to plunk down my $30.
    Alright, I am trying VoiceNav, but having trouble with exiting the macro. I am trying to set up a macro for a phone call. I use the favorites button and when the phone starts to ring, I hit the home key. But when I run the macro, it won't dial, it just shuts off the screen. Any ideas? The application looks pretty good otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost
    Alright, I am trying VoiceNav, but having trouble with exiting the macro. I am trying to set up a macro for a phone call. I use the favorites button and when the phone starts to ring, I hit the home key. But when I run the macro, it won't dial, it just shuts off the screen. Any ideas? The application looks pretty good otherwise.
    I have two macros set up to dial favorites from the Phone application. It seems to work fine for me. It even dials the extra digits for my home voicemail password. The way I did it was to choose the Phone app from the list on VoiceNavIt, type in a name for the new command, create the voice command, begin the macro recording which launches the Phone app, use the D-Pad to navigate down one spot, use my stylus to choose the favorite further down the page (fewer key presses to record than repeatedly pressing the D-pad), wait for the connection to complete, then exit the macro mode by pressing the Home key.
    Okay, it's looking better. I was using ZLauncher and when I pressed the home key, it went to ZL. I exited ZL and just set up VoiceNav from the Palm Applications. Working pretty good.
  16.    #16  
    What's the difference between VoiceNavit and VSuite 2? I can't even find VSuite to download. How much is VSuite?
    To my understanding, VoiceNavit and VoiceDialIt are "training based" solution. You record yourself saying something, it identifies a voiceprint of that with a task that you identify. It sees that print again, it does what you want. You have a cold or your wife borrows the phone and it doesn't work.

A Free 14 day trial of VoiceDial by VoiceSignal come swith the 650. My trial lasted 15 minutes before I bought it ($19.99). VD by Voice Signal is not training based so you save yourself hours of that activity. Anyone who picks up the phone and says "Dial Grandma" and the phone dials Grandma....well my grandma on my phone, your on your phone To my mind and experience, this is a far superior alternative.

You can get the 14 day Trail of version 1.1 at:

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...cedialing.html

What I am using now is VoiceDial's successor VSuite 2.0 which is in beta 3. It combines the features of VoiceDialIt and VoiceNavIt but requires no training. Install it and it just works. Not sure how much I am allowed to reveal but I will say that in addition to the "call <name > < location>" command from Voice Siganl's "Voice Dial", it adds four more commands. Let's just say that, it's a given that one opens applications and 2 others are for alternate means of communicating with people of which your Treo is capable.

See the Best App Combo Ever thread for more info.

The VoiceSignal site lists this software as being available but they only sell to OEM's such as Palm. Motrola and Nokia have some phones out with it on it but Palm seems to be dragging their ****.
  17.    #17  
    You've got me confused. You are talking about two different products by two different companies. Which one are you using and recommend?
    I started the thread announcing the availability of VoiceNav. This is made by VoiceIt Technologies. They have several products which many Treo Central Users have reported using:

http://www.voiceit-tech.com/products.php

VoiceSecureIt 1.2 ($24.95) - "VoiceSecureIt™ is the first Voice Biometric solution for the PalmOS® Platform (PalmOS Devices that support the Extended 5.2 Sound API). It enables the user to secure their device with just their voice print phrase."

VoiceDialIt 1.1 ($24.95) - VoiceDialIt™ is the premier voice dialing application for the Treo™ 600 and Treo™ 50 smartphone. This simple-to-use application allows you to dial your existing contacts with ease by simply stating their name. Within minutes you can train contacts and start dialing with your voice.

VoicenavIt ($29.95) - VoiceNavIt™ is the most versatile, powerful, and timesaving application provided for your Treo™ or LifeDrive™ devices. This simple to Use Voice Command and Control application with macro recording and playback allows you to automate your most common tasks with your voice command for the utmost in convenience. Just a simple voice command can retrieve your emails, create new tasks, open your calendar and switch between views, take - save – send a picture, launch your favorite PalmOS application and much, much more. The possibilities are as endless as your imagination.

The other player in this market is VoiceDial 1.1 by VoiceSignal ($19.99). Treo Owners got the 14 day trrial in the box either as a card or on the Software CD. Otherwise you can access it here:

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...cedialing.html

When I saw VoiceNav announcemwent it made me wonder how the beta was progressing of VoiceSignal's VSuite 2.0. There's several threads her on the TC boards about this. As I said previously, my version 1.1 trial lasted only 15 minutes before I bought it and I am a regsitered customer of VoiceSignal. Coincidentally enough, shortly thereafter I received an e-mail asking me to try out Beta 3. It also has only a 14 day trial period and am just praying that it is released before the period expires as, to borrow words from Charleton Heston, "you're gonna have to pry it outta my cold dead hands".

The beauty of the Voice Signal Software is that it is working seconds after you install it. It reads your contacts and applications database and then uses universal text / speech algorithms to see what you are saying....so no training necessary.

As for which to choose, I'd suggest that you try both. Don't know what VSuite is gonna cost as it has more functionality than the previous $19.99 version from VoiceSignal. You are gonne spend $50 to get both Call and Application functionality for the VoiceIt folks. OTOH, since you are writing custom macros for every action you can probably get some expanded functionality though you will essentially have to "program" or "pre record" each action.
    I have been trying VoiceNav and I am in super impressed. It's basically a voice activated macro. So if you think about it, the possibilities are unlimited. For example, you could set up a voice command for a certain web page. You could do one for a pre-completed sms to a particular person. You could set one to go to PocketTunes, go to your playlists, and select an album and play it, with one voice command.

So far, it works good in the car while holding the Treo on my lap. Once you do a few macros, it is very easy to use. Sold for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    My trial with VoiceDial lasted all of 15 minutes before I signed up. According to their web site, VSuite 2.0 is alreday out.

http://www.voicesignal.com/products/.../treo_650.html
    Where can one get VSuite for the 650? The link above just takes you to an information page.
    For those of you with the latest vSuite 2.0 Beta version, can it do complicated macro recordings like VoiceNavIt? For example, I have recorded macros in NavIt to enable/disable the automatic lock at power off feature located in the OEM Security app. Can vSuite handle automated execution of items like touchscreen presses and password text entries with a single voice command?

I'm looking for something that will launch any app that I have loaded on my Treo (not just the Phone app) and then execute a customized series of commands within that application. Will vSuite 2.0 fit the bill?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast