1.    #1  
    I was in the preliminary stages of installing a custom rom ( I have done this several times) I wanted to flash back to cng 1.17 from 1.20 ena. So I flashed 1.23 and then 1.15. As soon as the updater was finished on 1.15 the phone looked like it was resetting and then...nothing at all. No charge light, can't reset, can't enter bootloader, nothing. I suppose it's possible that I have fried the thing electrically, but I've flashed many firmware and rom updates to this phone and never had a problem. Any help would be appreciated.
    I need some parts, if it is a lost cause. . .

NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Try Shadowmite's solution to reload. He's found a way to bring back Treo 650 that failed during the ROM updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by demps
    I was in the preliminary stages of installing a custom rom ( I have done this several times) I wanted to flash back to cng 1.17 from 1.20 ena. So I flashed 1.23 and then 1.15. As soon as the updater was finished on 1.15 the phone looked like it was resetting and then...nothing at all. No charge light, can't reset, can't enter bootloader, nothing. I suppose it's possible that I have fried the thing electrically, but I've flashed many firmware and rom updates to this phone and never had a problem. Any help would be appreciated.
    If you get no lights at all and no phone turn on, you have killed the phone past the point of current recovery. I'm looking at JTAG recovery right now, but it's at least 2 weeks away from happening. If you have a warrantly, I highly suggest you use it. My phone is basically in the same state.

If you need your phone right away, you should order a sprint motherboard from http://performancepda.zoovy.com/ and replace your current one. Save your dead mobo - I might be able to use it for the JTAG restore testing in the future...
  5.    #5  
    Thanks Matt, but mine is gsm. I just found out from Cingular that my warranty ran out eight days ago. I'm going to take the phone to a store tomorrow on the odd chance that just the battery is fried, but it looks like I'm going to be out at least 300 bucks. Bad enough, but I'm sure I'll have a new 650 for three months and the 700p will come out. If the phone is indeed toast I will save you all parts for testing. I appreciate all your efforts on the romtool,etc. I wish I was using it now.
    demps: It's possible to switch Sprint mobo's into GSM phones - you just need to remove the GSM radio from the dead one and put it on the new mobo, then flash with the latest GSM update.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmastrac
    demps: It's possible to switch Sprint mobo's into GSM phones - you just need to remove the GSM radio from the dead one and put it on the new mobo, then flash with the latest GSM update.
    That is correct!!! I have done it. If you need someone to do it send me a PM.

You also need to run various ROM/Firmware upgrades and use a patched aaachecker.prc file to do it right.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    The new rom update tool is going to have some token-changing ability soon (probably new couple of versions). I'll document a step-by-step for fixing a GSM phone with a CDMA mobo once I get all my hardware delivered so that you don't need to worry about hacking aaachecker.prc.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmastrac
    The new rom update tool is going to have some token-changing ability soon (probably new couple of versions). I'll document a step-by-step for fixing a GSM phone with a CDMA mobo once I get all my hardware delivered so that you don't need to worry about hacking aaachecker.prc.

Cool!!!! Keep up tho good work...
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.