Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 29 of 29
  1. #21  
    If you know that your name profile is the one your Outlook info is in - delete the other profile.

    Outlook is the default profile and it may just be that one of the first times through this whole process it - well it just doesn't want to look for two profiles.

    I have only one profile on my machine - an 3 character initial and I deleted the Outlook one sometime ago.

    Also, look in Outlook under the folders view and under notes or possibly separately there should be a note field with your Username on it. I use Pocket Mirror Pro and it creates a note with my name on it. If memory serves me correctly, the Palm conduits creates a note called "handheld" and then with your user name in the note.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by RSGMOOSE
    If you know that your name profile is the one your Outlook info is in - delete the other profile.

    Outlook is the default profile and it may just be that one of the first times through this whole process it - well it just doesn't want to look for two profiles.

    I have only one profile on my machine - an 3 character initial and I deleted the Outlook one sometime ago.

    Also, look in Outlook under the folders view and under notes or possibly separately there should be a note field with your Username on it. I use Pocket Mirror Pro and it creates a note with my name on it. If memory serves me correctly, the Palm conduits creates a note called "handheld" and then with your user name in the note.
    no note. when i was searching the forum for an answer(yea some of us still search before asking questions ) i found a thread that had a program that removed corrupt files that were preventing people from syncing, i cant find that thread again, maybe i have corrupt files on my Treo?
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
  3. #23  
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=93534

    Look in the above thread for dbscan.

    It's possible you have corrupted records but that note field needs to be in Outlook in order to identify the username. Check with gtwo - he might have more info since he posted the above thread.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by RSGMOOSE
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=93534

    Look in the above thread for dbscan.

    It's possible you have corrupted records but that note field needs to be in Outlook in order to identify the username. Check with gtwo - he might have more info since he posted the above thread.
    i ran dbscan and it said there was nothing to remove.


    MY 8125 couldnt come sooner...i cant beleive i cant sync my treo with outlook.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
  5. #25  
    Not what you want to hear but one of the reasons I use Chapura's Pocket Mirror is because of the issues caused by the Palm conduits for Outlook.

    My only suggestion at this time would be to unistall the Palm Desktop, clean the registry of all Palm references and then start a new.

    Which I had to do with my T3 way back to get it to sync before Chapura updated to the XT version of it's software.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by RSGMOOSE
    Not what you want to hear but one of the reasons I use Chapura's Pocket Mirror is because of the issues caused by the Palm conduits for Outlook.

    My only suggestion at this time would be to unistall the Palm Desktop, clean the registry of all Palm references and then start a new.

    Which I had to do with my T3 way back to get it to sync before Chapura updated to the XT version of it's software.
    ive already uninstalled Palm Desktop several times, from my cd rom and from palm.com. how would i go about clearing all the registry of Palm? and what exactly does that mean for me, i DO NOT wanna reinstall all the apps and whatnot on my treo...
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
  7. #27  
    If you are not familiar with the registry then I don't recommend fooling with it. The registry can become corrupted by all of the installs and unistalls that have been done so the only way to fix those corruptions is to delete them.

    Perhaps you have a local friend that is familiar with the registry on the PC and can lend a hand.

    Short of that - my other suggestion is the Pocket Mirror Standard XT but if you've got a 6125 coming then what's the point?
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by RSGMOOSE
    If you are not familiar with the registry then I don't recommend fooling with it. The registry can become corrupted by all of the installs and unistalls that have been done so the only way to fix those corruptions is to delete them.

    Perhaps you have a local friend that is familiar with the registry on the PC and can lend a hand.

    Short of that - my other suggestion is the Pocket Mirror Standard XT but if you've got a 6125 coming then what's the point?
    dstrauss sent me Pocket Mirror. and my problems all went away. i got everything in to Outlook first hotsync.
    thank you for all your help tho! i appreciate you taking the time.


    and yes i am getting a 8125, which will sync with outlook, i have a large amount of contacts and calendar events that i would like to easily have on my 8125, so i needed to get my stuff into Outlook. i will hold on to my 650 and continue to use it too, unless the 8125 can replace it and i like it.

    once again tho, thanks for your efforts.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
  9. #29  
    Ok - figured that would fix it. Gotta hate Palm conduit management with Outlook.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions