Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    Where can one get VSuite for the 650? The link above just takes you to an information page.
    You can't get it, it's still in beta.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by usskaos1
    For those of you with the latest vSuite 2.0 Beta version, can it do complicated macro recordings like VoiceNavIt? For example, I have recorded macros in NavIt to enable/disable the automatic lock at power off feature located in the OEM Security app. Can vSuite handle automated execution of items like touchscreen presses and password text entries with a single voice command?

I'm looking for something that will launch any app that I have loaded on my Treo (not just the Phone app) and then execute a customized series of commands within that application. Will vSuite 2.0 fit the bill?
    If you want to just spend six seconds loading something and then have it functional immediately, VoiceDial / VSuite is your thing. It will initiate contact with anyone on your contacts via Voice (1.1), SMS (2.0), e-mail (2.0) or just look up their contact info (2.0). It will also autolaunch any program or web site via Sharklinks. There is no "training" involved in any manner, shape or form and this will work when you have a head cold or if your kids , wife or anyone else uses the thing.

Now if you want to Load Uninstall Manager, navigate to the SoftReset option and soft reset your Treo, you can record that as a macro and launch it via a spoken command with VoiceNav. But each and every task you do will have to be trained and recorded separately. If you have a cold, or anyone else tries those same things , it won't work. From the description of VoiceDialIt, it would seem that if you want to call a lot of different contacts via voice commands, then you talking a lot of different macros.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think VoiceDial only works with the native Palm contacts. If you are using something like KeyContacts, which uses a separate database, it won't pick up your contacts. You are correct that each command with VoiceNav does require a separate setup, but it is pretty easy to setup and use.
    I'm having a little trouble getting the side button to stay active on VoiceNav. It seems to work for a while and then doesn't. If anyone else tries it, post your experience with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    If you want to just spend six seconds loading something and then have it functional immediately, VoiceDial / VSuite is your thing. It will initiate contact with anyone on your contacts via Voice (1.1), SMS (2.0), e-mail (2.0) or just look up their contact info (2.0). It will also autolaunch any program or web site via Sharklinks. There is no "training" involved in any manner, shape or form and this will work when you have a head cold or if your kids , wife or anyone else uses the thing.

Now if you want to Load Uninstall Manager, navigate to the SoftReset option and soft reset your Treo, you can record that as a macro and launch it via a spoken command with VoiceNav. But each and every task you do will have to be trained and recorded separately. If you have a cold, or anyone else tries those same things , it won't work. From the description of VoiceDialIt, it would seem that if you want to call a lot of different contacts via voice commands, then you talking a lot of different macros.
    Thanks for the reply. It seems like the apps have different strengths and capabilities. Now if someone could just find a way to combine the features, we'd really have something.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think VoiceDial only works with the native Palm contacts. If you are using something like KeyContacts, which uses a separate database, it won't pick up your contacts.
    I will assume you are correct having no info tot he contrary.....there's no manual for V2 yet so if there's a way to do it, I can't read about it .

You are correct that each command with VoiceNav does require a separate setup, but it is pretty easy to setup and use.
    So if I wnat all my 1500 contacts to work, do I have to record 1500 separate call macros....how much space does this take up ?
    So if I wnat all my 1500 contacts to work, do I have to record 1500 separate call macros....how much space does this take up ?
    It looks like 3K per macro. I makes a separate file for each one. Yeah, it would be a lot of work and space to do 1500. I don't have that many, but I'll just set up the ones I use often.
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    How did you get on the VSuite 2.0 beta, and is it still open to new testers? I volunteered through their support site, but no emails....
  9.    #29  
    There's a couple of peeps here using it. Think registered users of 1.1 have the best shot. Peeps who started using it before me indicated a February release so we probably ain't that far away
    Seem to have a major bug with VoiceNav. With Verizon, when I am connected to the network, my side button for QuickStart will not work. If I disconnect, the button works perfectly. Connect again, and the QuickStart doesn't work. Anyone else found this problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost
    Seem to have a major bug with VoiceNav. With Verizon, when I am connected to the network, my side button for QuickStart will not work. If I disconnect, the button works perfectly. Connect again, and the QuickStart doesn't work. Anyone else found this problem?
    I just tested that scenario using my Cingular 650. Same problem when using either the Volume Up key or the Side button (I didn't try all the other Quick Start key options). If a data connection is active (green arrows), VoiceNavIt does not respond to the Quick Start key press. The only exception seems to be if I manually open the VoiceNavIt application itself and then press the quick start key.
    I sent them an email about this. However, even if my data connection is not active, but open, it does the same thing.
    How *fast* is VoiceNav? That's what bugs me about VoiceLauncher is I hold the side button.. wait.. 2-3...4...5s maybe.. then it launches. Then 2-3s later I get the beeps for me to talk.

Programs like this really need to be responsive.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    How *fast* is VoiceNav? That's what bugs me about VoiceLauncher is I hold the side button.. wait.. 2-3...4...5s maybe.. then it launches. Then 2-3s later I get the beeps for me to talk.

I have VoiceLauncher too, but I stopped using it. The delay did not bother me as much as the inaccuracy of the voice recognition. No matter how many times I tried training VL, when I tried to launch a voice command I usually wound up with some type of voice pattern mismatch (either finds no matching pattern or launches the wrong one). If I was in a completely silent room, it worked some of the time. In all other scenarios, it usually wouldn't work at all.

I just tried an experiment for you to compare launch times. These times were measured with both app settings configured for the fastest launch (no voice prompts, no repeating back my command, etc.). When VoiceLauncher does manage to understand my command, it takes about 15 seconds to start VL, listen to my command, process my command, wait for the built in delay to time out, and then finally launch the desired app. VoiceNavIt takes about 6 seconds from the time I press the QuickStart key until my macro begins to run. Voice recognition accuracy has been pretty good with NavIt (over 90% even in noisier environments like a car).

I'm very close to purchasing VoiceNavIt. It seems to meet my needs. I just wish that I could buy it from one of the websites that has a 20% off discount coupon offer going on right now.
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus

IS it on the card ? Not sure how big it is but pushing a 1.0 MB + app to the SD card adds 5 seconds to launch time.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    IS it on the card ? Not sure how big it is but pushing a 1.0 MB + app to the SD card adds 5 seconds to launch time.
    I have both apps loaded in main memory, not on the SD card.
    I received the beta of VoiceSignal VSuite 2 beta 3 this morning and it was working great. But for some reason, now when I say the command "Call so and so", it confirms my request, says it is connecting, and then drops back to the wallpaper view on my phone without placing a call. It seems to just "quit" after connecting a call. Anyone else with the beta have this problem? I'll be contacting support to advise them but wanted to know first if this was a known issue.

Although it wasn't in the included instructions, I deleted and did a clean install of VSuite 2 beta 3, which appears to have resolved the problem. Customer support contacted me very quickly with the suggestion shortly thereafter, and told me that they would add this step to the install instructions. Thanks everyone for your input. (Great Program, BTW)
    Last edited by IEFesq; 03/01/2006 at 06:24 AM. Reason: Update to install instructions
    IEFesq: I'm having no problems with the VSuite beta.
  19.    #39  
    Did you do soft reset after install.....I do this like a religious pracice in windows and palm devices.
    When I got the beta I was instructed to remove my original voice software, soft reset, then install the beta. Maybe you should try that.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast