Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Ive searched and ive tried and tried, but my 650 wont sync to outlook. ive tried uninstalling both palm desktop and outlook and still no go. sync no problem with palm desktop. i have set to sync to both, during sync window pops up asking what "profile" in Outlook to sync to, i select. sync finishes, and my stuff is not in Outlook. i have it set in Hotsync to syncronize contacts, calander, etc.

quick fix anyone?
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    You can't sync to both with the default conduits. The Palm Desktop will not allow you to sync to both Outlook and the Palm Desktop even though the conduit manager shows both available.

In order to sync to Outlook you have to reinstall the Palm Desktop and when prompted tell it you want to sync to Outlook.

There are programs that will allow you to sync to both:

SwitchSync, LiveSync are a couple but it does require something other than just the software that came with the Treo's install disc.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by RSGMOOSE
    You can't sync to both with the default conduits. The Palm Desktop will not allow you to sync to both Outlook and the Palm Desktop even though the conduit manager shows both available.

In order to sync to Outlook you have to reinstall the Palm Desktop and when prompted tell it you want to sync to Outlook.

SwitchSync, LiveSync are a couple but it does require something other than just the software that came with the Treo's install disc.
    well thats helpful and something i didnt know. so do i have to reinstall Palm Desktop? or can i just change the settings in Hotsync to do nothing with Palm Desktop?

thanks for the quick response
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    If you already have the Desktop installed - reinsert the Install CD and if memory serves you'll be given an option to change to the Outlook Conduit.

If you have removed the Palm Desktop and reinstall it - then you'll probably have to complete the installation to sync to the Palm Desktop. Then try and reinstall it again.

The Windows registry will normally default the installation to the last setup and you then have to try again.

If this option doesn't come up immediately - then look for the "other" stuff that's on the install CD to see if the option is there.

I'm away from my install CD otherwise I'd give you the specifics but it should be fairly apparent.
    Moose Man
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
  5.    #5  
    I am familiar with installing the Palm desktop, I've had to do it several times for various reasons. So ill be fine I think.

Thanks again.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"

I am having the same problem. When re-installing Palm Desktop 4.1.4e, the only options are to sysc to Desktop, and to sync to both Outlook and Desktop
  7.    #7  
    I was given the option of Palm desktop only, Outlook Only, or both desktop and outlook. I won't be home til later tonight to see if I will be able to fix.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    I got rid of Palm Desktop 4.1.4e and went back to 4.1.4. That gave me the correct options, but now I get an error message that sync failed. I am on the phone with Verizon and waiting for Palm right now to see if they can figure this out

John
    http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,kb=PalmSupportKB,CASE=obj(25263),ts=Palm_External2001#columnab

Is link to Palm's site regarding syncing to both.

According to the above - on Cingular - it can't be done.
    Moose Man
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by CPcrazyfly
    I was given the option of Palm desktop only, Outlook Only, or both desktop and outlook. I won't be home til later tonight to see if I will be able to fix.
    scratch that, i swear earlier to day it gave me those options, but this time only gave me option of sync with desktop, or sync with both desktop and outlook
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
  11.    #11  
    http://kb.palm.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,kb=PalmSupportKB,CASE=obj(25263),ts=Palm_External2001#columnab

Is link to Palm's site regarding syncing to both.

According to the above - on Cingular - it can't be done.
    so what does this mean? i cant even sync with just Outlook now.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Post your hot sync log and let me see what it's trying to sync to.
    Moose Man
  13.    #13  
    OK Quick Install
    OK VersaMail
    OK Media
    Outlook Notes
    OLERR:0B-0004
    OLERR:0C-000F (0x0)
    OLERR:0D-0003
    OLERR:0D-0001
    - Not Synchronized
    Outlook Notes synchronization failed

OLERR:15-0002
    OLERR:08-0001
    OK Documents To Go
    Outlook Calendar
    OLERR:0C-0002 (0x0)
    OLERR:0C-000F (0x80004005)
    - Not Synchronized
    Outlook Calendar synchronization failed

OLERR:06-0001
    Outlook Contacts
    - Not Synchronized
    Outlook Contacts synchronization failed

OLERR:01-0001
    Outlook Tasks
    - Not Synchronized
    Outlook Tasks synchronization failed

OLERR:0F-0001
    -- Backing up MMIDCache0 to C:\Program Files\palmOne\PhilliC\Backup\MMIDCache0.PDB
    -- Backing up MMIDCache3 to C:\Program Files\palmOne\PhilliC\Backup\MMIDCache3.PDB
    -- Backing up midataidcache to C:\Program Files\palmOne\PhilliC\Backup\midataidcache.PDB
    -- Backing up Saved Preferences to C:\Program Files\palmOne\PhilliC\Backup\Saved_Preferences.PRC
    OK Backup

HotSync operation completed on 02/24/06 11:41:58
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Ok, at the moment you are setup to sync to Outlook. These OLERR errors are very common.

In Outlook - go to the help menu and run "Detect and Repair". Although normally it will fix these OLERR errors you might have to have your MS Office discs handy so be warned....but most of the time you won't need them.

Run that and then let me know. But I'm about to leave for a few hours and won't have access so it'll be later this afternoon or early evening PST before I can get back.
    Moose Man
  15.    #15  
    ran detect and repair...didnt fix anything.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    It's retarded. The options aren't clearly labeled in the install wizard menu and then the options are different for which version you are using (out of the box CD version or website download).

Gottat love it.

C
    Gone Tokin, gurgle gurgle...

JediChuckw/Treo

Going for my Treo 700p and icon thingy!!
    Ok,

On the PC go to Control Panel. Double click on Mail. Then click on Profiles.
    The profile you marked for the Palm Desktop to use must be visible and the radio button should be marked that says "always use this profile" with that profile named?
    Moose Man
  18.    #18  
    Ok,

On the PC go to Control Panel. Double click on Mail. Then click on Profiles.
    The profile you marked for the Palm Desktop to use must be visible and the radio button should be marked that says "always use this profile" with that profile named?
    i had already gone in and sone that, my profile is selected as "always use this profile"
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Do you have more than one profile available?
    Moose Man
  20.    #20  
    Do you have more than one profile available?
    there is one by my name, and the other entitled "Outlook"

when i do a Hotsync it stops and asks me which profile to sync with, i choose my name, and no go.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast